Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince discussion

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Movie

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jacob THIS MOVIE WAS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. (Sorry, I'm taking this off another person's post.)
Let me name some things that bugged me:
-No Quidditch
-Lame Battle Scene
-Lame Burrow Scene
-Lame acting
-Lame modified scenes. (Harry was supposed to be in a invisible cloak when Professor Dumbledore was killed...and Snape shouldn't have known he was there.)

I mean, really. And Harry's first kiss wasn't in the Room of Requirement, nor did Ginny hide the book for him, or he wouldn't have known where the tiara was because the book was placed near the tiara, etc, etc.

Bleh. Maybe I'm just ranting, but this was a VERY VERY boring movie.

Jessica *Wise Owl* but if u dont compare it to the book then it was a pretty good movie....... but i do see ur frustrations

Jacob But it SHOULD be compared to the movie. Imagine someone made a movie called Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, but it was irrelevant to the book!

Jessica *Wise Owl* but most of the main ideas were nailed in the movie, just wrong on how the actions were carried out

Jacob That's what I hated. Sometimes it was OK, but other times, they just had modified scenarios that basically killed me while I was watching it. I mean, HOW DID THEY MISS QUIDDITCH? Every single year (Excluding sixth) They had Quidditch! Quidditch matches are so sick, they should've at least put that in! (Fourth=Triwizard and Seventh=Running for their f*cking lives.)

Jessica *Wise Owl* yes, but if the movie stayed word for word what the book siad it would 1 drag on forever, and 2 it would loose some the amazingness that happend in the book, no one would ever read if the book was exactly the same as the movie...

Jacob I mean modifying it so that the readers would ENJOY IT, not completely rip it apart piece by piece. I get what you're saying, but they modified the scenes so that they sucked. And really, no Quidditch just ruined the movie for me.

message 8: by Rachel (last edited Nov 17, 2011 12:39PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachel Jacob wrote: "I mean modifying it so that the readers would ENJOY IT, not completely rip it apart piece by piece. I get what you're saying, but they modified the scenes so that they sucked. And really, no Quiddi..."

I agree that they seemed to be changing things just for the sake of changing them. There was no reason to have the Burrow scene instead of something more important, like one of the two EXTREMELY important Tom Riddle memory scenes they left out (especially the Gaunt family memory).

The kiss scene was just terrible and was nearly identical to his kiss with Cho. The reason he liked Ginny better than Cho was that Ginny was a tomboy and not the type of person to be sappy. "*breathy voice* Close your eyes..."

Come. On.

They were obviously trying to cater to romance fans throughout the entire movie, and it was really irritating. Hi, this is a fantasy/action/adventure series, not cheesy teen romance.

Jessica *Wise Owl* no matter how close to the book they make it the people who actually have read the book will think its terrible and rip it apart, thats the just the way it is when it comes to people who love reading and how the movies are made.......... (that just ownt change)

message 10: by Rachel (last edited Nov 17, 2011 01:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachel Jessica wrote: "no matter how close to the book they make it the people who actually have read the book will think its terrible and rip it apart, thats the just the way it is when it comes to people who love readi..."

Not necessarily. I thought that the 7th and 8th movies (especially the 7th) were done beautifully for the most part. They actually stuck to the books more than they had since the early movies, and it showed in a very positive way.

The main problem I have is when they make changes for no other reason than to make changes. It usually results in a worse movie and doesn't make any sense.

Jessica *Wise Owl* no, no they didnt........... they left out a few parts i would have put in.....................

Rachel Jessica wrote: "no, no they didnt........... they left out a few parts i would have put in....................."

But compared to the 4th movie? The 5th? The 6th? They stuck to the books so much more closely. There are things that I wish they had put in, like more of Dumbledore's back story, but the main thing was that they didn't replace anything with insignificant, crappy, useless scenes. And what they kept from the book, they did really well.

Jessica *Wise Owl* still..... they cant change all these books, then follow on the last on........... its all or none.... (i read the books, and im made, point proven.....)

Jacob 7th movie(s) kind of awkward that Neville and Luna...y'know.

Jessica *Wise Owl* they need to get together!

Jacob WHY?!

Jessica *Wise Owl* because they would go great together.............

message 18: by Sonia (last edited Nov 17, 2011 09:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sonia Jarmula I think the lack of Quidditch emphasized how serious things were getting... not much fun and games. I do agree with the frustrations about the kiss, but since there was no Quidditch, there would be no kiss right after Harry won the match, right? At least they planned properly.
And, for when Harry needed to find the Horcrux, it kind of makes sense that he senses where it is, in The Deathly Hallows.

Jacob No, I mean, they should've made the final Quidditch game the most epic one. Every year the special effects get better, until they could design a hardcore game! I'm guessing that the people in real life who playing Quidditch every year felt sad.

message 20: by Rachel (last edited Nov 18, 2011 06:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachel Jessica wrote: "still..... they cant change all these books, then follow on the last on........... its all or none.... (i read the books, and im made, point proven.....)"

Well yes, I wish they'd just stuck to the books all the way through. I refuse to buy the fourth movie because it was so bad. But the last two are infinitely better than 4/5/6. I can barely even watch those, they're so awful =(

Sonia wrote: "I think the lack of Quidditch emphasized how serious things were getting... not much fun and games. I do agree with the frustrations about the kiss, but since there was no Quidditch, there would be..."

I do like how he senses the diadem. It's so creepy, haha. But yeah, I do think they should have had at least a little Quidditch in HBP. I mean, things are bad but they're not *that* bad until he leaves Hogwarts. The Ginny/Harry kiss could still have been less.. sappy. She's not supposed to be a sentimental, mushy character (the entire reason he likes her). Her whole character was just.. meh in the movies though.

As for the Neville and Luna thing.. that was awkward. I mean, I guess it was cute but it kind of felt forced, like they were just trying to match all of the main characters up before the end of the series.

Jessica *Wise Owl* just play quidiich to satisfy ur needs then!

Jacob Man, when Ginny and Harry kissed, they should've put heels on Harry to make him seem like the taller one of the two.

message 23: by Abby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby Maxwell i personallt thought the movie was fantastic. Maybe it is a little disapointing after the 5th one, but it was still good.

Chelseabelle Rachel wrote: "Jessica wrote: "no, no they didnt........... they left out a few parts i would have put in....................."

But compared to the 4th movie? The 5th? The 6th? They stuck to the books so much mo..."

Agreed.. the 6th movie was almost a tragedy.. especially considering how they mangled the Horcrux MAIN PLOTLINE.. and the way they fixed it in the 7th and 8th movies was stupid in my opinion. They could have done it RIGHT in the 6th movie and been fine.

BUT.... the 7th and 8th were closer to the books than any of the movies had been since the 3rd, so I commend them for returning to the actual script.

Jacob The end of the 8th was just...just...
WTF.
The elder wand was never snapped in two...
And why did all the Death Eaters start disapperating?
Bleh.

Jessica *Wise Owl* you just seem like a hater....... (gotta learn to love)

Jacob >:(

message 28: by Rachel (last edited Nov 22, 2011 03:51AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachel Jessica wrote: "you just seem like a hater....... (gotta learn to love)"

It's kind of difficult to love something when it messes up a really special series so horribly.

Jacob wrote: "The end of the 8th was just...just...
WTF.
The elder wand was never snapped in two...
And why did all the Death Eaters start disapperating?
Bleh."

I just bought the movie, and I was watching that scene when I realized how easy it would have been to still snap it in half but also get Harry his wand back. All he had to do was turn to Hermione, ask her for the pieces of his wand (which would presumably be in her bag), fix it, and then break the Elder wand. I could see it so clearly in my head, it almost killed me, haha.

Jacob Ikr? I was watching that part and I was like...wait a sec...his wand...

Jacob Oh well. Good luck with Draco's wand Harry :D

Jessica *Wise Owl* you guys put to much thought into it. the movie is never as good as the book...... they forget things (no matter how important)