MJHS 7th Grade ELA discussion

SSR Book

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ms.Smoker (new)

Ms.Smoker (amandaes) | 4 comments Mod
What are you currently reading? What do you like about it?

message 2: by LeeAnn (new)

LeeAnn (lacey234) | 1 comments I am reading Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. It is really interesting. The main character is Annabel and her sister has an eating disorder. I really click with the supporting main character, Owen. Owen is obsessed with music and is always listening to his ipod. Although some of his music choices are quite odd I like some of the styles he listens to.

message 3: by Katy (new)

Katy (katysue) | 1 comments I am reading Hoot. Its good so far but im only on like page 20.

message 4: by Sierra (new)

Sierra | 3 comments I am currently reading Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I like it because Lena has Caster powers but her cousin continues to push her to the dark side of her Sixteenth Moon.

message 5: by Josh (new)

Josh Bacon | 4 comments I am about to read Maximum Ride: Schools Out - Forever

message 6: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 1 comments I just got done reading Hunger games by Suzane Collins. This book was a thiller that i never wanted to put down. I am so exited to keep on reading the series with Catching Fire.

message 7: by Travis (new)

Travis | 3 comments i am reading maximum ride schools out foever.so far it is as good as the angle experiment.

message 8: by Sierra (new)

Sierra | 3 comments I am now reading The Inventions of Hugo Cabret, by Brian Selznick.

message 9: by Josh (new)

Josh Bacon | 4 comments Travis wrote: "i am reading maximum ride schools out foever.so far it is as good as the angle experiment."

I Am About to. Jeezez

message 10: by Travis (new)

Travis | 3 comments josh you will read it when sierra gets you the book.but so far you arent going to read it any time soon because she keeps forgeting

message 11: by Sierra (new)

Sierra | 3 comments Well if you are about to and he is reading it now, i predict that he will be done reading first.(sorry Josh)

message 12: by Travis (new)

Travis | 3 comments oh yeah.

message 13: by Josh (new)

Josh Bacon | 4 comments Well bring the stupid book and i will finish it!

message 14: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Shinn | 1 comments I'm reading the mouse and the motorcycle. It is fairly good

message 15: by Ms.Smoker (new)

No fighting on here. :)

message 16: by Joel (last edited Nov 29, 2011 09:04AM) (new)

Joel Krenzke | 1 comments I started reading the 'Witch & Wizard.' Personally, I felt it was written by a six year old. The book was hard to follow, people were bursting in to flames, and the author felt it was necessary to use acronyms such as 'WTH?' So I decided I would put that book where I found it. The next book I chose was 'Fight Club' by Chuck Palahniuk. I absolutely love Palahniuk's books, such as 'Lullaby' and 'Survivor.' Mr. Palahniuk's books are terrifyingly confusing if you are not used to his style of writing. I wouldn't recommend reading his books if you aren't going to take them seriously and relate to them and TRULY (truly, truly, truly!)think about was the book is saying. With Chuck's books you need to think behind the text, because there is a hidden message behind every sentence, metaphor, and simile.

-Take care everyone,
Joel Krenzke

message 17: by Ms.Smoker (new)

I know a couple other people that started to read Witch and Wizard that felt like it was not well written. Sorry it was a dislike for you, Joel.

message 18: by Josh (new)

Josh Bacon | 4 comments I am currently reading "The Hunger Games"(again). I have loved that book the first couple times i read it, so I am reading it again.

message 19: by Logan (new)

Logan | 1 comments I'm currently reading Robinson Crusoe

message 20: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Hall | 1 comments Im currently reading Catching Fire and right now I am on page 287. I have also been entering the giveaways and have won 3 books.

-Matthew Hall

message 21: by Katie (last edited Feb 19, 2012 05:04PM) (new)

Katie | 1 comments im reading princess in the spotlight. The book is really good, its about this girl who couldn't have anything else go wrong in her life. Her mom is dating her algebra teacher and she foud out her dad is a prince and SHE is the heir to the throne. Now her mom is preganat with her algebra teacher's baby AND if it wasn't enough, they are getting married and her controlling grandmother thinks SHE'S planning the wedding. Ohhh gosh. BUT, it's SUPER good, love it!!

message 22: by Ms.Smoker (new)

Katie wrote: "im reading princess in the spotlight. The book is really good, its about this girl who couldn't have anything else go wrong in her life. Her mom is dating her algebra teacher and she foud out her d..."

I'm glad you love it. :)