Between Shades of Gray Between Shades of Gray discussion

Favorite Quotes

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J (new) - rated it 5 stars

J Do you have some quotes from this read that stole your heart and stirred your soul?

"I don't deserve anything. You stand for what is right, Lina, without the expectation of gratitude."

"Have you ever wondered what a human life is worth? That morning, my brother's life was worth a pocket watch."

"Faces spoke to their future. I saw courage, anger, fear, and confusion. Other faces were hopeless. They had already given up."---Lina

"I planted hatred in my heart. I swore it would grow to be a massive tree whose roots would strangle them all."---Lina

"Sometimes, there is such beauty in awkwardness."--Lina

"Mother told me to feel sorry for the person, that they had been pushed over the edge of their identity."---Lina

"From my rotting body flowers shall grow, and I am in them and that is eternity."---Lina

message 2: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo I liked the part where she realizes what Krasivaya means

“It means beautiful, but with strength,” he slurred. “Unique.”

message 3: by J (new) - rated it 5 stars

J Trina wrote: "I liked the part where she realizes what Krasivaya means

“It means beautiful, but with strength,” he slurred. “Unique.”"

how did I overlook that one--- really good quote!!

message 4: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Awww thanks:) The quote really emphasizes the contrast of the speakers who said the same word (Andrius and Kretzsky) It's times like these when I wished the English vocabulary was just a bit more detailed and colorful:)

message 5: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee “Good men are often more practical than pretty " said Mother. "Andrius just happens to be both.”

its maybe not as poignent as the others but I liked it

message 6: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Dee wrote: "“Good men are often more practical than pretty " said Mother. "Andrius just happens to be both.”

its maybe not as poignent as the others but I liked it"

touche

message 7: by J (new) - rated it 5 stars

J Trina wrote: "Dee wrote: "“Good men are often more practical than pretty " said Mother. "Andrius just happens to be both.”

its maybe not as poignent as the others but I liked it"

touche"

Thanks for your quotes---just what I needed to hear on a personal level tonight.

message 8: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee sorry to any guys out there, but soo true ;)