DC Comics Fans discussion

Comics > Zeus as Wonder Woman's Father! Good or Bad?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annice22 (new)

Annice22 | 219 comments Mod
If you follow the new Wonder Woman, do you think having Zeus as her father good or bad?

For me it kind of feels like another money making gimmick of DC to get more sales. I kind of liked her old origin with her being made from clay. It made her seem a little different and more special.

Now she's just like Hercules. And now will also be blood sister to Wonder Girl (Cassie, if they haven't changed her origin either).

Has anyone noticed how weak or depowered she is in the new books compared to how powerful she was before the reboot. Maybe they are working up to getting her full power or it will just be another new change for her. Kind of makes me want to go read some of the old stories.

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Clough (brendaclough) | 130 comments I do not like the reboot, and feel that the current WW will once again be abandoned for some other version. Still not right, as it were.

message 3: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (ralph_nater) I'm afraid I'm going to have to play the Devil's advocate here and say that I kind of love the take Brain Azzarello has taken on Wonder Woman. I may of course be a little bit bias since I absolutely love Azzarello's work but take my word for it, if he stays on it long enough than I can guarantee you we're in for a treat.

message 4: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 415 comments Bad.
WW has now gone from unique to just one of many kids Zues has cranked out.
and nothing says 'strong character development' like giving the heroine daddy issues.

Funny how now of the guys got their origins messed with that much.