Creative Reviews discussion

Special Events > Cover--can't decide which one... help?

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Camelia (new)

Camelia Skiba | 19 comments Hello everyone. I can't make up my mind which of the 5 mockups to pick for my upcoming novel "A World Apart (contemporary war romance).

I created a poll on my blog which runs until next week, but I'd like to ask for a BIG favor from you... Would you please help me decide the winner? Please?

My blog link is http://cameliamironskiba.wordpress.co...

All votes are greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

message 2: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments I like 4...I would loike them all more if you got rid of the dude :).

Splitter

message 3: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments voted!

message 4: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments LOL Splitter!!!1 I voted for #3 ;)

message 5: by Camelia (new)

Camelia Skiba | 19 comments C.S. Splitter wrote: "I like 4...I would loike them all more if you got rid of the dude :).

Splitter"

Splitter--you're killing me, man!!! that's a thought I didn't want in my head... can you at least "pretend" you like him? For the sake of my sleep :)))

message 6: by Camelia (new)

Camelia Skiba | 19 comments Thanks Ottilie and Cambria!

message 7: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Your welcome!

message 8: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Camelia wrote: "C.S. Splitter wrote: "I like 4...I would loike them all more if you got rid of the dude :).

Splitter"

Splitter--you're killing me, man!!! that's a thought I didn't want in my head... can you at l..."

Oh, it's not that guy in particular! I just have this thing for women and he is kinda blocking my view :).

Splitter

message 9: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Camelia- don't mind Splitter - he just prefers women over men. lol. Your covers are fab!!! The entire female population will enjoy that man. he he he he

message 10: by Camelia (new)

Camelia Skiba | 19 comments C.S. Splitter wrote: "Camelia wrote: "C.S. Splitter wrote: "I like 4...I would loike them all more if you got rid of the dude :).

Splitter"

Splitter--you're killing me, man!!! that's a thought I didn't want in my head..."

Oh, thanks, Splitter. Now I'm relieved... I long exhale followed by wiping sweat of my forehead...

:))) I can undo the damage with the cover of my first novel... has a really amazing, stunning looking woman on it... promise
http://www.amazon.com/HIDDEN-HEART-eb...

message 11: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal Voted! I totally love the blog background!!!

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidirainydayramblings) | 59 comments Camelia wrote: "Hello everyone. I can't make up my mind which of the 5 mockups to pick for my upcoming novel "A World Apart (contemporary war romance).

I created a poll on my blog which runs until next week, b..."

voted

message 13: by Matt (new)

Matt Posner (mattposner) | 70 comments I also picked #4. I think the red works best with the skin tones of the models.

message 14: by Camelia (new)

Camelia Skiba | 19 comments Thank you so very much, everyone for taking the time to vote. I'm now more confused :))))

message 15: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) voted for 5 :)

message 16: by Phil (new)

Phil Cantrill | 313 comments C.S. Splitter wrote: "I like 4...I would loike them all more if you got rid of the dude :).

Splitter"

Agree with Splitter. At least put the bloke in the background -- way in the background. I like the red cover.

message 17: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments LOL. Camelia we are are full of opinions around here.

message 18: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Cambria wrote: "LOL. Camelia we are are full of opinions around here."

That's not the only thing some of us are full of! I voted for 5

message 19: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments I think I voted for 1

message 20: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Hey, y'all like hawt guys. We like hot women. It's just a matter of priorities :).

Splitter

message 21: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) C.S. Splitter wrote: "Hey, y'all like hawt guys. We like hot women. It's just a matter of priorities :).

Splitter"

I can admit when a chick is hot!!!

message 22: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Excatly, but I think the two on the cover do well together.

message 23: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Ottilie wrote: "Excatly, but I think the two on the cover do well together."

Yep, but the dude is hotter.

message 24: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Hahaha well yeah

message 25: by Camelia (new)

Camelia Skiba | 19 comments There you go! I have the ladies all on my side liking the guy (I honest would take him home if I could... not sure what I would explain to my husband but is so worth it!). We gonna' call it "team David" (as the main hero's name). Then we have Splitter head of "team Cassandra" (the heroine's team). As it looks there are more fans in Team David.

Splitter?

message 26: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Camelia, tell your husband he's the pool boy ;)

message 27: by Camelia (new)

Camelia Skiba | 19 comments Ottilie wrote: "Camelia, tell your husband he's the pool boy ;)"

OMG!!! I love it. Thanks for the idea, Ottilie! David is SO my pool boy :)))

message 28: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Hahahahaha anytime!!

message 29: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Well, I showed them to my wife and she thought the guy was good looking. Though you do have to grade her opinion in men on a curve...

:)

Splitter

message 30: by Camelia (new)

Camelia Skiba | 19 comments So, ladies. We can add Splitter's wife to our team David. Unless he's pulling out of somewhere a miraculous number of fans for team Cassandra, David stays where he is :))) Less than 5 hours until the poll ends. No pressure there...

message 31: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments I have a funny story about Camelia that I will tell after she posts the poll results. Don't want to derail the thread too early lol.

Splitter

message 32: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments ut oh...

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I am on Splitter's team.

Voted for #5.

message 34: by Camelia (new)

Camelia Skiba | 19 comments Before I tell everyone which cover won, let me begin by thank you all for the fun, easy way you made it for me throughout this process of waiting for the poll to end. I was so nervous!!!
So ... here it is... the winner
http://cameliamironskiba.wordpress.co...

Now... onto Splitter's story about me. I have my PJ on and I'm ready for the good night story... don't make me wait... I might fall asleep... does it start with "once upon a time..."?

message 35: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Ah great choice :)

message 36: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Love it!

message 37: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Once upon a time, Splitter got a friend request on GoodReads from Camelia. As he always does with new friends, Splitter clicked on her profile and her blog.

"Who's that?" Mrs. Splitter asked, looking at Camelia's blog while delivering Splitter an adult beverage.

"A new friend on GoodReads," Splitter responded as he read about Vetern's Day and Romania.

"How come none of your friends and readers are ugly...or men?"

"Some are men," Splitter replied.

Mrs. Splitter thumped Splitter on the back of the head with a well aimed finger flick which made him ALMOST spill his adult beverage.

"Wrong answer," Mrs. Splitter said.

Moral of story: Other authors may have more readers and friends, but Splitter's readers and friends are better looking.

At least, I think that was the moral of the story.

(You would have to know Mrs. Splitter to understand. She never passes up an opportunity to give me heck. When I stub a toe, she laughs at my hopping around and cursing BEFORE she asks if it is broken. Mrs. Splitter is a trip.)

Splitter

message 38: by Camelia (new)

Camelia Skiba | 19 comments C.S. Splitter wrote: "Once upon a time, Splitter got a friend request on GoodReads from Camelia. As he always does with new friends, Splitter clicked on her profile and her blog.

"Who's that?" Mrs. Splitter asked, loo..."

I LOVE MRS. SPLITTER. She is my kind of gal. She is really kind, hope you count your blessings.
If it were me, I would've thumped you AFTER you took your first sip of your adult beverage. To ensure sure damage. As I said... count your blessings.
(And yes, I'm laughing so hard, my eyes are flooded with tears!). But regardless, Splitter thanks for the compliment (THAT's the moral of the story :)))

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Well if ya want Split, I can clone myself a few times and you can point out the other men on your friend list.

And by the way, from everything you have told me about how beautiful your wife is and how lucky you were to find someone to put up with you, I doubt she need ever worry.

message 40: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments I pretty much married outside of my species, Frank :). It's fun to walk into a restaurant and have people go, "What the...he must be rich." lol

Splitter

message 41: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Freaking EPIC story! I love your wife.

message 42: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Camelia wrote: "C.S. Splitter wrote: "Once upon a time, Splitter got a friend request on GoodReads from Camelia. As he always does with new friends, Splitter clicked on her profile and her blog.

"Who's that?" Mr..."

Epic!
I would've done the same thing.
It's cool, I have medical training......kinda ;)

message 43: by Camelia (new)

Camelia Skiba | 19 comments Jenn aka Texas Long Hair wrote: "Camelia wrote: "C.S. Splitter wrote: "Once upon a time, Splitter got a friend request on GoodReads from Camelia. As he always does with new friends, Splitter clicked on her profile and her blog.

..."

Jenn, I assume you would use the medical training to rescue Splitter from... drinking his beverage through his nose, right?

message 44: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Camelia wrote: "Jenn aka Texas Long Hair wrote: "Camelia wrote: "C.S. Splitter wrote: "Once upon a time, Splitter got a friend request on GoodReads from Camelia. As he always does with new friends, Splitter click..."

Ummm.... Yeah!