Mid-Continent Public Library discussion

Industry News > Publishers Weekly Best Romance Books 2011

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh, I haven't read the bottom two. I've got to get to work!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Terri wrote: "Whatcha think about the first three? Did they deserve to be on that list?"

It was nice to see Mary Balogh finally finish her Mistress trilogy. She's one of the better historical writers, in my opinion, but this book was nowhere near good as the first and second in the series.

No Proper Lady No Proper Lady by Isabel Cooper was so interesting! Finally a time travel book! This was even a blending subgenres in the romance genre, urban fantasy meets historical. Wonderful!

I couldn't wait for Scandalous Desires Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3) by Elizabeth Hoyt to come out. There was chemistry brewing between these characters in the first two books of the series. They have to overcome a lot to find their HEA, and I didn't buy the hero's sudden conversion to the good guy since he's been such a rascal in the other books, an Irish thug. But it was a solid book and not too bad.

A book woud recommed is Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers #1) by Sarah MacLean . This had fully developed characters, a great plotline not bogged down by offshoot stories, and it made me cry! It was published in late 2010, but I didn't discover this wonderful book or author until this year. So this is my recommended read for 2011.