Doctor Who: The Library of Carsus discussion

Doctor Who and the Loch Ness Monster
The TARDIS'S ARCHIVE > Doctor Who & The Loch Ness Monster -- So EXCITED!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by michelle+8 (last edited Nov 15, 2011 06:48AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

michelle+8 (michelleplus8) I just downloaded my very first Doctor Who Target novelization, Doctor Who and the Loch Ness Monster by Terrance Dicks! (It is a novelization of the 4th Doctor story, Terror of the Zygons.) I was inspired to do so by reading the more recent 10th Doctor novel, Doctor Who: Sting Of The Zygons, which has many references to the Doctor's previous encounters with the Zygons.

I'm so excited; I can't wait to start reading this book! :)

Travis (travishiltz) | 1179 comments Good book. One of the first I ever bought back when Target first started releasing them in the US.

I also love the Zygons and wished they'd been brought back on the show.
If you like the Zygons, you also need to hunt down the 'Bodysnatchers' novel, featuring Doctor #8.

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 178 comments I've got the Pinnacle books (US published late 70s early 80s) version of this, and maybe the Target, not sure as my GR list has just this edition as the one I own and I sort of recognize the cover image.

michelle+8 (michelleplus8) I'm considering trying to make my way through all the novelizations, after I finish the new Who books.

Travis (travishiltz) | 1179 comments I'm proud to say I have managed to collect all but four of the Target novelizations.
They are a lot of fun and in the days before netflix, they were the only way to expierence some of the early stories.

michelle+8 (michelleplus8) I've managed to find ebooks of everything except Doctor Who and Shada, Resurrection of the Daleks, Revelation of the Daleks, and Doctor Who: The Novel of the Film. I found most of it here: http://www.tuebl.com/library/series/4834

Travis (travishiltz) | 1179 comments As far as I know 'Resurrection' and 'Revelation' were never novelized due to some legal problem with Terry Nation's estate.
I believe they are the only two episodes not to get a book.

Didn't know there was a novelization of the film. I'll have to track that down.

message 8: by michelle+8 (last edited Nov 16, 2011 07:36PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

michelle+8 (michelleplus8) There are five episodes that were never officially made into novels, including the three I mentioned above, but a Doctor Who fan club in New Zealand did unofficial novelisations. I thought I had two of them (Doctor Who and the Pirate Planet and Doctor Who and the City of Death), but now I can't find them. :(

The one for the film is Doctor Who: The Novel of the Film by Gary Russell.