Amazon Kindle discussion

River in the Sea
This topic is about River in the Sea
Author's Corner > Tina Boscha: historical fiction

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina Boscha (tinaboscha) | 19 comments I'm excited to post here about my novel, River in the Sea. I recently released it in both paperback and for the Kindle. Here's a quick description:

At fifteen, Leen De Graaf likes everything she shouldn’t: smoking cigarettes, wearing red lipstick, driving illegally, and working in the fields. It seems the only thing she shares with her fellow Dutchmen is a fear of the German soldiers stationed nearby and a frantic wish for the war to end. When a soldier’s dog runs in front of Leen’s truck, her split decision sets off a storm of events that pitches her family against the German forces when they are most desperate – and fierce. Leen tries to hold her family together, but despite her efforts, bit by bit everything falls apart, and just when Leen experiences a horrific loss, she must make a decision that could forever brand her a traitor, yet finally allow her to live as her heart desires. Inspired by the life of the author’s mother, River in the Sea is a powerful and moving account of one girl reaching adulthood when everything she believes about family, friendship, and loyalty is questioned by war.

This book fits many genres - historical, literary, and coming-of-age in particular. I'll be posting here periodically to let you know about upcoming giveaways and reviews.

Thank you!

message 2: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Douglas (teachgiftedkids) | 29 comments Sounds great! I just ordered the Kindle version.

message 3: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina Boscha (tinaboscha) | 19 comments Wow!!!! Thank you! That was fast - and lovely to read in a comment. :-)

message 4: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Douglas (teachgiftedkids) | 29 comments Where would we be without Ben Franklin and electricity?? Glad to discover a new author. Good luck to you and your books!

message 5: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina Boscha (tinaboscha) | 19 comments We love Ben Franklin! Please let me know when you read it - I'd love to get your reaction.

message 6: by Tricia (last edited Nov 15, 2011 06:36PM) (new)

Tricia Douglas (teachgiftedkids) | 29 comments I'll be sure to let you know. I'm also downloading your book onto my sister's Kindle that I'm giving to her for Christmas. She lives in Costa Rica so you'll be worldwide come December!

Literary  Chanteuse For any one considering this book it is really good! I really enjoyed it and recommend it!

message 8: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina Boscha (tinaboscha) | 19 comments Thank you Margaret!!!!!

message 9: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina Boscha (tinaboscha) | 19 comments Tricia, SMOOCH!

BTW, giveaway time! Please help me spread the word if you're interested: event details.

(From the event text): I'm excited to be participating in an interview and giveaway through Tina Lane's blog, Girl With a New Life. She features "Stories From Real Women: Following a Dream" and today and tomorrow, November 16 & 17, my story is up! Tina (yes, two Tinas) will be drawing two comments at random to receive a free e-book copy of my novel, River in the Sea.

Please hop on over to girlwithanewlife.com, read through, and leave a comment, perhaps with a snippet of your own story. Thank you!