What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Accidental Bride (Bride, #2)
This topic is about The Accidental Bride
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Historical romance forced to marry deceased sister's husband - SOLVED - thank you! [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katy (new)

Katy | 2 comments It's a historical romance novel. I read it about six or so years ago, so I think it was published in the late nineties or early 2000s.
The heroine is forced to marry the husband of her sister that just died.
She feels very inferior physically... her sister was tall and beautiful and graceful, while she is shorter and slightly pudgy. I think the sister's name may have been Diane or Diana.
When he realizes how self conscious she is about her appearance, her husband blindfolds her and shows her that her body is beautiful. (This scene stands out in my memory)
She also discovers that the marriage between her sister and her husband was not as good as she thought it had been, and that they didn't really love one another.
He is involved in something secretive (good, not bad). I can't remember exactly what it was, but he tries to leave her at home while he goes to take care of it, but she sneaks along with him and ends up in danger, but of course he saves her.
At the end of the novel she is happily pregnant.

This is definitely vague, but I'm hoping someone has read it or has any ideas. I just can't remember a whole lot more about it right now. I've been trying to find this book for a very long time!
Thank you

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 138 comments Oooh, ooh, I think this is The Accidental Bride by Jane Feather. The heroine Phoebe has to marry her dead older sister Diana's husband. Cato, the hero, is involved with the politics of the English Civil War, and yes, she does sneak off to follow him on one of his missions, leading herself into danger. I loved this book, it's one of my favorites!

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 138 comments Oh, and Diana always made fun of Phoebe's looks, b/c Phoebe was a little chubby and didn't dress all super-stylish, whereas Diana was beautiful and slender and fashionable.

message 4: by Katy (new)

Katy | 2 comments Oh my goodness! You are my hero! Thank you sooo so much, that is the book. Yaay!!

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 138 comments Yay! Love it when I can help :D