Indie Book Club discussion

Indie Book Blog > Guest spots, blog tours, etc

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Scott (bookblogger) | 1315 comments Mod
Hello all,

Just letting everyone know I am still looking for guest posts or whatever to give my blog some variety. If you are interested please let me know and we'll get something figured out.

message 2: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments I would love to get something for you, but I've committed to a couple of others already. It might take a little while before I can get you something. That ok?

Let me know if there's a certain topic you want me to follow.

Jeff

message 3: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

I have no time frame in mind, I just like to have a bit of variety on my blog. Any topic works for me and feel free to include some self promo as well. Ideally the more guest blogs I do the more google searches will lead to my blog and increase my audience.

message 4: by Clare (new)

Clare | 8 comments I'd be interested in doing some guest posting. Any topic at all, eh...? *Evil laugh*

Just kidding. If you want me to write something up, I have a few ideas in mind. :)

message 5: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Clare I would be happy to have you as a guest on my blog. I am not a picky person when it comes to content, as I am lacking in creativity. I figure if you can write and publish a book, you can come up with a few paragraphs on a topic of interest lol. I would probably have something like: Topic pepperjack cheese, discuss.

message 6: by Clare (new)

Clare | 8 comments Haha, good thing you're not telling me to write about cheese. I actually don't like cheese, specifically, the smell of cheese. (But I do like pizza :P) So I guess technically I could write about cheese and how much I don't like it, but that's neither here nor there. :)

ANYWAY! I will have something for you within the next couple of days. :)

message 7: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments Clare wrote: "Haha, good thing you're not telling me to write about cheese. I actually don't like cheese, specifically, the smell of cheese. (But I do like pizza :P) So I guess technically I could write about ch..."

I'd like to hear more about your aversion to cheese. I think that's fascinating.

Jeff

message 8: by Clare (new)

Clare | 8 comments Haha, there's really not much to say to that. Melted cheese is the worst, though. I can't go in the kitchen if someone has melted it on crackers. I also don't like it when people near me are eating stinky cheese.

Goat cheese is okay. I think I've eaten that before and haven't minded it. Basically, if it's cooked inside something and I can't taste it, I'll probably eat it. Example: pizza tastes like tomato sauce and bread and meat, so that's good. Lasagna is one cheesy food that I'll either eat the whole thing, or pick the cheese layer off and eat the rest.

Also: cream cheese=gross, but cheesecake=the best.

Related: Milk is my favourite beverage/snack. Yogurt is also delicious.

message 9: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

For the record I agree with the cream cheese opinion.

message 10: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Jeffrey Poole (authorjmpoole) | 2287 comments Mod
Too much cheese = happy Big J

:)

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Provost (parthalan) | 23 comments I am befuddled as to how goat cheese is more acceptable that cream cheese. I am a lover of all things dairy, yet I consider goat cheese the vilest of concoctions.

message 12: by Clare (new)

Clare | 8 comments I think it was goat cheese. It was eaten in a dip with something else much more delicious. Maybe I am remembering wrong.

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Provost (parthalan) | 23 comments My best friend recently got married, and her wedding cake was pumpkin spice with goat cheese frosting. Oh, the humanity.

message 14: by Clare (new)

Clare | 8 comments I think this thread needs to be renamed.

message 15: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Lol!!

message 16: by Brandy (new)

Brandy Camel | 66 comments /rerail

I'd be happy to write something up for you, Scott. If there's anything you have in mind, please let me know, otherwise, I'm sure I can come up with something!

/re-derail

Cream cheese by itself is gross (and heaven forbid you put it on a bagel), but I agree with the sentiment that cheesecake is delicious.

message 17: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Now wait a moment. Sheesh! I, for one, LOVE cream cheese! On a danish, on a bagel, as a frosting on a cake... *sigh*

message 18: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Cream cheese frosting has almost no relationship to the grossness put on bagels! It's like saying carrot cake is a great source of vegetables lol.

Brandy nothing really specific in mind for the guest posts. I just wanted to highlight the individual books and keep the giveaway at the forefront of everyone's mind for the month.

message 19: by Clare (new)

Clare | 8 comments Actually I do like cream cheese frosting. Carrot cake = delicious.

message 20: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments Scott wrote: "I have no time frame in mind, I just like to have a bit of variety on my blog. Any topic works for me and feel free to include some self promo as well. Ideally the more guest blogs I do the more ..."

Hi Scott,

I just finished one that I think you might like. I sent you a friend request, as I didn't have your email. (I thought we were already friended, but I guess not.) Let me know how you want me to send it to you.

Jeff

message 21: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Jeffery wrote: "Scott wrote: "I have no time frame in mind, I just like to have a bit of variety on my blog. Any topic works for me and feel free to include some self promo as well. Ideally the more guest blogs ..."

Jeff I sent you an email to the address that was included with your friend request.

message 22: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments Scott wrote: "Jeffery wrote: "Scott wrote: "I have no time frame in mind, I just like to have a bit of variety on my blog. Any topic works for me and feel free to include some self promo as well. Ideally the m..."

Thanks! Let me know what you think.

Jeff

message 23: by B. (new)

B. Throwsnaill (bthrowsnaill) | 208 comments Scott, I sent my blog post to you a few days back. I just want to make sure you got it.
B

message 24: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Yes I did. Thanks. I am hoping to get it formatted as a blog post today. It'll depend on how much Zoey tries to hit me if I use the computer lol.