The Story of Our Lives discussion

Poetry Contests > November 2011

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 890 comments Mod
Complete 1 vote, 33.3%
Depressing 1 vote, 33.3%
Thrilling 1 vote, 33.3%

Empathy 1 vote, 33.3%
Humility 1 vote, 33.3%
Fidelity 1 vote, 33.3%

Er.....just choose one of each group......:/
You know the rules. :)
Have fun! Due in Nov. 30....:)
Good luck, everyone!!

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan Bahahahaa....

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (agentsd) MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAA... How about all six? ;D

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 890 comments Mod
Err....you can try? Haha....I'm kind of excited to see what you'd come up with....:)

There's this hole.
It's drilled to the core.
It seems unmendable.
They still explore.

Testing it out,
to find it's meaning,
why is it just there,
in the bottom of my feelings?

I try to breathe deep,
but it extends,
up to my stomach,
where it's tendrils end,

Then up even more,
squeezing my chest,
but the hands still attack,
and can't seem to rest,

Eventually I am bound,
with no repent,
Constricting finally my throat,
its lithe ascent

But it's gone all so soon,
the violence ends,
strong arms reach around me,
a voice descends,

"It's okay"'s, "It's alright"'s,
I can't break or bend,
here in these arms,
I am safe again

not my best....*shrugs*

message 7: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) Oops. Heheh. I'm writing one I just need to incorporate the prompts...

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan Mine is in the workings. Whether I can finish it remains to be seen....

message 9: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) Exactly.

Quick! One more day!! C'mon, guys, I know you can do it! :)

message 11: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) GAH!!!!

Is anyone else doing NaNoWriMo?

Yes...I'm dying. I swear....
I totally understand. :)

message 13: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) I'm so sorry...

And the worst part is, I'm at a totally reachable point. 441 more words to go!!!!!!!

OH, jeez!! Go, go, go!! :)
Good luck.....whenever you're done finishing validation, tell me what time it is! :) I wanna know how far apart we are....

message 15: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) 20 hours, 54 minutes ago. *does some math* 5:34 my time.

8:34 my time.... :) Funny......I think I just died......lol....I was only 500 words short....................it's so.......ironic. :/

message 17: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) Oh that's sad. I way overshot it.

Haha, lucky lucky. :)
I finished up almost....got about three chapters left and my book'll be all done! :)
I'm glad I did this, though, for the second year in a row. I wouldn't ever trade it. :)

message 19: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) I did it last year, too. I wrote just over 18000 words. This year my goal was 24k and I hit 25k before the end of the 30th.

My FRIEND, though, had a word goal of 30k and ALMOST made 60k. She had 59480. In two days. It's insane.

Holy jeezums! That's crazy!
It's so fantastic that you were so much above your goal. :) That's amazing, I am so so proud. :)

I was 500 off of 50K. :) ((My goal....))
I don't know....there were lots of delays this year. I had it all mapped out, how much I needed to write each day, and how much was needed on days I missed to compensate, but then....well, tons of stuff happened.
And it just...yeah....:)

message 21: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) I KNOW!!!

Thank you!!!

Congrats. My original goal was 30k, but I realized that was less of a reachable goal and was sort of freaking me out so I lessened it to 24k. I brought a computer to OKC(where I went for Thanksgiving to visit cousins) and wrote there, because my cousins were in school three out of 10 days.

:) Yup.
That's awesome! Crazy fantastic. :)
I found, like, a list of almost 30 songs, 27, actually, that make me concentrate, all for different moods...so....my book kind of has, like...mood swings, or something. :)
But...it helped....:)

message 23: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) Sweet. I listened to three different playlists I'd created and one song over and over again. They inspired me but not in the way you'd think if you'd heard the song. It's like listening to death metal which inspires you to write a love scene or something. If that makes sense? Lot's of Queen and Lady Gaga.

:) Good, good. :) They are fantastic.
And that...sort of makes sense, yeah. I get where you're coming from. :)

message 25: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) They are...
"SO YOU THINK YOU CAN STOP ME AND SPIT IN MY EY-HI-EYE?!
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN LOVE ME AND LEAVE ME TO DI-HI-IE?"
"Hello, hello, baby you call I can't hear a thing.
I have got no service and the club is say, say."
Not that I've listened to them so much...
And then there's another one...Still listening to it, actually. Heheh, not one of Lady Gaga's more appropriate songs...
Not that drastic, but similarly.

:) Hahaha, Whatever works, you know? :)
And they're both good. ;)
"Oh-oh, baby,
You can't do this to me, baby!"
;)

message 27: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) It's that? Really.
I always thought it was "Can't you list'n to me, baby?" Either one works, I guess.

haha, maybe...I dunno, you may be right. :)

message 29: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) It just seems to sound right, to me. I dunno.