The Next Best Book Club discussion

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
This topic is about The Hunger Games
Book Related Banter > Hunger Games Movie

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rayna (last edited Nov 14, 2011 06:14PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rayna  (Poindextrix) (poindextrix) | 73 comments Has anyone else seen the trailer for the Hunger Games movie?

It actually looks pretty good, so I'm getting excited. Thoughts?

Katrina (katmcv) | 6 comments I think it looks amazing, I'm pretty excited. It looks fairly accurate to the book from what I can see, and I really love that Jennifer Lawrence has been cast as Katniss since she was up for a Best Actress Oscar last year.

Rayna  (Poindextrix) (poindextrix) | 73 comments Yeah, it has the potential to be so good.

Jeff Horton I haven't read The Hunger Games but my teenage daughter is interested in it. For those who may have read The Hunger Games, What kind of rating would you give it? It sounds like a PG or PG-13 from what I have picked up in some posts.

Rayna  (Poindextrix) (poindextrix) | 73 comments Yes, PG or PG-13 sounds about right. There are violent parts of the book (as is to be expected given the plot), and some parts of it could be uncomfortable for some people. My suggestion would be to read the book so you can see how you truly feel about it. It's also a very good series and I enjoyed reading all the books.

Jeff Horton That's great to hear Rayna, and great advice. Sounds like something I would be interested in reading anyway. I appreciate the feedback!

message 7: by Betsy (last edited Nov 16, 2011 12:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Betsy (mistymtladi) | 511 comments I'm currently doing the Hunger Games as a read aloud for my 7th and 8th grade resource students demonstrating vocabulary and the close method.Since its' been a 3-4 page a day activity for quite awhile,I'm pleased that I still have the interest of the kids. To summarize I use the trailers as I find them. The trailer on November 14th were awesome. The one showing the death of Rue was a bit gory,and I'm surprized that there were no parental complaints for the unpreviewed showing of that clip... Yep. I'm sure the movie will get a PG-13 for violence. Still the book is in its' essence an anti-war book,and the violence is excuseable.
Glad to say my "STAR" test results are going up for the majority of kids too
I've lent out my extra copies of The Hunger Games to my unlabeled and better readers.
Honestly think Mirmax ought to re-imburse me for ticket sales :DThe Hunger Games

message 8: by Libbie Hawker (new)

Libbie Hawker (L.M. Ironside) (lmironside) | 15 comments I just saw the trailer for the first time yesterday. I think it looks great! The actress who plays Katniss looks just the way I pictured the character in my head. :)

Paula | 1098 comments I saw the previews last weekend but haven't read the book yet. I have it downloaded on my Kindle and want to read it before seeing the movie. The previews look very good.

Rayna  (Poindextrix) (poindextrix) | 73 comments Yeah, the movie looks so promising.

Paula- I would definitely suggest reading it before seeing the movie (just in case), but it's also a pretty quick read, especially since the story sucks you in so much!