Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

The Splendor of Silence
This topic is about The Splendor of Silence
Buddy Read Archive > Buddy Read: The Splendor of Silence (start 1/3/12)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (last edited Nov 14, 2011 06:01PM) (new) - added it

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
I know most of us are probably busy with the holidays, but I'd really like to read this one. I was thinking that after the New Year begins, it'd be a good time to start. Of course the date is always flexible.

GR Synopsis:

"When Sam Hawthorne, a twenty-five-year-old U.S. Army captain, arrives at the princely state of Rudrakot in May of 1942, it is on a personal quest to find his missing brother. But Sam's mission is soon threatened by the unlikeliest of sources -- he falls hopelessly in love with Mila, daughter of the local political agent. And Mila, unexpectedly attracted to Sam, finds herself torn between loyalty to her family and the man she loves. P A sweeping and poignant story of forbidden love, IThe Splendor of Silence/i opens twenty-one years later with Olivia, Sam's daughter, receiving a trunk of treasures from India, along with an anonymous letter that finally fills the silences of her childhood. She finally learns the heartrending story of her parents' passionate and enduring love affair -- throwing them in the path of racial prejudice, nationalist intrigue, and the explosive circumstances of a country on the brink of independence from British rule."

Pygmy D'oh, I already read it! :P I hope you like it as much as I did!

message 3: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - added it

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
I have yet to buy any books this month, but this one is definitely on my list. I'm looking forward to it.