Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Buddy Reads > Dark Avenger by Alex Ryder

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
This book is for discussion of the Dark Avenger by Alex Ryder.

Sari.d brought this lovely book to our attention in the help finding books thread. The premise sounded so over-the-top and so ridiculous that I just have to read. Come and join the fun!

Am off to amazon to purchase my copy, will be back with input once I read. I'm looking forward to many good laughs : ).

message 2: by 3meg (new)

3meg | 361 comments I'm with you Lululemon...i just downloaded and am reading it tonight. I am laughing just thinking about it. Also, I found an audio version on youtube if anyone wants a really good laugh!

message 3: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Audio version??? Ai, ai, ai . . . *cringe*.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 2280 comments Mod
I bought it, but I am not sure when I will get to it. I will pop in when I can.

message 5: by 3meg (new)

3meg | 361 comments yeah, it was pretty funny...i think somone just read it and posted it.

message 6: by Jacqueline J (new)

Jacqueline J | 260 comments Okay I'm reading it now. 23% done and I gotta say I just want her to pick up the nearest heavy object and hit him over the head when he's not looking. Still he does have the most effective blackmail threat I've ever read in a HP.

message 7: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 244 comments Actually, the YouTube version is really very well narrated. LOL!

message 8: by Sari.d (last edited Nov 14, 2011 09:31PM) (new)

Sari.d | 5 comments Oh my goodness! I died laughing when I listened on Youtube. Check it out...

Dark Avenger 3 - The Titillating Conclusion by sarabynoe

Listen at 1:47... The reader loses it. So funny!

message 9: by 3meg (new)

3meg | 361 comments ok, finished...not too bad. laughed out loud when he gave her his blackmail lines.

message 10: by Jacqueline J (new)

Jacqueline J | 260 comments Finished up last night. I'm giving him the No. 1 Asshat of all time award. Not only was he going to knock up a woman innocent of all wrong doing but then he planned to go off and leave her to raise his baby without any help. It's really no wonder she fell in love with him. ;-) He didn't do nearly enough repenting and groveling at the end.

And then his line about not wanting any reward for saving her from rape but that he only did what any decent man would do. That was a WTF moment for me. 'Cuz wasn't the whole book an illustration of just how indecent he was?

Still best blackmail threat EVER. If you don't get on your hands and knees and beg me to f*** you and knock you up, I will make sure to beat your 19 year old brother severely enough that he will never father another child if he even manages to walk away.

What a prince. Sigh...

message 11: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 244 comments Jacqueline wrote: "What a prince. Sigh..."

LOL!

message 12: by 3meg (new)

3meg | 361 comments This H is the worst...threatens her then acts like they are dating. Whatever! and there was no grovelling at the end. seriously, how does a man go from, "I am going to have sex with you until you are preggo" to "I love you" without any grovelling, this is wrong on so many levels...and for all that not a bad book? I feel so violated and confused

message 13: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
*LOL*. That bad Megan? I was expecting funny of the outrageous sort, but it seems like this is going to be one of those wallbangers without the humor redemption value. Is this something that's going to make me mad, you think?

message 14: by Jacqueline J (new)

Jacqueline J | 260 comments I had to tough it out past the early blackmail scenes. I kept huffing and my husband kept doing the "what?" thing and I kept telling him he really didn't want me to go into the whole story. Finally he's like "why are you reading it then?"

message 15: by 3meg (new)

3meg | 361 comments I thought it was so outrageous that it was funny. I really did keep laughing during all these supposedly serious moments...it was funny in that sense. It didn't make me mad as I knew what I was getting into before I started given the comments prompt me to read it in the first place.

message 16: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Ugh, I think I'm going to have to be in the right mood for this one. Better get the chocolate ready if I'm going to get mad with this one.