Of Bees and Mist Of Bees and Mist discussion

New Authors

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shannon I recently read a book called "Of Bees and Mist" by Eric Setiawan. It was a wonderful love story and domestic drama set in a magical town. This was Setiawan's first novel and a great one. I realized that many of my favorite books have been that author's first. What books have you read recently that were from first time authors? Did you like them? Do you look forward to more of their work?

Danielle I just finished this book as well! I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I bought it for the cover, haha, and that doesn't always work out:) Two of my favorite first books written by authors has been Beneath a Marble Sky by John Shors "Beneath a Marble Sky" which is set in India during the building of Taj Mahal (a place I will be visiting soon, i hope) and The Only Good Thing Anyone Has Ever Done A Novel by Sandra Newman "The Only Good Thing Anyone has Ever Done". I am sure there are others but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Sarah I bought this book at Ollie's Bargain Outlet because I also was attracted to the cover (sometimes you can definitely judge a book by it's cover!). I really enjoyed the story. A great read!