Islam discussion

Please help

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sema (new)

Sema (semaunan) salaam everybody
I have this question; i hope it is not inappropriate; but i really need a good and right anwer.

i say surahs and dua's before going to bed every night; it makes me sleep better and feel safer.

Now, i'm a girl; and in 'that time of the month', i know you can't touch the Holy Quran or do the 5x a day prayins. But is it also true that you are not allowed to say the surahs and duas (like NAS sura and Fatiha)?
'Cause it seems weird that you are not allowed to says those prayers on the time that you are on your most vulnerable (during 'that time of the month').

Is this really the case? if it is, are there alternative things a woman can do during that period to feel and sleep safe/good?

Thanks, and sorry if my English is bad, it is not my native language. xx

message 2: by Khairul Hezry (last edited Nov 15, 2011 03:40PM) (new)

Khairul Hezry I love Google: Menses, Period and Women Issues in Islam

Scroll down that article until you reach the topic, "About Nifas (After birth discharge) and Haiz (Menses). Basically, Islam permits a menstruating woman to recite the Quran and make supplication (du'a) but she cannot touch the Quran nor perform any prayers. A menstruating woman is also recommended to perform wudhu' (ablution) as usual even though wudhu is not required since she is menstruating. This is so the woman will get used to be in constant state of wudhu at all times, menstruating or not.

The article has more. Hope it helps.

message 3: by Sema (new)

Sema (semaunan) thanks! it helped a lot!

message 4: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (littlemary) | 11 comments I was kinda confused about this thing too, it's great you guys know alot!

message 5: by Yuman (new)

Yuman (yumnaep) oh, yes, it's allwed to make dua and and recite Quran, but you arent supposed to pray or touch the Quran.
plus, you've got to say your 'Bismillah-hirRahmanir-Rahim' before you eat, right?

message 6: by Fauza (new)

Fauza (timewrapper) | 1 comments How do you recite the Quran without touching it? you meant, using the digital Quran or what? Cause, my teacher said although women are not allowed to pray during her period, she is still allowed to make dua and recite Quran, in this case also touching it.

message 7: by Shahrukh (new)

Shahrukh | 33 comments Assalaam u alaylum

Reciting the Quran means reciting the Quran/all its surah when ur reciting a surah ur reciting quran ,u can recite the ones u've learned.
So ahem ahem u can recite the ones u know and hence ur not touching it at the same time.

message 8: by Shyra (new)

Shyra (shyrawayland) Za wrote: "How do you recite the Quran without touching it? you meant, using the digital Quran or what? Cause, my teacher said although women are not allowed to pray during her period, she is still allowed to..."

Sorry, but what do you mean by that? You can read the Qur'aan without touching it when you know it memerized. Like said in the aritical, you can read but you have to break it up. Like if the verse has eight words in it, you break it up by reading 3 words at a time. Though the Ulooma say it's best not to recite the Holy Qur'aan when you are on your haiz, some people come in need, for eg. If you teach Maktub (Qur'aan class) then you have no choice. If you can't pray or touch the qur'aan you can use a pencil to point at the words because touching the Qur'aan while on haiz is totally Haraam. Unless you forget your on it and then touch it, that's forgivable. But like before, when your on it, you wouldn't take it out and try reading. It's okay if your doing your daily night thing or your in class, otherwise, it's not good.

message 9: by Shahrukh (new)

Shahrukh | 33 comments verily the need is less but still if thats the problem then i think its an option wide open