The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

hunger games trailer

Comments Showing 1-50 of 253 (253 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

rosebee AMAZINGNESS:) Well it was sort of funky....with the whole "I volunteer" thing...BUT I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE:)

GiGi I liked it, not sure I should say love. I don't know if it's just me or if other people feel the same way about the characters not looking at all like in the book. There are also small things that bothered me like the backpack not being orange and effie's hair not being pink. Also, Katniss, Gale, and Peeta don't look like they are supposed to.

I am excited about seeing the movie, though

Douglas Looks pretty cool especially the scenery, cant wait.

Colby Seems like the movie will be a great depiction of the book. The trailer looked pretty incredible if you ask me.

Jackie I think it looks great! I'm excited!

Shay GiGi wrote: "I liked it, not sure I should say love. I don't know if it's just me or if other people feel the same way about the characters not looking at all like in the book. There are also small things that ..."

I feel the same way and it bothers me. However, there's nothing I can really do about it (well, I can just not support the movie, but I want to see it anyway). I do wish that peoples stay true to the book/characters which includes getting the looks right and other descriptions right. That's just me :)

Hannah The scenery is not AT ALL how I imagined it, but they were using the futuristic theme so I know why they made it the way it was, but I'm SOO pumped

Berta Ojeda I thought that the trailer looked amazing! It seems really close to what happened in the book (well, for what trailers show anyway). I cannot wait until this movie comes out. I am stoked! I love this series so much.

Lauren :) I think the trailer is great and although not everything about it is the exact same as in the book it's got me really excited to see the movie!!!!!!!!

message 10: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Can't wait until it comes out!

Patrick I think it looks fantastic!!! So much better than that teaser trailer!!! And as far as the characters go, no matter who they picked, everyone would still think they weren't right. I'd rather have good actors that can act the part than actors that look like they're described and can't act the part. But thats just me!!! :)

Lauren It looks incredible. It has so much potential and I can't wait to see it!

Jackie Patrick wrote: "I think it looks fantastic!!! So much better than that teaser trailer!!! And as far as the characters go, no matter who they picked, everyone would still think they weren't right. I'd rather have..."

Good point Patrick!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

when they gathered for the tribute announce I thought a little of orwell's dystopia.after I saw the teaser I was afraid the film would be twilight-like.but this trailer increased my expectations.I cannot wait for the movie!!!!

MAY I think the trailer was awesome. Fantastic Effie looked just how I imagined! I cant wait!

message 16: by GiGi (new) - rated it 5 stars

GiGi I can't wait for the movie either.

Hopefully I will be able to get over the details that bother me once I see the movie

message 17: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy It looks incredible. I can't wait for the movie. I hope that the arena looks cool. I can't wait!

MAY Katy wrote: "It looks incredible. I can't wait for the movie. I hope that the arena looks cool. I can't wait!"
Yes the arena. I'm dying to see how the arena will turn out to be!

message 19: by GiGi (new) - rated it 5 stars

GiGi Anyone notice that Peeta looks younger than Katniss and they are supposed to be the same age?

Leena I have never been more excited for a film to come out than the hunger games movie!!!! i can't wait! the trailer was perfect and just intrigued me more!! it's going to be incredible!! (as you can tell i'm pretty excited ;))

MAY Oh God! It's to long a wait! UGHH!!! I NEED to see it now! EPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Peeta ! Josh looks awesome as Peeta! Jennifer looked GREAT as Katniss! Rue looks so adorable!

message 22: by GiGi (new) - rated it 5 stars

GiGi I hate it when they premier the movie trailers around five months before the actual movie plays in theaters.

The waiting is torture! Torture I say!

Noelle Can't wait for the movie. The trailor literally made my day. March needs to hurry up and come cus I don't think I can wait any longer :(

Cabin16 - Nemesis Patrick wrote: "I think it looks fantastic!!! So much better than that teaser trailer!!! And as far as the characters go, no matter who they picked, everyone would still think they weren't right. I'd rather have..."

I absolutely agree with you about the whole actor thing.

A little info for those people who had problems with the trailer, a book and a movie will NEVER be the same!!!! It's been proven time after time again. The filmmakers have to make the their movie unqiue and they can do all they want with it once the author signs the rights to them. So, deal with those problems.

Anyway, I believe this will be a great movie even if some things don't go by the book. What I DO hope for is that they kept most of major events and that it ends simliar to the book. Yet again I can only hope.

Sonia OMG! I'm soooooo excited! I loved the trailer. :D

Mackenzie Teresa wrote: "Patrick wrote: "I think it looks fantastic!!! So much better than that teaser trailer!!! And as far as the characters go, no matter who they picked, everyone would still think they weren't right. ..."

I totally agree! thats how it always is! but so long as they stay true to the book with the main parts and the acting is good, i'll be happy. I'm super psyched to see it!!

Katie Aside from my qualms about who's playing the characters, I think it looks good. Katniss volunteering as tribute fit pretty well into what I had imagined, maybe slightly less passionate but hey. What bothers me is the fence, it looks pretty small and unimposing.

But with that being said I'm excited to see the film, and I'm going to try go in with an open mind, and not do too much comparing ;D

Hannah It is Fantastic

Rebecca Johns Looks great, can't wait to see it! Thanks for sharing the trailer Althea :)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

It has a different atmosphere than I thought it would, it just seems so different from what I imagined while I was reading. Still, I did freak out like a fan girl. I just couldn't resist.

message 31: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim The trailer put me back into the story. It brought tears to my eyes. I thought it was just super.

Jianne I just saw the trailer, it sent shivers down my spine. Hands down, its amazing and I remember the first time I read the book it was unforgettable. I'm so excited!

Alexandra Ozerski Well the trailer didn't spoil much, which gives me hope that the movie could be even better then I'll expect it to be

message 34: by Jazz (last edited Nov 15, 2011 01:21AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jazz Patrick wrote: "I think it looks fantastic!!! So much better than that teaser trailer!!! And as far as the characters go, no matter who they picked, everyone would still think they weren't right. I'd rather have..."

I completely agree. I can understand people's qualms about Katniss and Gale, (Especially Gale; I think Josh is the perfect Peeta) but I can look past that, especially since it looks as if these are quality actors turning out quality acting jobs .

As for the trailer, It's looks great to me. The Reaping scene looks like it's going to be amazing and I love that they didn't spoil the movie. That's how a trailer's supposed to be.

message 35: by Cece (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cece ITS AMAZING!!!! You know how movies based on books are usually bad? I'm sure this one isn't going to disappoint!!

Atlantic Gem Skye wrote: "ITS AMAZING!!!! You know how movies based on books are usually bad? I'm sure this one isn't going to disappoint!!"

I wouldn't be too sure. 99 times out of 100 it usually is (Except for HP, those absolutely rocked). The movie I think is set for March 23, 2012. Sad you have to wait that long.

Marissa The moment the trailer ended, I was so devastated :(

I CAN'T WAITTT!!!! Now i'm stuck repeating the trailer !

Sally Looking forward to the movie coming out, so hope it isn't a disappointment and doens't do the book justice. The trailer shows promise ;o)

Marissa I'm going to get the best seats in the theatre, make sure I got lots of money for food and I have to at least scream once in the theatre. Because if i were to watch the movie now, every cell of myself would beg me to scream in happiness

Vanessa i LOVE it! now i can't really wait for the movie! i love when Katniss said 'i volunteer'! such emotion! i watched the trailer like 10 times already, maybe some more later :)

Marissa yeah, :(

Vanessa aww yes that part! :( shocks..

Isabella Marissa wrote: "The moment the trailer ended, I was so devastated :(

I CAN'T WAITTT!!!! Now i'm stuck repeating the trailer !"

OMG - that is devastating.....

Konstantinos loved the trailer!!!!

message 45: by Madelene (new) - added it

Madelene i hate it so much because now i can't wait any more why is the trailer so freaking amazing

Isabella Marissa wrote: "The moment the trailer ended, I was so devastated :(

I CAN'T WAITTT!!!! Now i'm stuck repeating the trailer !"

omg - marissa - ur from england - so am i...that's david tennant - i didn't notice that at first

Marissa I am not from england, I assure you! But I can very fine do a british accent :). And that is the reason why I can't shut up when i'm at home.

Isabella Marissa wrote: "I am not from england, I assure you! But I can very fine do a british accent :). And that is the reason why I can't shut up when i'm at home."

ohhhhh *sad*

yahhooo i can't shut up either - u know who David Tennant is?....do u even know what show that is from i do - i saw it a 3 ep series...awesome

Isabella it is called single father...

In October 2010 he starred as Dave, a man struggling to raise five children after the death of his partner, in the British drama Single Father. For this role he was nominated as Best Actor at the Royal Television Society Programme Awards 2010.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6