Amazon Kindle & Fire discussion

Playing with Fire > Kindle Fire Is Shipping Today!

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 293 comments Mod
My Fire says shipped, and apparently they are shipping early all over the country! One more day to go!

And a reminder to everyone to visit our new Fire Apps website, which will give you lots of useful tips and a feed of plenty of free apps: http://fireapps.blogspot.com/

You can also find us on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/kindlefireapps

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Got my email that mine shipped too! Est. delivery date isn't until next Monday though. I'm out of town until Sunday, so I guess that's alright.

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debmj) | 13 comments I also received an email earlier today showing my Kindle Fire shipped today with an arrival date of 11/15. Can't wait!!
Jennifer thanks again for all the great work you are doing on the blog!!

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Debbie wrote: "I also received an email earlier today showing my Kindle Fire shipped today with an arrival date of 11/15. Can't wait!!
Jennifer thanks again for all the great work you are doing on the blog!!"

Many thanks for that. If there's anything you can do to let people know, like if you're on facebook or other sites, I'd really appreciate it.

I hope we're all happy campers tomorrow!

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 6 comments I got notice that mine shipped today and expected delivery is Thursday! I will be stalking the UPS guy on Thursday.

message 6: by The Pirate Ghost (last edited Nov 14, 2011 03:38PM) (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) I have been notified. Mine should be here tomorrow! (though more likely Thursday. It seems they have a problem getting out here in a timely manner.)

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole I was notified that my Fire was out for delivery and then the next notice is that it's now delayed because it was sent to the wrong facility. Hopefully, it gets straightened out and still arrives today!

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) Mine is out for delivery... so far so good, no notice that it was sent back and the place it was "out" from is the right place for delivery here. I should get it by this afternoon/evening. (I hope).

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) Then while it charges, I'll be reading the instructions.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Any minute now...wait for it...wait for it...Come to my home!!!

message 11: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 77 comments "on truck for delivery today"

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 6 comments My tracking states that it arrived in Orlando this morning. I am in Clearwater so how in the world do they have it set for delivery in two days when Orlando is 90 minutes from here? Are they trying to torture me? Can I drive over there this morning? I don't want to be accused os stalking the delivery guy like stormhawk but really two days to go 75 miles?

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

I've heard people are already getting it. Ahh!

message 14: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 77 comments Okay, so it's on the truck. And the truck is somewhere.

I keep imagining hearing boxy-thumpy noises at my door.

I don't know if it's going to deliver like an overnight package (early in the day) or if it's going to be on the regular truck (which may come after I have to leave the house for a disaster drill).

I would be pacing, but I'm watching TV so I'm trying to just relax.

And I keep refreshing the delivery status page.

Is that wrong?

message 15: by Trinity (new)

Trinity (snappingturtle) No, not wrong at all. Mine is "out for delivery" too. Wants it now, now, now!

message 16: by Beth (new)

Beth Mathison | 15 comments My Fire is out for delivery too, scheduled for tomorrow. I'm so excited I've been researching apps instead of working. Well, OK, I've been working too, but thinking of apps WHILE I'm working :-)

message 17: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 77 comments It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here!

I heard a diesel engine and looked out my patio door to see the UPS truck leaving ... I ran down to the mailroom, and there it was!!

It's getting it's first charge now!

WHEEEEEEEEE!

message 18: by The Pirate Ghost (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) stormhawk wrote: "It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here!

I heard a diesel en..."

uh... quote ... what Stormhawk said. der.. ah... unquote.

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

stormhawk wrote: "It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here!

I heard a diesel en..."

YAY!!!!!!!

message 20: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 77 comments I am posting from it now. Easy to use, very intuitive!

message 21: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Meyer | 8 comments Finally, my Fire is shipping.
I cannot wait. It's driving me insane! :)

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

stormhawk wrote: "I am posting from it now. Easy to use, very intuitive!"

Nice move! I'm bouncing back and forth between PC and Fire. I should lock myself in an empty room with it.

message 23: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 6 comments I have to stop going to the track your package.... Amazon says est delivery on the 17th but the Fedex site says the 18th, For cryin' out loud, Orlando is 75 miles away. 2-3 days?? Are we back to using the pony express?

I am so jealous of you guy who have it already.

message 24: by The Pirate Ghost (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) I thought it was the Barefoot Postmen?

message 25: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Asbury | 2 comments Mine is waiting for me when I get home!

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Melissa wrote: "I have to stop going to the track your package.... Amazon says est delivery on the 17th but the Fedex site says the 18th, For cryin' out loud, Orlando is 75 miles away. 2-3 days?? Are we back to us..."

I bet you'll get a pleasant surprise tomorrow.

Very nice, Tim!

message 27: by Pam G (new)

Pam G (pgarey) Mine shipped today but won't deliver until Tuesday - CRAP! I shoulda paid for next day delivery!! I'm so stoopid! haha

message 28: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Meyer | 8 comments Pam G wrote: "Mine shipped today but won't deliver until Tuesday - CRAP! I shoulda paid for next day delivery!! I'm so stoopid! haha"

It's taking a week to ship!? That's annoying!
I want my Fire so badly haha.

message 29: by Jennifer (new)

Pam G wrote: "Mine shipped today but won't deliver until Tuesday - CRAP! I shoulda paid for next day delivery!! I'm so stoopid! haha"

Oh, because of the weekend, maybe? Yeah, getting a free month of Prime just for one 2 day delivery might've been worth it.