Mid-Continent Public Library discussion

Archived > November Reads

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz | 30 comments I really was not sure where to put this book When Elves Attack: A Joyous Christmas Greeting from the Criminal Nutbars of the Sunshine Stateby Tim Dorsey. Serge leads an attack on Christmas one of his favorite holidays and finally bonds with Martha Davenport. The Serge Storms series is a fun romp through the state of Florida and it does not seem to bother me that Serge is a serial killer, though one with a heart.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 46 comments Mod
Liz wrote: "I really was not sure where to put this book When Elves Attack: A Joyous Christmas Greeting from the Criminal Nutbars of the Sunshine Stateby Tim Dorsey. Serge leads..."

If you aren't sure this is a good category. May change it to just say Fiction.

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz | 30 comments It is not the category, it was the book. I always think of literary fiction as highbrow. Dorsey is not highbrow.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary Dale | 7 comments Just finished Christmas Wedding by James Patterson and the Litigators by John Grisham. Don't know where either one of these would go, but they were both better than I expected them to be. Both authors have disappointed me the last few books.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 46 comments Mod
Mary wrote: "Just finished Christmas Wedding by James Patterson and the Litigators by John Grisham. Don't know where either one of these would go, but they were both better than I expected them to be. Both au..."

This is probably where The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson would go but The Litigators by John Grisham would go in Adrenaline.

message 6: by Liz (new)

Liz | 30 comments Tonight I am starting Child Wonder: A Novel by Roy Jacobsen, a Norwegian writer. Trying to branch out to other Norwegian authors from Jo Nesbo, whom I absolutely adore.

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary Dale | 7 comments Amy wrote: "Mary wrote: "Just finished Christmas Wedding by James Patterson and the Litigators by John Grisham. Don't know where either one of these would go, but they were both better than I expected them to..."

The Litigators did not fill the requirements for adrenaline at all. Nothing thrilling about it.

message 8: by Liz (new)

Liz | 30 comments Finished Child Wonder: A Novelby Roy Jacobsenlast night. It is the story of nine year old Finn and his changing relationship with his mother. He learns a painful secret of his mother's past, and a half sister he did not know of enters their life for a year. Interestingly the book was translated from Norwegian by Don Bartlett who also translates the Jo Nesbo books. I can't decide if it the Norwegian writers or Don Bartlett who I am so found of, the Jacobson book reads as a Nesbo book.

message 9: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 3 comments I just finished reading Overbite which is a follow-up to Insatiable, by Meg Cabot. Cute and campy...