Mid-Continent Public Library discussion

Archived > Nov. '11 - Fantasy Reads

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (last edited Nov 16, 2011 12:08PM) (new)

Beth (milbe) | 11 comments I am reading . The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2) by Patrick Rothfuss The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. It is great, every bit as good as his first book, The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss

message 2: by Amy (last edited Nov 16, 2011 07:28AM) (new)

Amy | 46 comments Mod
I have started reading Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill by Chloe Neill. Not sure what genre this series falls in right now since I am at the beginning. It could turn into part romance, urban fantasy, mystery, etc...

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 7 comments I am so happy to see someone else reading these. They are by far my favorite books. In fact they are now my all-time favorites! Sadly, I am not reading anything as I am busy typing away trying to get my 50,000 words in for NaNo.

Beth wrote: "I am reading .The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2) by Patrick Rothfuss The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. It is great, every bit as good as his first book, [bookcover:The Name ..."

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 46 comments Mod
I started listening to Hounded by Kevin Hearne. I haven't read any of his books before but I am enjoying listening to it. Kind of along the same lines as Harry Dresden except that he is a 2000 year old druid.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 195 comments Mod
Amy wrote: "I started listening to Hounded by Kevin Hearne. I haven't read any of his books before but I am enjoying listening to it. Kind of along the same lines as Harry Dre..."

I finished listening to this book and have to say I loved it. Atticus is a 2000 year old Druid who along with his dog and other friends from werewolves to vampires take on an ancient Celtic god. The dog Oberon was hilarious.