Share your books & stories here.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Magda (new)

Magda (magdaolchawska) | 48 comments Mod
For everyone who is in this group.

message 2: by Magda (new)

My dear friends this is for you to write about your lovely books & stories.

message 3: by Claude (new)

Claude Forthomme (claudenougat) | 5 comments Yes, do write about your books Magda!

I just told everyone about mine in the introduction...But I have a question for you: I got the feeling after reading your first book that you are really pursuing a "higher idea" - the lofty goal of a greener world! And one has to start teaching children respect for this earth...Am I right? Is that the Big Idea behind your books?

I believe Big Ideas are what makes a writer and his book stand apart from the run of the mill of genre fiction. You need to have a vision of the world and promote it through your fiction. You need to make your readers feel you've "hit it on the nail" - so that there's a moment of recognition, a moment of Truth Unveiled...

Of else, what is the use of fiction?

message 4: by Magda (new)

Claude wrote: "Yes, do write about your books Magda!

I just told everyone about mine in the introduction...But I have a question for you: I got the feeling after reading your first book that you are really pursu..."

I agree with you.Fiction needs to have bigger ideas. Writing just for the sake of writing. I don't buy it.

In each Mikolay & Julia's story I'm trying to teach something to our kids 'cos as you say we do need to start when the children are young.
Last week my son finished his apple juice, which was in a plastic bottle & squeezed the bottle. I was so proud of him.

Tony from “Forget the Past” is about higher ideas isn't he. He is searching 'cos he knows deep down in his heart that life needs to have purpose right?

message 5: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Coelho (sl_coelho) | 6 comments Thank you for reviewing my book The World According to August. The theme of the book plays on our inherent need to be accepted for who we are, to make connections and have friendships. These basic needs are vital to our existance, we need them to not only thrive but to survive. The message in my book is to accept and reach out to those who may not appear to be in the mainstream. It will make all the difference to them and you.

message 6: by Magda (new)

Sandra wrote: "Thank you for reviewing my book The World According to August. The theme of the book plays on our inherent need to be accepted for who we are, to make connections and have friendships. These basic ..."

Any time my dear Sandy. Amazing story & I guess would be very dear to any parent.

Would you like to share links to your book for the rest of us?

message 7: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Coelho (sl_coelho) | 6 comments Magda wrote: "Sandra wrote: "Thank you for reviewing my book The World According to August. The theme of the book plays on our inherent need to be accepted for who we are, to make connections and have friendship..." Thanks Magda, my book can be found everywhere. Here is a link to Amazon Kindle http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0066CAI4Y

message 8: by Magda (new)

Sandra wrote: "Magda wrote: "Sandra wrote: "Thank you for reviewing my book The World According to August. The theme of the book plays on our inherent need to be accepted for who we are, to make connections and h..."

Just google "The World According to August."

message 9: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Coelho (sl_coelho) | 6 comments Magda wrote: "Sandra wrote: "Magda wrote: "Sandra wrote: "Thank you for reviewing my book The World According to August. The theme of the book plays on our inherent need to be accepted for who we are, to make co..." LOL yes do that! :D *hugs*

message 10: by Rich (new)

Rich Weatherly (richweatherly) | 3 comments Magda, you asked for updates from members. Good News Today. My "Poem for an Autistic Child", based on Sandra Westendorf's, World According to August, is the headliner for today's "The Autism Daily" eNews Letter http://paper.li/springingtiger/autism...

Here's a chance for those who haven't read it to do so.

message 11: by Magda (new)

Rich wrote: "Magda, you asked for updates from members. Good News Today. My "Poem for an Autistic Child", based on Sandra Westendorf's, World According to August, is the headliner for today's "The Autism Daily"..."

Fantastic news.Well done Rich :)
For everyone who hasn't read it yet "Poem for an Autistic Child" is beautiful :)