The Riders of Alegaesia discussion

Characters > Character Format

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla, The Numerous Uno (last edited Dec 06, 2012 03:34PM) (new)

Kayla | 105 comments Mod
D R A G O N S

Name: Come up with interesting names... not stuff like "Max" or "Rex."

Bonded or Wild? Does the dragon have a bond or is set for a Rider, or is he/she wild?

Age: This can be anywhere from "has not hatched yet" to about 150. All of these dragons are still considerably young because Eragon and Saphira only defeated Galbatorix 180 years ago. (I don't remember where I got that from, but just go with it, okay? XD)

Size: How big is this dragon? Their sizes and growth rates do depend. You can use picture to compare and contrast.

Appearance: I want a BIG description, y'all. Like, three or four paragraphs. Long paragraphs. There will be no pictures, and I want you to describe EVERYTHING - the color their scales shine in the light, the claws, the eyes, the teeth, the angle of their head, their neck, their legs, their wings, their spikes. (I... suppose... if you REALLY have to... a picture is acceptable though.)

Talents: Is your dragon particularly good at combat? Magic? Agile flying skills? Other?

Personality: Again, three or four LONG paragraphs, ya'll.

Bond: Only if applicable.

Other:

R I D E R S

Name: Again, come up with unusual ones.

Race: Elf, Human, Urgal, or Dwarf. No Shades, boys and girls.

Appearance: Three to four paragraphs. EVERYTHING.

Personality: Three to four paragraphs.

History: At least three parapgraphs, but as long as you can get it. Include everything about early childhood, family, bonding, training (if they've already been through it).

Talents:

Other:

C I V I L I A N S

Name:

Race: Elf, Human, Dwarf, Werecat, or Urgal.

Role: Sentry, Soldier, Nobleman, Lord, Trainer, Magician... etc.

Appearance: Depends on the character. Make it long, and I'll decide whether it needs to be longer still.

Personality: One or two paragraphs.

Other:

E L D U N A R I
(You may choose to make an Eldunari, but it will not be paired with anyone. Another user may choose your Eldunari. These will go under the "Eldunari" Topic, NOT in your character topic.)

Name:

Age: This can be anywhere from very young to thousands upon thousands of years old.

Eldunari Size:

Appearance of Eldunari: A couple of sentences.

Appearance of Former Dragon: Two or three paragraphs

Personality:

Other:

message 2: by Derrick (new)

Derrick | 6 comments Question. Why are we only allowed to choose either Elf of human race when Eragon included Dwarves and Urgals into the possible races to be bonded to a dragon?

message 3: by Diabolical Daemonic , Oh, so they have internet on computers now! (new)

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 24 comments Mod
This was probably made before she had finished the book, thus resulting in the lack of knowledge needed to include those races =)

message 4: by Derrick (new)

Derrick | 6 comments Ok. That makes sense.

message 5: by SpazzyJazzy (last edited Dec 05, 2012 11:30PM) (new)

SpazzyJazzy Yeah, yeah. She mentioned she hadn't read Inheritance yet under "Age." ;)

I just realised my yeah, yeah kinda sounds rude XD Sorry guys. Don't mean it that way. That's not how it comes out in my head. :P

message 6: by Kayla, The Numerous Uno (new)

Kayla | 105 comments Mod
I suppose I can change it, if you'd like. Y'all are welcome to make an Urgal or dwarf character.