Creative Reviews discussion

Read here first > Christmas Lites Information

Comments Showing 1-50 of 108 (108 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Hi everyone!

I am posting this evening to let you all know some information about the anthology.

We are in the final stages! We are still working through the process at Createspace and Smashwords. The book will be available as planned in Ebook on the 26th. The print copy may take longer. It really depends on how fast we can get the proof copy and get it approved. I will keep everyone in the loop about that when i get more info. :) I will post the updates in this thread.

Also, thank you all for your interest in reviewing Christmas Lites and we will be welcoming all reviews but Amy, Jenn and I had decided not to gift free copies of the book for reviews or any kind of promotion. We feel that because this book was put together for the NCADV that anyone who wants to do a review would be happy to pay for the book. An Ebook copy will only run $3.99 and all of that will go to the charity. We feel that if we give copies away then it will be less money for the charity. Its a great deal really - the reader gets a great read AND someone in need gets assistance.

We apologize for any miscommunication or disappointment that this causes.

We WELCOME any and ALL promotion, blog post, tweet or post to FB that anyone is willing to do to get the word out about this book. Even if you just tell your friends about it that would help. You don't even have to buy a copy of the book to help. :)

I have written up a general blog post that contains all the info you could need to do a post about the book. If you would like it I could email it to you with the link to the trailer and the cover pic. I am also setting up some posts with a few bloggers that I know and the book will be featured in Literary Lunes magazine (http://www.literarylunes.webs.com) in the Dec. issue. :) We welcome any opportunity to promote and spread the word and we are very thankful for all the support the group has given us as we get the book together.

If you have any questions or would like the blog post (I know Amy was going to email it out to the list of authors) please feel free to message any of the moderators.

Thank you!

message 2: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) I just want to second this post.
I truly do appreciate EVERYTHING that EVERYONE has done for this book.
It's not about recognition it's about helping out those who are in desperate need and in dire situations.
If anyone would like more info on how to help feel free to contact AMy, Cambria or myself.
Thanks so much you guys are so awesome!

message 3: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Thank you for those you put this together!! :)

message 4: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Ottilie wrote: "Thank you for those you put this together!! :)"

Thank you for the support!

message 5: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments :)

message 6: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Kristufek | 181 comments I was going to see if I could get a book release flyer/poster made to put up here at work and a few other places. If anyone else wants it, I let me know and I can email it to you when I have it finished. Want to have the cover, blurb, author info, and a proceeds blurb on it.

Thoughts?

message 7: by Cambria (last edited Nov 15, 2011 06:08AM) (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments that sounds great Tricia! If you want to do that you have our thanks!!!

message 8: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Tricia wrote: "I was going to see if I could get a book release flyer/poster made to put up here at work and a few other places. If anyone else wants it, I let me know and I can email it to you when I have it fi..."

You're stellar!!!!

message 9: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments When I posted the info the other day about the book I posted that on Book Blogs also

message 10: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Kristufek | 181 comments Update: So I made my graphic designer buddy (the same one that did The Willing cover for Splitter) work on this flyer/poster today, and though it's not done yet, I must say:
IT
LOOKS
AWESOME!

I can't wait to share it will everyone!

message 11: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments aw yay tricia!

message 12: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Woo HOoo! Love all this inititative we are seeing. thanks guys!

message 13: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Kristufek | 181 comments Ok! I have the poster up on my site at the bottom of my Christmas Lites post: http://wp.me/p1DZPc-5e

If anyone wants the file emailed so they can print it out, hang it up, hand it out, etc, let me know and I'll get it to you.

message 14: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Tricia - this look fabulous! This designer is so so talented! That poster looks fab. I do have a question though... who has copyright to the poster? Some printing places - ahem - walmart won't let you have your stuff unless you show a copyright release. Of course you can order the prints online through any printing place and get around that. LOL.

But this is so so great!!! It would be great wall art!

message 15: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Kristufek | 181 comments Um, I did have him put his name on it as the designer, but there's no "copyright" to my knowledge. I guess it's technically Eric, but...I can always beat him into submission. And he knows I'm printing it. Just send some freelance work his way if anyone needs a book cover / poster / etc!

message 16: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Tricia wrote: "Um, I did have him put his name on it as the designer, but there's no "copyright" to my knowledge. I guess it's technically Eric, but...I can always beat him into submission. And he knows I'm prin..."

Lmao!!!! I so love you!

message 17: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Cambria wrote: "Tricia - this look fabulous! This designer is so so talented! That poster looks fab. I do have a question though... who has copyright to the poster? Some printing places - ahem - walmart won't let ..."
Isn't it great!?
Down with WALMART!!!!

message 18: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Tricia- you might want to have him send you a copy release form. The only reason I am saying - I'm not trying to give you a hard time here - BUT yesterday I ordered 5 posters from walmart for same day pickup. They were of MY book covers and YES i have all Copyrights - its the reason Masquerade and Before were custom designed....
they refused to give them to me without the release form. NO ONE told me this when i ordered them online and I even clicked the copyright agreement.
I got into an argument with the manager.
So i had to go home get a copyright paper printed out and drive back. The new girl at the counter didn't even ASK for the paper.....
YES FLAMES shot out of my head. SERIOUS flames.
Anyway, I would hate for that to happen to you.
It was probably a fluke but my designer said she had problems with them before getting quick prints of HER OWN work there.
I dont get it though, I can order that stuff online and have it shipped to my house and no one says a word.... whatever.
Just thought i would tell you that copyrights are a nasty beast in this business and you might want to be prepared. LOL...

message 19: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Kristufek | 181 comments I'm personally cheating and printing them at work. If anyone else is taking them to get printed, I'll make Eric sign something tomorrow.

message 20: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments fabulous!!lol.

message 21: by Brett (new)

Brett Talley | 69 comments I do love me some Walmart.

message 22: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Hmph

message 23: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments And that's how Cambria fell out of love with Walmart. We knew it couldn't last forever.

Splitter

message 24: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments here's a little secret..... I've always liked target better but walmarts prices are better. :( But I will say this no more business to walmarts photo department. ever.

message 25: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Brett wrote: "I do love me some Walmart."

You just love being a thorn

message 26: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Cambria wrote: "here's a little secret..... I've always liked target better but walmarts prices are better. :( But I will say this no more business to walmarts photo department. ever."

Tarshay is auhmazing

message 27: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Kristufek | 181 comments Ok, I have an 'updated' version of the file, Jpeg format. If anyone wants it send me a message here or email (tricia.kristufek (at) gmail.com)

message 28: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Tricia wrote: "Ok, I have an 'updated' version of the file, Jpeg format. If anyone wants it send me a message here or email (tricia.kristufek (at) gmail.com)"

This girl worked her butt off on this!
Everyone should have it!
It's gorgeous!
Thank Chris2fek!

message 29: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Woo Hooo!

message 30: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Kristufek | 181 comments Thank Chris2fek!

This made me LOL

message 31: by Richard (new)

Richard Phelan (richardphelan) | 39 comments Tricia,

That poster looks awesome! You and Eric did a fantastic job.

Rich

message 32: by Richard (new)

Richard Phelan (richardphelan) | 39 comments Cambria/Jenn,

Do you know when the book will be available in print?

If buying the print version nets more money to the NCADV then I will push people that I know to buy the print copy. I think I'll want a print copy for my shelf (not a typo, although it sounds like one) so I plan on buying the ebook version and then the print version if/when it's available.

If I didn't mention this before or even if I did - I think it's amazing what everyone involved has done for 'Christmas Lites' to pull this thing off impossibly fast for such a great cause. Congratulations!

That in itself would make for a great story!

Rich

message 33: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Rich wrote: "Cambria/Jenn,

Do you know when the book will be available in print?

If buying the print version nets more money to the NCADV then I will push people that I know to buy the print copy. I thi..."

Thank you SOOOOOOOO much for your support in this cause!
It means alot.
Right now we are working with Smashwords and Createspace on getting it printed and we will let you all know the SECOND it is available for print!

message 34: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidirainydayramblings) | 59 comments Jenn please message me. I am going to buy and review a copy on my blog.

message 35: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 726 comments I soo keep seeing this and reading about this I am finally paying attention and am interested in checking it out for sure! If its Christmas related I am all for it! Wooo!

message 36: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Justin wrote: "I soo keep seeing this and reading about this I am finally paying attention and am interested in checking it out for sure! If its Christmas related I am all for it! Wooo!"

THANKS SO MUCH!

message 37: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments It's gonna be great, Justin - we can't wait either!
JAC

message 38: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Kristufek | 181 comments It's one week away! Hurray!

I have folks asking if it will be available at B&N and when the print version will be out. Can we get a status update (if you have time to break away from formatting)?

message 39: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments I can give a partial update.

The book WILL be available on Barnes and Noble and iBooks and Amazon and several other internet retailers in eBook form SHORTLY.

We are waiting for Smashwords to "approve" the book for its affiliates program that distributes the book to those other outlets. Unless there is an unforeseen hiccup, Christmas Lites will be available at those other outlets on release day.

No matter what, it WILL be available in eBook form at Smaashwords on release day. That is guaranteed.

Someone else can address the print version, but I think all we are waiting for is the proof.

That this thing came together in such short order, and so well, is simply amazing and a tribute to the people who put in so much work behind the scenes. We love you guys...our little elves lol.

Splitter

message 40: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidirainydayramblings) | 59 comments C.S. Splitter wrote: "I can give a partial update.

The book WILL be available on Barnes and Noble and iBooks and Amazon and several other internet retailers in eBook form SHORTLY.

We are waiting for Smashwords to "app..."

Oh congratulations to you guys! Can't wait to read it.

message 41: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) C.S. Splitter wrote: "I can give a partial update.

We are waiting for Smashwords to "app..."

To go to print, we need smashwords to approve it so that they can give us an isbn.
Once again, after smashwords hooks us up, it will be sent to createspace for print versions. Of which, I will be buying several!!!!

message 42: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Kristufek | 181 comments Of which, I will be buying several!!!!

Me too! I can't wait! (as you can probably tell by my repeated questions about the release)

Go give Smashwords hell, tell them I sent you and I want my money back...er, ISBN.

message 43: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Tricia wrote: "Of which, I will be buying several!!!!

Me too! I can't wait! (as you can probably tell by my repeated questions about the release)

Go give Smashwords hell, tell them I sent you and I want my mon..."

Girl, there's a couple of things I'd like to say to smashwords but none of it can be typed on here

message 44: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Kristufek | 181 comments Hm. I take it it's not cooperating and playing nicely. You know where to find me if you need to vent!

message 45: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Jenn, is it waiting on the ISBN?
Will mail you.

message 46: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) J.A. wrote: "Jenn, is it waiting on the ISBN?
Will mail you."

It's not just isbn though that is big. We need approval for smashwords premium catalogue to post it on all major sites.

message 47: by Vered (last edited Nov 19, 2011 12:19AM) (new)

Vered (vered_ehsani) Regarding the question about which gives more money to the NCADV - it depends on the price and the specs of the paper version. As a % of the retail price, Kindle gives back a lot more than Createspace, so to get a similar return, you'd have to price the paper version a lot higher. For example, a paper version via Createspace costs the reader $9.99 and can net the author $2 (or more or less, depending on the print specs), while the Kindle version at $3.99 also nets $2.

message 48: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Thanks for the info Vered!!!!
And to all that have been asking, we were finally Approved by Smashwords YAY!!!!!

message 49: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Kristufek | 181 comments And to all that have been asking, we were finally Approved by Smashwords YAY!!!!

Hurray!

message 50: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Thanks for everyones support and Jenn and Spliiter's updates!!! This book has been a challenge but it is coming together!! Woot woot

« previous 1 3