Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

Seriously?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

You shouldn't really say anything about the Harry Potter series if you haven't read them. You should at least give them a chance! Honestly they were probably the most addictive, mind blowing, sincere, brilliant series of books I've read.
By the way- if you're only on the first or second book and you're already saying this is boring, well, you obviously have no taste in books.

This discussion shouldn't even exist!

Will IV Chloe wrote: "This discussion shouldn't even exist!"

Then you shouldn't have made it.

Kayla Why do I have a feeling this is going to turn into a troll thread?

Lauraleigh whats a troll thread?

Will IV It's a place where all the interesting internet travelers dwell.

Will IV Chloe wrote: "By the way- if you're only on the first or second book and you're already saying this is boring, well, you obviously have no taste in books."

One of the dumbest things a person could say, and yet time after time it's said in these Harry Potter threads.

message 7: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Chloe, Im confused. Did you make this topic?

Robert Lent I liked the books. Best ever? No, but I liked them. But just because someone didn't like them doesn't mean they have no taste.

message 9: by Bri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bri Spiekerman Chloe wrote: "By the way- if you're only on the first or second book and you're already saying this is boring, well, you obviously have no taste in books. "
I'm not sure if I can really agree with you there. The judgment of how "boring" a book is is highly subjective. Different peoples' minds are wired for different styles of writing.

message 10: by Kayla (last edited Nov 23, 2011 02:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kayla Will wrote: "Chloe wrote: "By the way- if you're only on the first or second book and you're already saying this is boring, well, you obviously have no taste in books."

One of the dumbest things a person could..."

I agree with you Will. No one should say someone has a horrible taste in books just because they don't like the same books as you do. Everyone likes different things. Chloe, you might not necessarily like the same books I like. Does that mean you have a horrible taste in books? No, it just means we like different things.

Nikki I just now am reading HP and had no desire too till my daughter wanted to read them. Book 1 did not blow me away, but I am almost done with book 3 and really enjoy the series so far. Is it my fave or do I LOVE it? Meh not really but I highly like it. Everyone's taste is so different so why argue a moot point?

Ciara Yeah, everyone has a different opinion on Harry Potter. It's only fair for them to argue their point. But if we look at what Chloe said in the first line:
"You shouldn't really say anything about the Harry Potter series if you haven't read them. You should at least give them a chance!"

I agree with that much, at least. If people say they hate the Harry Potter books based on what they see in the films...that's not really an opinion, they're two different things.
But yes, of course people are entitled to their opinion, and even if they haven't read the books, they are free to assume they will dislike it. :)