Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2012 Challenge Archive > Love is ... - 120 day challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 202 (202 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (last edited Nov 15, 2011 02:31PM) (new)

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments What is love? People have been asking that for thousands of years with thousands of different answers. Corinthians 13:4 says, "Love is patient, love is kind." A popular movie once told us, "Love means never having to say you're sorry." Robert Frost said, "Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."

Do any of these fit our own definitions perfectly? Probably not.

As romance readers, we get to see more facets of love than most. Since we get to see so many sides of what love is, we are probably better qualified than most to define the phases and faces of love. This challenge is to do just that.

Number of Books: 12
Duration: 120 days

EDIT: I know I didn't put a time frame in place, but I think everyone should be wrapped up by June 1st which means if you are in, must start by Feb 1 (if you want the full 120 days)**

Pick any 12 categories but no duplication allowed. At least one book must be from the early stages, one from the middle stages, and ,yes all things end, so one from the end too. Choices from Other Loves are optional but may be used to fill the quota. 12 books in 120 days should be easy for most of you. I'm not declaring that they have to be read in order or anything. If you want a REAL challenge though, do all 25 categories.

It should be noted that so many of the categories are contingent upon things that happen in the book. So you are going to have to rely on the suggestions and reviews of others to know if the book qualifies. Good Luck and ENJOY!

Early Stages:
Puppy Love - Read a book where the h/H knew each other as kids and one of them had a crush on the other.

Young Love - Read a YA book with a significant romance theme.

Love at First Sight - Read a book where the h/H have an instant attraction or read a book that you bought because of the cover without knowing the author or reading any reviews (that's right. Just walk into a book store and buy a book with a cover you like. Don't even bother to read the blurb or the back. Come on, try it.)

Love's First Kiss - Read a book by an author you've never read before.

Blind Date - Read a book that a friend recommends. Unlike the PIFM challenge, you only get one pick.

Friends First (More Later) - Read a book where the h/H are friends for a long time before they become romantically involved.

Summer Lovin' - Read a book where the h/H meet on vacation.

Middle Stages:
Love and Marriage - Read a book where the h/H begin the book married.

A Serious Commitment - Read a book with at least 750 pages.

We're Comfortable - Read a book where the h/H have dated for more than three years but have never gotten married.

Keeping Things Interesting - You knew if I was putting a challenge together there had to be an erotica book in there somewhere. Well, you've found it.

Finding a New Home - Most families once they really start to get established, move/buy/build homes. Read a book that has a house building/refurb/rehab/real-estate as a significant plot element.

First comes love, second comes marriage, then comes Joey in a baby carriage! - Read a book that has a child between the h/H as a major plot element.

I love my job! - Read a book where something about either the h/H job is a significant issue.

The End and Beyond:
Sometimes we have to say goodbye to the ones we love - Read a book where either h/H is a widow/widower.

Death isn't always the end - With the wonderful world of PNR, the h/H don't even have to be alive! Ghosts, vampires, and zombies all qualify here.

My ex isn't dead. I just wish they were - Read a book where the h/H are divorced. Either one is fine.

I didn't know what I had until you were gone - Read a book where h/H had a relationship, were separated for a significant length of time, and re-connected later in life. They don't have to have been married the first time.

We've been together forever - Read a book from an author that you have read (and rated) at least 10 of their books.

The Golden Years - Read a book where the h/H are retired, a grandparent is a significant character, or one of the characters is over 100 years old (yeah, another nod to those PNR folks).

This can't be all there is! - Read the most recently released book in a series that you love.

Other Loves
Love thy God - Read a book where the h/H is an officer of a religion (priest, pastor, rabbi, high priestess of the goddess Boo - whatever).

Filial Love - Read a book where a parent of the h/H plays a significant role in the story.

Love thy neighbor - There is always the girl next door or boy next door stories. Maybe they grew up next door to each other. Maybe they just moved in next door. Either way, they end up doing more than just borrowing a cup of flour.

Love your pets - There is a pet in this story that is a major player in the story. Maybe the h/H is a vet. In any event, pets and animals are a major focus of this one.

message 2: by JC (new)

JC (jmnc) | 311 comments Sounds good so far! *waiting*

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1076 comments OOO I am most definitely interested in this one...cant wait for you to post

message 4: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cawils_99) This sounds like a good way to work on my TBR. Can't wait to see the details!

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily I might actually try this. I've not done any challenges in forever, so this just might be the way to get back into the swing of things.

message 6: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19628 comments Looking forward to this one Jim - just hope I can find something for each of the mysterious categories!

message 7: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments Finally, it's (almost) up! I'm in.

message 8: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3558 comments hmmm sounds interesting.

message 9: by NayNay (new)

NayNay sounds good.
I heard this once (I think from a movie)and it has always stayed with me.
"Love is friendship on fire"

message 10: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments trust Jim to torture us!

message 11: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 1865 comments I needed a new challenge! Great timing and sounds great so far!

message 12: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) | 1810 comments Sounds interesting!!

NocturnalRavings(Jodie) (mistrissmoon) | 269 comments Great,another awesome challenge I can't risist! :P

message 14: by Penney (new)

Penney (pschoener) | 3553 comments Don't forget to press save ;-p

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments Tornado warnings have passed here! All categories are up and the challenge is declared OPEN!

message 16: by JC (new)

JC (jmnc) | 311 comments I'm in! I'll post as I go since I'll need to know the story well enough to match it with a task.

message 17: by Penney (new)

Penney (pschoener) | 3553 comments Nice Jim! I'm very much in :-)

message 18: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6904 comments I tried really hard to resist this, but I made the mistake of coming back and looking at the categories...I'm in! :)

message 19: by ~Melissa~ (last edited Nov 25, 2011 09:56AM) (new)

~Melissa~ | 1855 comments Love is....

Number of Books: 12
Duration: 120 days

11/15/2011 ~ 3/14/2011
2/12 completed

Early Stages:
Puppy Love - Read a book where the h/H knew each other as kids and one of them had a crush on the other.

Love at First Sight - Read a book where the h/H have an instant attraction ~ EXTREME EXPOSURE Pamlea Clare 11/16/11 4/5♥

Love's First Kiss - Read a book by an author you've never read before. Good Girls Don't Victoria Dahl

Blind Date - Read a book that a friend recommends. Unlike the PIFM challenge, you only get one pick. Once Bitten, Twice Shy - Jennifer Rardin

Friends First (More Later) - The Darkest Surrender Gena Showalter

Middle Stages:

We're Comfortable - Read a book where the h/H have dated for more than three years but have never gotten married.

Keeping Things Interesting - You knew if I was putting a challenge together there had to be an erotica book in there somewhere. Well, you've found it. LONG HARD RIDE LORALEI JAMES

Finding a New Home - Most families once they really start to get established, move/buy/build homes. Read a book that has a house building/refurb/rehab/real-estate as a significant plot element.

First comes love, second comes marriage, then comes Joey in a baby carriage! - Read a book that has a child between the h/H as a major plot element.

I love my job! - the h/H job is a significant issue. Black Ties and Lullabies Janes Graves completed 11/19/11 4/5♥

The End and Beyond:
Sometimes we have to say goodbye to the ones we love - Read a book where either h/H is a widow/widower.

Death isn't always the end - With the wonderful world of PNR, the h/H don't even have to be alive! Ghosts, vampires, and zombies all qualify here.
DRINK DEEP Chloe Neill

My ex isn't dead. I just wish they were - Read a book where the h/H are divorced. Either one is fine.
BAD BOYS DO Victoria Dahl

I didn't know what I had until you were gone - Read a book where h/H had a relationship, were separated for a significant length of time, and re-connected later in life. They don't have to have been married the first time.

We've been together forever - Read a book from an author that you have read (and rated) at least 10 of their books.

The Golden Years- Read a book where the h/H are retired, a grandparent is a significant character, or one of the characters is over 100 years old (yeah, another nod to those PNR folks).

This can't be all there is! - Read the most recently released book in a series that you love. MAGIC SLAYS Ilona Andrews

Other Loves
Love thy God - Read a book where the h/H is an officer of a religion (priest, pastor, rabbi, high priestess of the goddess Boo - whatever).

Filial Love - Read a book where a parent of the h/H plays a significant role in the story.

Love thy neighbor - There is always the girl next door or boy next door stories. Maybe they grew up next door to each other. Maybe they just moved in next door. Either way, they end up doing more than just borrowing a cup of flour.

Love your pets - There is a pet in this story that is a major player in the story. Maybe the h/H is a vet. In any event, pets and animals are a major focus of this one.

Read:

Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1) by Pamela Clare Black Ties and Lullabies by Jane Graves

message 20: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 1865 comments Thank you Jim. This sounds great. I'm in!

message 21: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 280 comments I'm in too!

message 23: by JC (last edited Dec 22, 2011 01:42PM) (new)

JC (jmnc) | 311 comments Duration: 11/15/11 - 3/7/12

12/12 complete - Finished!! Great Challenge, thanks for the fun!

Early Stages:
Love's first kiss (new to me author): The Phantom of the Opera
Puppy Love (one had crush on other as kids): Romancing Mister Bridgerton
Friends first (more later): Last Night's Scandal
Love at first sight (chosen for cover): Girl with a Pearl Earring

Middle Stages:
I love my job! (H is a spy): Dancing on the Wind
Keeping things interesting (erotica): Wicked Intentions

The End and Beyond:
We've been together forever (author I've read and rated 10+ books): Dreamfever
This can't be all there is! (most recently released book of a series I love): Shadowfever
Sometimes we have to say goodbye to the ones we love (H is widower): The China Bride
The Golden Years (Grandmother main character): The Lost Duke of Wyndham
Death isn't always the end (Vampire H): A Discovery of Witches

Other Loves:
Love your pets (dog of H is a main character): I Am the Messenger

Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux The China Bride (The Bride Trilogy, #2) by Mary Jo Putney Dancing on the Wind (Fallen Angels, #3) by Mary Jo Putney The Lost Duke of Wyndham (Two Dukes of Wyndham, #1) by Julia Quinn A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4) by Julia Quinn Last Night's Scandal (Carsington Brothers #5) by Loretta Chase Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1) by Elizabeth Hoyt I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

message 24: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Galloway | 700 comments I'm in!

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments I know I didn't put a time frame in place, but I think everyone should be wrapped up by June 1st which means if you are in, must start by Feb 1 (if you want the full 120 days)

Sorry for not getting back earlier. I work a job where I can't play on the internet during the day any more so I can't post until I get back in the evening.

message 26: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments if we opt to do all 25 can we have longer? ;)

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments Sure Dee. How long do you think? 180 days for all of them? Is that long enough?

message 28: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments i dunno - i was expecting you to say no ;)

message 29: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1 comments I'm in!

message 30: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments I haven't been in a challenge in a long time. I'm in!

message 31: by Emily (new)

Emily | 693 comments Im in, is this where we post our progress?

message 32: by Penney (new)

Penney (pschoener) | 3553 comments LOL Dee!

message 33: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments well, if it was 12 books = 120 days, then 25 books = 250 days, but that is a long time, we could just call it June 1 as the deadline

message 34: by Cindy (last edited Dec 07, 2011 08:14AM) (new)

Cindy (cynx) | 37 comments ♥Love is ... - 120 Day Challenge♥
Duration: 11.19.2011 - 3.17.2012
5/12

description Early Stages:
•Puppy Love: Falling For Gracie by Susan Mallery 12.6.11 ♥♥♥♥
•Love's First Kiss: The Ideal Man by Julie Garwood 11.26.11 ♥♥♥♥
•Blind Date: Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard 11.29.11 ♥♥♥♥

Falling For Gracie (Los Lobos, #2) by Susan Mallery The Ideal Man by Julie Garwood Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard

description Middle Stages:
•Keeping Things Interesting: The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton
•First comes love, second comes marriage, then comes Joey in a baby carriage!: Christmas Eve At Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas 12.3.11
•I love my job!: Heartstrings and Diamond Rings by Jane Graves 12.3.11

The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) by Jaci Burton Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (Friday Harbor, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Heartstrings and Diamond Rings by Jane Graves

description The End and Beyond:
•I didn't know what I had until you were gone: Almost Perfect by Susan Mallery
•My ex isn't dead. I just wish they were: Don't Mess With Texas by Christie Craig
•We've been together forever: Kiss Me If You Can by Carly Phillips
•This can't be all there is!: Real Men Will by Victoria Dahl

Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2) by Susan Mallery Don't Mess with Texas by Christie Craig Kiss Me If You Can (Bachelor Blogs, #1) by Carly Phillips Real Men Will (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #3) by Victoria Dahl

description Other Loves:
•Love thy neighbor: And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper
•Love your pets: Only Us by Susan Mallery

And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper Only Us A Fool's Gold Holiday (Fool's Gold, #6.5) by Susan Mallery

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments Great list Cindy. I might just have to steal And One Last Thing... for my list.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments Bring it on Emily! This is indeed where you post your list and progress.

Dee, June 1 deadline works for me.

message 37: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11006 comments Love is....120 Day Challenge
11/15/2011-3/15/2012
0/12

-Puppy Love-Jealous And Freakn'
-Love At First Sight- Infinity Pools
-Love's First Kiss- Letters from Home (Harlequin Blaze, #474)
-Friends First- Insatiable
-Summer Lovin- Life in Fusion

Jealous And Freakn' (Freakn' Shifters, #2) by Eve Langlais Infinity Pools (Changing Plans #2) by L.A. Witt Letters from Home (Harlequin Blaze, #474) (Uniformly Hot!, #6) by Rhonda Nelson Insatiable by Cari Quinn Life in Fusion (Sno Ho, #2) by Ethan Day

-Erotica- Passionate Pleasures
-Finding A New Home- The Sweetest Thing
-First Comes Marriage...-Happily Even After
-I Love My Job!- The Unidentified Redhead

Passionate Pleasures (The Channel #5) by Bertrice Small The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) by Jill Shalvis Happily Even After (The Second Time Around #1) by Lena Matthews The Unidentified Redhead (The Redhead Series, #1) by Alice Clayton

-My Ex Isn't Dead...-Sweet Vibrations
-I didn't know what I Had...-Deserted Island, Dreamy Ex!
-We've Been Together Forever- Murder Game
-This Can't Be All There Is!- Cowboy Casanova

Sweet Vibrations (Tygers, #1) by Melinda Barron Deserted Island, Dreamy Ex! (Harlequin Romance) by Nicola Marsh Murder Game (GhostWalkers, #7) by Christine Feehan Cowboy Casanova (Rough Riders, #12) by Lorelei James

-Filial Love- Love Ahead: Expect Delays
-Love Thy Neighbor- And One Last Thing ... or Silent Heat

Love Ahead Expect Delays by Astrid Amara And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper Silent Heat by Vonna Harper

message 38: by Emily (last edited Jan 21, 2012 04:18PM) (new)

Emily | 693 comments Early Stages:
Puppy Love - Hunting JC by Dominique Eastwick 11/19
Young Love -
Love at First Sight : Yours, Mine and Howls by Kinsey W. Holley 11/17
Love's First Kiss Bastian by Tianna Xander 11/18
Blind Date
Friends First (More Later) - Want to go Private? by M.A. Ellis 12.1
Summer Lovin-White Wedding by Ursula Sinclair 11/15

Middle Stages:
Love and Marriage -Death That Lingers by Kaylie Newell 12.1
A Serious Commitment
We're Comfortable
Keeping Things Interesting: No Bag Limit by Kalina Cole 11/15
Finding a New Home-Inside Out by Lauren Dane 12.8
First comes love, second comes marriage, then comes Joey in a baby carriage! Undeniably Yours by Shannon Stacey
I love my job!-Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis 12.3

The End and Beyond:
Sometimes we have to say goodbye to the ones we love -Rocky Mountain Desire by Vivian Arend 1/1
Death isn't always the end -Retribution by Sherrilyn Kenyon 11/30
My ex isn't dead. I just wish they were - Desire for Three by Leah Brooke 11/25
I didn't know what I had until you were gone - Downsizing by W. Soliman 12/20
We've been together forever - Cowboy Casanova by Lorelei James 1/14

The Golden Years -
This can't be all there is! - Love Slave to a Sicilian Billionaire by Jan Bowles 11/20

Other Loves
Love thy God - Poseidons Fortune by Allie Standifer 1/1
Filial Love -
Love thy neighbor -Coming Undone by Lauren Dane 1/21
Love your pets - Blushing Violet by Ann Mayburn 1/3

No Bag Limit (Liberty Springs, Wyoming 1) by Kaliana ColeYours, Mine and Howls (Werewolves in Love, #2) by Kinsey W. HolleyLove Slave to the Sicilian Billionaire (Guilty Pleasures, # 4) by Jan BowlesDesire for Three (Desire, Oklahoma, #1) by Leah BrookeWhite Wedding by Ursula SinclairBastian (The Lords of Satyr #6) by Elizabeth AmberHunting JC by Dominique EastwickWant To Go Private? by M.A. EllisA Death that Lingers by Kaylie NewellInside Out (Brown Siblings, #3) by Lauren DaneHead Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) by Jill ShalvisRetribution (Dark-Hunter, #20) by Sherrilyn KenyonBlushing Violet by Ann MayburnComing Undone (Brown Siblings, #2) by Lauren DanePoseidon's Fortune by Allie StandiferRocky Mountain Desire Six Pack Ranch, Book 3 by Vivian ArendDownsizing by W. SolimanCowboy Casanova (Rough Riders, #12) by Lorelei JamesUndeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2) by Shannon Stacey

message 39: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cynx) | 37 comments Photojim wrote: "Great list Cindy. I might just have to steal And One Last Thing... for my list."

Thank you and steal away ☺.

message 40: by Alycia (new)

Alycia RRRC Love is...
120 day challenge (11/15- 3/15)
0/12 Complete

Early Stages:
1. Love at first sight (pretty cover purchase)- His Mistress by Christmas
2. Love's first kiss (new author)- The Pleasure of Your Kiss
3. Blind Date (friend rec)- Scandalous Desires

Middle Stages:
4. Love & marriage- An Affair Before Christmas
5. Keep things interesting (erotica)- Pulled Long
6. I love my job- A Little Wild

The End & Beyond:
7. Death isn't always the end (pnr)- Archangel's Consort
8. We've been together forever (10+ ratings)- It's in his kiss
9. This can't be all that there is (recent release of a series)- Cowboy Casanova

Other Loves:
10. Filial Love- The Capture of the Earl of Glencrae
11. Love thy Neighbor- When a Duke Says I Do
12. Love your pets- Take Me Again

His Mistress by Christmas (Sinful Family Secrets, #1) by Victoria Alexander The Pleasure of Your Kiss by Teresa Medeiros Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane #3) by Elizabeth Hoyt An Affair Before Christmas (Desperate Duchesses, #2) by Eloisa James Pulled Long by Christine d'Abo A Little Wild by Kate St. James Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3) by Nalini Singh It's In His Kiss (Bridgertons #7) by Julia Quinn Cowboy Casanova (Rough Riders, #12) by Lorelei James The Capture of the Earl of Glencrae by Stephanie Laurens When a Duke Says I Do by Jane Goodger Take Me Again (Wild Oats, #2) by Mackenzie McKade

message 41: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Mar 10, 2012 04:33AM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1076 comments EARLY STAGES:
1.puppy love: Summer by the Sea READ 12.01.2011
2.young love: The Iron Daughter
3.love @ 1st sight: The Rebel (The Moorehouse Legacy, #1) READ 03.10
4.loves 1st kiss: Something Borrowed READ 12.01.2011
5.blind date: An Accidental Woman
6.friends 1st: Hex Marks the Spot READ 01.30.2012
7.summer lovin': Nights in Rodanthe

Summer by the Sea by Susan Wiggs The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa The Rebel (The Moorehouse Legacy, #1) (Silhouette Special Edition #1698) by Jessica Bird Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin An Accidental Woman by Barbara Delinsky Hex Marks the Spot (A Bewitching Mystery, #3) by Madelyn Alt Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks

MIDDLE STAGES:
8.love & marriage: Undead and Unworthy READ 11.13.2011
9.a serious committment: An Echo in the Bone
10.we're comfortable: Carrot Cake Murder READ 01.29.2012
11.keeping things interesting: Nauti Nights
12.finding a new home: The Next Always
13.1st comes love,etc: Can't Teach an Old Demon New Tricks
14.I love my job: Savor the Moment READ 12.06.2011

Undead and Unworthy (Undead, #7) by MaryJanice Davidson An Echo in the Bone (Outlander, #7) by Diana Gabaldon Carrot Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #10) by Joanne Fluke Nauti Nights  by Lora Leigh The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro, #1) by Nora Roberts Can't Teach an Old Demon New Tricks (Demon, #2) by Cara Lockwood Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3) by Nora Roberts

THE END & BEYOND:
15.sometimes we have to say goodbye:
The Notebook
16.death isnt always the end: White Witch, Black Curse READ 02.11.2012
17.my ex isnt dead: Honeysuckle Summer READ 12.13.2011
18.I didnt know what I had: The Best of Me
19.we've been together forever: Explosive Eighteen READ 01.09.2012
20.the golden years: Succubus Shadows
21.this cant be all there is: One Grave at a Time READ 02.14.2012

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks White Witch, Black Curse (The Hollows, #7) by Kim Harrison Honeysuckle Summer (The Sweet Magnolias #7) by Sherryl Woods The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum, #18) by Janet Evanovich Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5) by Richelle Mead One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6) by Jeaniene Frost

OTHER LOVES:
22.love thy God: Goddess of Spring
23.filial love: Cream Puff Murder
24.love thy neighbor: Lola and the Boy Next Door
25.love your pets: Finding Mr. Right

Goddess of Spring (Goddess Summoning, #2) by P.C. Cast Cream Puff Murder (Hannah Swensen, #11) by Joanne Fluke Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins Finding Mr. Right by Emily Carmichael READ 02.12.2012

message 42: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) I'm definitely in! I was in need of an interesting Challenge. Way to go Jim :)

message 43: by Lauren (last edited Dec 26, 2011 11:50AM) (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Love the names of the categories. I'm definitely in!

Love is . . .
January 2012 - April 2012
Complete: 0/25

Early Stages:
Puppy Love:
Young Love:
Love at First Sight:
Love's First Kiss:Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh
Blind Date:
Friends First (More Later):
Summer Lovin':

Middle Stages:
Love and Marriage:
A Serious Commitment:
We're Comfortable:
Keeping Things Interesting: Lion's Heat by Lora Leigh
Finding a New Home:
First comes love, second comes marriage, then comes Joey in a baby carriage!:
I love my job!:

The End and Beyond:
Sometimes we have to say goodbye to the ones we love: When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn
Death isn't always the end: Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
My ex isn't dead. I just wish they were:
I didn't know what I had until you were gone:
We've been together forever:
The Golden Years: The Lost Duke of Wyndham by Julia Quinn
This can't be all there is!:

Other Loves
Love thy God:
Filial Love:
Love thy neighbor:
Love your pets:

Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh Lion's Heat (Breeds, #21) by Lora Leigh When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6) by Julia Quinn Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #7) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Lost Duke of Wyndham (Two Dukes of Wyndham, #1) by Julia Quinn

message 44: by JC (new)

JC (jmnc) | 311 comments HAHA! Sallie - it took me a minute to see what your ticker was - I tought "is that a rabbit and some kind of deer antlers?" Then I saw it was a bride and groom - very cute!

message 45: by Wan (last edited Nov 18, 2011 06:57AM) (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 2081 comments I'll do 12 (may be all 25).

RRRC Love is...
120 day challenge (11/16/2011-3/14/2012)
1/12 Complete

Early Stages:

Love at First Sight - Read a book where the h/H have an instant attraction or read a book that you bought because of the cover without knowing the author or reading any reviews (that's right. Just walk into a book store and buy a book with a cover you like. Don't even bother to read the blurb or the back. Come on, try it.)

Love's First Kiss - Read a book by an author you've never read before.

Blind Date - Read a book that a friend recommends. Unlike the PIFM challenge, you only get one pick.

Friends First (More Later) - Read a book where the h/H are friends for a long time before they become romantically involved.

Middle Stages:

Keeping Things Interesting - You knew if I was putting a challenge together there had to be an erotica book in there somewhere. Well, you've found it.

I love my job! - Read a book where something about either the h/H job is a significant issue.

The End and Beyond:

I didn't know what I had until you were gone The Chase by Erin McCarthy 11/16 (5)

We've been together forever 10+ books author Bad Moon Rising by Sherrilyn Kenyon

The Golden Years - Read a book where the h/H are retired, a grandparent is a significant character, or one of the characters is over 100 years old (yeah, another nod to those PNR folks).

This can't be all there is! - Read the most recently released book in a series that you love.

The Chase (Fast Track, #4) by Erin McCarthy Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #18) (Were-Hunter, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Other Loves

message 46: by Lacy (last edited Nov 18, 2011 04:37PM) (new)

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 1865 comments 11/17/2011 to 3/15/2011

1/12 or 1/25 (undecided!!!)

Early Stages:
1. Puppy Love - Read a book where the h/H knew each other as kids and one of them had a crush on the other.

2. Young Love - After Obsession - 11/18/2011 - 4 Stars

3. Love at First Sight - Read a book where the h/H have an instant attraction or read a book that you bought because of the cover without knowing the author or reading any reviews (that's right. Just walk into a book store and buy a book with a cover you like. Don't even bother to read the blurb or the back. Come on, try it.)

4. Love's First Kiss - Read a book by an author you've never read before.

5. Blind Date - Read a book that a friend recommends. Unlike the PIFM challenge, you only get one pick.

6. Friends First - Read a book where the h/H are friends for a long time before they become romantically involved.

7. Summer Lovin' - Read a book where the h/H meet on vacation.

Middle Stages:
8.Love and Marriage - Read a book where the h/H begin the book married.

9. A Serious Commitment - Read a book with at least 750 pages.

10. We're Comfortable - Read a book where the h/H have dated for more than three years but have never gotten married.

11. Keeping Things Interesting - You knew if I was putting a challenge together there had to be an erotica book in there somewhere. Well, you've found it.

12. Finding a New Home - Most families once they really start to get established, move/buy/build homes. Read a book that has a house building/refurb/rehab/real-estate as a significant plot element.

13. First comes love, second comes marriage, then comes Joey in a baby carriage! - Read a book that has a child between the h/H as a major plot element.

14. I love my job! - Read a book where something about either the h/H job is a significant issue.

The End and Beyond:
15. Sometimes we have to say goodbye to the ones we love - Read a book where either h/H is a widow/widower.

16. Death isn't always the end - With the wonderful world of PNR, the h/H don't even have to be alive! Ghosts, vampires, and zombies all qualify here.

17. My ex isn't dead. I just wish they were - Read a book where the h/H are divorced. Either one is fine.

18. I didn't know what I had until you were gone - Read a book where h/H had a relationship, were separated for a significant length of time, and re-connected later in life. They don't have to have been married the first time.

19. We've been together forever - Read a book from an author that you have read (and rated) at least 10 of their books.

20. The Golden Years - Read a book where the h/H are retired, a grandparent is a significant character, or one of the characters is over 100 years old (yeah, another nod to those PNR folks).

21. This can't be all there is! - Read the most recently released book in a series that you love.

Other Loves
22. Love thy God - Read a book where the h/H is an officer of a religion (priest, pastor, rabbi, high priestess of the goddess Boo - whatever).

23. Filial Love - Read a book where a parent of the h/H plays a significant role in the story.

24.Love thy neighbor - There is always the girl next door or boy next door stories. Maybe they grew up next door to each other. Maybe they just moved in next door. Either way, they end up doing more than just borrowing a cup of flour.

25. Love your pets - There is a pet in this story that is a major player in the story. Maybe the h/H is a vet. In any event, pets and animals are a major focus of this one.

After Obsession by Carrie Jones

message 47: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11006 comments Love is....120 Day Challenge
11/15/2011-3/15/2012

1/12

-Puppy Love-Jealous And Freakn'
-Love At First Sight- Infinity Pools
-Love's First Kiss- Letters from Home (Harlequin Blaze, #474)(3.5*) 11/16
-Friends First- Insatiable
-Summer Lovin- Life in Fusion

Jealous And Freakn' (Freakn' Shifters, #2) by Eve Langlais Infinity Pools (Changing Plans #2) by L.A. Witt Letters from Home (Harlequin Blaze, #474) (Uniformly Hot!, #6) by Rhonda Nelson Insatiable by Cari Quinn Life in Fusion (Sno Ho, #2) by Ethan Day

-Erotica- Passionate Pleasures
-Finding A New Home- The Sweetest Thing
-First Comes Marriage...-Happily Even After
-I Love My Job!- The Unidentified Redhead

Passionate Pleasures (The Channel #5) by Bertrice Small The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) by Jill Shalvis Happily Even After (The Second Time Around #1) by Lena Matthews The Unidentified Redhead (The Redhead Series, #1) by Alice Clayton

-My Ex Isn't Dead...-Sweet Vibrations
-I didn't know what I Had...-Deserted Island, Dreamy Ex!
-We've Been Together Forever- Murder Game
-This Can't Be All There Is!- Cowboy Casanova

Sweet Vibrations (Tygers, #1) by Melinda Barron Deserted Island, Dreamy Ex! (Harlequin Romance) by Nicola Marsh Murder Game (GhostWalkers, #7) by Christine Feehan Cowboy Casanova (Rough Riders, #12) by Lorelei James

-Filial Love- Love Ahead: Expect Delays
-Love Thy Neighbor- And One Last Thing ... or Silent Heat

Love Ahead Expect Delays by Astrid Amara And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper Silent Heat by Vonna Harper

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments Wan, you know, The Chase is actually the book I had in mind when I wrote that category.

message 49: by taita (new)

taita Sounds like fun! I'm in for 12 books. 11/17/11 - 3/17/12.

message 50: by JC (new)

JC (jmnc) | 311 comments Duration: 11/15/11 - 3/7/12

1/12 complete

Early Stages:

Middle Stages:

The End and Beyond:
We've been together forever (author I've read and rated 10+ books): Dreamfever

Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning

« previous 1 3 4 5