Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

Chit Chat > I Hear Music!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melki (new)

Melki Bob's question about Led Zeppelin made me curious...when you were growing up, who were some of your favorite singers/bands?

message 2: by Melki (new)

Melki When I first hit my double digits, Donny Osmond and Michael Jackson were only a few years older than me, and therefore fit into the catagory of nonthreatening boys. Michael still had a nose then, and an afro, and I thought he was the cutest thing in the world.

My friend Monica was in love with Tom Jones, and that was just plain WRONG! He was OLD! He was the guy our MOM'S liked!

In later years, I spent many happy hours singing into my hairbrush/microphone, pretending to be Linda Rondstadt, Bonnie Raitt, Bette Midler, and Ann Wilson from Heart.

message 3: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) I've listened to Aerosmith literally almost all my life. Remember my brother blaring his 8 tracks at night and my mother pounding on his door to quite him since I was suppose to be sleeping. Side note my brother is 10 years older than I.

Finally, in 2009 got to fill one of my life long dreams to see Aerosmith in concert at the 69th Sturgis Rally in South Dakota. What better way to celebrate my 40th no??? Well the concert was delayed due to rain but the loyal fan that I am sat in the rain till they finally came out on stage. Then about 4 songs in... Steven Tyler,(expletive), fell off the stage an ended the concert for the night.

Not that I'm bitter have many lovely memories involving an expensive pillow, being barred from flying in the helicopter etc. However, you'd think the rest of the guys could have carried on. Not like we need Steven Tyler we know the words!!!

Also, listened to Metallica since the 80's and have seen them 3 times in concert once with The Rolling Stones.

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) I was a David Cassidy fan - still am really with his poster on my stitching room door. My sister was a Donny Osmond fan too and we shared a bedroom so you can imagine the state of the walls.

I also loved Mud, and Showaddywaddy oh and a band called Kenny.

message 5: by Melki (new)

Melki Ah, 8 tracks...that brings back memories.

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 157 comments My musical tastes have always leant to the rock and metal side with Metallica, Guns 'n' Roses, AC/DC, Led Zepplin and co taking up my music shelves for as far back as I can remember (blame my father for that). Metallica have always been my favourite, occasionally sharing that accolade with Nightwish, Funeral for a Friend and other more recent discoveries.