The Silent Muse discussion

Old Stuff > How are you today?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennie (last edited Oct 30, 2008 08:26AM) (new)

Jennie (tangledupinblue) | 83 comments Mod
I wish I had a latte, but other than that, I'm doing well.

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jtedore) | 37 comments Sawtelle, eh? Is this your way of increasing the intellect into my daily reading? What, Twilight and Confessions of a Shopaholic aren't good enough?

message 3: by Jennie (new)

Jennie (tangledupinblue) | 83 comments Mod
Are you kidding me? Sawtelle is our piece of pop culture fluff!! We're teachers, you know... Our last book was "Invitation to a Beheading" by Nabokov in which we deconstructed the underlying nihilism of man and his attachment to the impermanent self.
Then again, I also deconstructed the underlying nihilism of man and his attachment to the impermanent self as I was reading Twilight. Weird.

Har har har.

message 4: by Quill (new)

Quill | 7 comments Mod
Are you kidding? I am the embodiement of an impermanent self. Where are you getting this literary criticism crap? I just like a good cry! LOL! Seriously I feel honored to be sharing this blog with two intellectual yet devestatingly beautiful women.

I haven't started the book yet, but I have hopes for the weekend. First, I shall deconstruct the meaning of our spiritual connection to the dead while participating in the nihilism of candy consumption!

Er, Happy Halloween.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jtedore) | 37 comments You realize that I have never once used the word "nihilism," and now it's all I see... while still being unaware of its true definition, I will smile and nod. Two teachers and an insurance geek? That's a killer trio if you ask me.