TV We've Just Watched discussion

New Season Talk > Show Ideas in The Works

Comments Showing 1-50 of 203 (203 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Holli (new)

Holli Just read in TV Guide this week of more revamped shows from older shows or movies that are in the works:

In Living Color
The Firm
Beauty and The Beast
modern version of Bewitched and The Munsters
Romancing The Stone
Wiseguy
The Incredible Hulk

They are trying to re-do Mork and Mindy and The Mod Squad but there is still ownership questions regarding those two that are halting the progress.

message 2: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Interesting. Thanks holli

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Too bad they can't come up with NEW shows. All these remakes or ripped-off British shows.
Out of that list, only Beauty and The Beast is interesting to me. Maybe The Munsters if they did it right.

message 4: by Holli (new)

Holli I'm only interested in Bewitched!! LOL

message 5: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (brandiemichelle) I'd watch Beauty and the Beast. I remember watching that growing up.

message 6: by Holli (new)

Holli I watched that too Brandie... with my mom... I'd probably see what they do with it.

message 7: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments What would they do with Romancing The Stone?
I of course would be interested in Bewitched. Sucker for the supernatural .

message 8: by Holli (new)

Holli It’s official: NBC has given the go-ahead to Bryan Fuller’s modern-day reboot of the creepy classic The Munsters!

A Peacock spokesperson confirms that the network has ordered a pilot of what it’s calling an “imaginative reinvention of The Munsters as a visually spectacular one hour drama.”
In an exclusive statement to TVLine, Fuller gushed, “I am over the moon Eddie Munster will soon be howling at.”

This is shaping up to be a busy development season for the Pushing Daisies creator. Last week, NBC gave a script order to Hannibal, Fuller’s one-hour drama based on Mr. Fava Beans himself.

message 10: by ReneeB (new)

ReneeB Is this really the lineup? It seems like the 80's/90's. Hardly anything original.

message 11: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments A show based on Hannibal Lecter?! Yikes.

message 12: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Hollywood is rarely original. They're experts at recycling.

message 13: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments I give a "blech" to all the ideas for new shows. I agree with Jackie back up in message #3: "Too bad they can't come up with NEW shows."

On the plus side, I always feel guilty thinking I watch too much TV so programming like this would help me turn off the TV!

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Michael wrote: On the plus side, I always feel guilty thinking I watch too much TV so programming like this would help me turn off the TV!

I concur. Now let's see if I have the willpower to do so. Most times my morbid curiosity wins the contest, lol

message 15: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments Same here. Or there are other shows that premiere that are original (or at least not direct remakes) to watch. I always think about turning the TV off and just relying on the radio for news and then doing other stuff with my time but I never do.

message 16: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I annoy myself because all these inferior TV shows impede on my reading time. I have to force myself to be more discriminatory in my TV watching.
And on that note, tonight will likely be my last episode of Grimm. It's OK, but not good enough for me to give up reading time. Unless something extraordinary happens.

message 17: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments I like Grimm but it's not as good as I had hoped it'd be. The worst thing about the show for me is the lead actor - I can't stand him!

message 18: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I don't like him either.

message 19: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments The only reason I am still watching Grimm is because I really like the wolf sidekick, but don't know how much longer he will appeal to me if the stories don't improve.

message 20: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I'm done. This last ep was the same as the rest. Supernatural is much better.
I like the wolf guy but he's not in it all that much.

message 21: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments I liked the last ep. They gave us a little more on the Big Bad and I liked that and am interested on how it plays out. I'll stick with it for a couple more weeks. Like Kelley, the only character I really like in the show is the wolf sidekick.

message 22: by Heather L (new)

Heather L  (wordtrix) WHY is Hollyweird so incapable of coming up with anything new? I am as tired of all the remakes of TV series and movies as I am all the faux reality tripe. More good reasons to watch less television...

message 23: by Holli (new)

Holli ABC has ordered production on the pilot for Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers' period drama, Gilded Lillys.

Written by KJ Steinberg (Gossip Girl, The Nine) and set in 1895, Lillys follows the opening of the first true luxury hotel built in New York City, along with the family who owns it, the staff who work it and those who stay there.

ABC pulls Work It from schedule, replaces with Last Man Standing repeats

message 24: by Holli (new)

Holli I think this show could be good!

message 25: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments That sounds more to my liking.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments Surprised Work It made it through two episodes, frankly.

message 27: by Holli (new)

Holli ABC has picked up the supernatural drama pilot 666 Park Ave., according to The Hollywood Reporter.

From the producers of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle and Gossip Girl, the project is based on Gabrielle Pierce's book series about an innocent Midwestern couple who get hired as resident managers of an Upper East Side apartment building in New York. Unbeknownst to them, the residents have all made deals with the Devil to have their desires fulfilled.

David Wilcox is on board to adapt the book and executive-produce, alongside Alloy Entertainment's Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo.

666 Park Ave. is the fourth drama pilot ABC has ordered this season, following Shawn Ryan's Last Resort, Roland Emmerich's untitled election project and Shonda Rhimes' Gilded Lilys.

message 28: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Rosemary's Baby, anyone? lol

ABC, it won't last. If the CW was doing it, I'd be more interested.

message 29: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments I agree with Jackie. It seems that this type of show doesn't do well on ABC. And it does sound a lot like Rosemary's Baby. There aren't any fresh ideas out there?

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments Apparently not.

message 31: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Nope, that why we get remake after remake. Kinda pathetic. I'm quite sure there's unique and new things out there, and I'm equally sure the networks won't take a chance on it.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments Not a "proven track record."

message 33: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I'm really surprised ABC took a chance on Once Upon A Time, I expected them to cancel it already. Its really good too.

message 34: by Holli (new)

Holli The Revolution is getting closer to being televised.

NBC has given the green light to the hour-long thriller penned by Supernatural creator Eric Kripke and exec produced by J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk.

The project is described as a high-octane action drama that follows a group of characters struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist.

message 35: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments The new NBC one sounds good. If it makes it onto the schedule I'll check it out.

message 36: by Holli (new)

Holli Me too :)

message 37: by Holli (new)

Holli Two-time Emmy Award winner Blythe Danner has joined the cast of Gilded Lilys, a period drama pilot being executive-produced by Shonda Rhimes (Grey’s Anatomy) for ABC.

Madeline Zima (Californication) and Sarah Bolger (The Tudors) have also landed roles.

To be penned by K.J. Steinberg (The Nine, Gossip Girl) — who with Betsy Beers is also an EP on the project — Gilded Lilys is set in 1895 and promises to deliver an epic love story, a vicious rivalry and a scandalous secret unfolding against the backdrop of the opening of New York’s first luxury hotel.

ABC’s 11 other drama pilot orders include Marc Cherry’s Devious Maids, the supernatural-tinged 666 Park Avenue, Beauty and the Beast (a reimagining of the classic fairy tale) and Gotham (about a female cop who discovers a magical world that exists within New York City).

message 38: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments All four sound good to me! Let me know if you get more details closer to airing time. I'd like to add them and see what they offer.

message 39: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments Thanks for sharing, Holli. I would like to see these shows.

message 40: by Holli (new)

Holli I think they all sound good as well... I'll start watching for things on them and I'll post them for us all.

message 41: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Holli, you're the best moderator of all time!

message 42: by Holli (new)

Holli Thanks Jackie!! :)

message 43: by Jackie (last edited Feb 15, 2012 10:10AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Honestly, I've never seen another mod on any group work so hard and give us so much info as you do. I appreciate the time and effort you put into the group.

message 44: by Holli (new)

Holli That really means a lot Jackie.... thank you for noticing me and appreciating me.... you're awesome!

message 45: by Holli (new)

Holli NBC has given Bryan Fuller‘s Hannibal a 13-episode straight-to-series order, as well as greenlit a pilot for a primetime sudser.

Hannibal — written and executive-produced by the Pushing Diasies creator — is described as a contemporary take on the characters from Thomas Harris’ Red Dragon novel. As such, it will start off at the beginning of FBI agent Will Graham’s budding relationship with mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter.

Production on Fuller’s reboot of The Munsters, Mockingbird Lane, was recently delayed until June, taking it out of contention for fall 2012.

Also on Tuesday, NBC gave a pilot order to Notorious, which is described as an opulent soap about a female detective who goes undercover in the wealthy family she grew up with, posing as their maid’s daughter. The elaborate scheme is part of her plan to solve the murder of a notorious heiress, who was once her close friend.

Liz Heldens (Prime Suspect) penned the Notorious pilot, with Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun and Gene Stein serving as executive producers.

message 46: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments About Notorious: none of the people she's known all her life recognize her? Odd premise.

That's too bad about Mockingbird Lane. I hope it makes it the schedule soon.

message 47: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments Yeah, that's what I thought, too. She goes undercover in the family she grew up with and they don't know her? Maybe she has plastic surgery to alter her identity?

message 48: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments That'd be even crazier. Plastic surgery for a cop job? Pretty drastic measures.

message 49: by Holli (new)

Holli Smoke Monster? That’s so last decade. Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn is set to do battle with some new supernatural beings on ABC’s drama pilot 666 Park Avenue.

Based on the novels by the same name, 666 centers on a couple who, upon deciding to manage an historic New York apartment complex, begins experiencing strange and supernatural occurrences. Per our sister site Deadline, O’Quinn will co-star as the owner of the creepy building.

message 50: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I'm liking what I'm hearing about 666 so far.

« previous 1 3 4 5