Cover 2 Cover discussion

Great Questions To Think About! > Are Audio Books Gonna Stop Kids From Reading?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

i really think people are just going to listen instead of actually looking at the words! All over the libraries they mostly have audio books or cds of every book in their library! How do we stop this?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

no clue but we should cuz reading the books in person helps kids and/or adults learn new things and reading helps the brain. Hey I don't want the physical appearance of books to go down the shoot cuz I love books!

message 3: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 172 comments No I think reading will always exist, I prefer reading to listening anyway.

message 4: by Adriana (new)

Adriana No, it's better for some kids.

message 5: by Josiah (new)

Josiah (kenjenningsjeopardy74) For some kids, such as those with dyslexia or others problems that inhibit smooth and speedy reading, I see audio books as a worthwhile option. For me, though, they always lacked appeal. I want to envision the characters in the stories I read the way I picture them naturally, and hear their voices accordingly; I'd rather not have those aspects of the reading experience be defined by the person chosen to read the story for an audio book. For enthusiastic readers, I honestly can't see audio books ever doing much to take the place of the printed word.

message 6: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Yeah I rather imagine the characters and their voices in the way that I want them to.

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat (kaitlins16) I've only listened to a few books in audio, and I definitely prefer reading it myself than listening to someone else read it. In the ones I've heard, it wasn't as exciting as reading the book. There was only one narrator and it got a little monotonous.