Betsy-Tacy discussion

Betsy-Tacy (Betsy-Tacy, #1)
This topic is about Betsy-Tacy
Buying the books-standalone or collections

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tzvi (skullbunny) Hi,
I really wanna start buying all the Betsy-Tacy books, I saw on amazon they have a collection of the first four books in one and I wondered if anyone had that and if it was worth getting or if it was poor quality as far as how it was made and if I should just get the books individually.

Sallie | 6 comments The new collection is well worth buying as it was published by HarperCollins under the direction of Jennifer Hart who is a big fan of MHL and the Betsy-Tacy books. Jennifer made sure HC used the original illustrations by Lois Lenski on the cover as well as through out the book.

Tzvi (skullbunny) Sallie wrote: "The new collection is well worth buying as it was published by HarperCollins under the direction of Jennifer Hart who is a big fan of MHL and the Betsy-Tacy books. Jennifer made sure HC used the o..."

Thanks so much, I'll hopefully be adding it to my bookshelf next week.

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Can anybody provide a link to this edition? Thanks!

Peggy (dandelion_cottage) | 5 comments I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but here's a link to the new edition on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Betsy-Tacy-Trea...

Lisa wrote: "Can anybody provide a link to this edition? Thanks!"

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Dandelion, Thanks so much.

Here it is on Goodreads:

Betsy Tacy Treasury

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Too bad it's just the first 4 books. If it were all of them, I'd consider getting it.

Peggy (dandelion_cottage) | 5 comments Lisa, all of the Betsy-Tacy books have been reissued in paperback, and I'd highly recommend them. (You don't know how long I waited for them to come back in print. :) )

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Dandelion wrote: "Lisa, all of the Betsy-Tacy books have been reissued in paperback, and I'd highly recommend them. (You don't know how long I waited for them to come back in print. :) )"

Thanks. I've been going the library route.

Peggy (dandelion_cottage) | 5 comments I'm really happy that libraries have them again too; that's how I originally found out about them when I was a little girl.

message 11: by Deb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb | 6 comments Lisa, I think an omnibus volume of all 10 BT books would be either too large to carry comfortably, or too small print for anyone but a young child to read. Then there's the three other Deep Valley books as well - Carney, Emily and Winona.

message 12: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Deb, I think I was thinking more in terms of a complete boxed set. I'd love that.

message 13: by Deb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb | 6 comments Oh yeah, like The Little House books! That would be terrific.

Rhonda | 1 comments When I was young I received a box set of the first 6 books. I still have these but have added each of the others separately, even the Betsy-Tacy Companion! That one was a bit hard to get ahold of. I was born in Mankato (Deep Valley) so these books have always been a part of my family. We moved when I was 6 but still have family there. I can't wait to pass them to my daughter and maybe even my younger son while he's still young.

message 15: by Deb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb | 6 comments Rhonda, I sometimes read BT to the little ones (grade 2) at school. The boys like it because of the naughtiness of the boys in the first scene and the other incidents....