Nordic Noir discussion

Book of the Month > Book of the Month - December - And the winner is...

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee, the Insanity Check (last edited Nov 13, 2011 06:14AM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments Here ye, Here ye

What do you all desire as a group read in December. Nominate your books here.

Nominations will be open until the 20th and we will vote until the 27th.

Books nominated must be either stand-alone or first in the series

message 2: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments and i'm going to nominate The Boy in the Suitcase (Nina Borg, #1) by Lene Kaaberbøl

message 3: by Susan (last edited Nov 14, 2011 05:33PM) (new)

Susan (susanthomas) I'd like to try Sun Storm (Rebecka Martinsson, #1) by Åsa Larsson

message 4: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) I second Sun Storm

message 5: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments I am going to second the boy in the suitcase...

message 6: by Nidia (new)

Nidia (ninio) | 57 comments I will also second The Boy in the Suitcase since I already have it waiting on my Kindle.

message 7: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments Nidia wrote: "I will also second The Boy in the Suitcase since I already have it waiting on my Kindle."

I am actually getting ready to start it...buddy read????

message 8: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments i don't have it yet!

message 9: by Diane S ☔ (new)

Diane S ☔ I have The Boy in the Suitcase home as well so I also nominate that one.

message 10: by Dave (new)

Dave | 44 comments I'm starting The Boy in the Suitcase today, so count me in for buddy read or discussion.

message 11: by Nidia (new)

Nidia (ninio) | 57 comments Naomi, have you started The Boy in the Suitcase yet?
Dave, I know you are starting today, right?
I'll start tonight so I'm also ready for buddy read/ discussion too.

message 12: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments just remember this thread is BOTM nominations - i'm all for you guys doing buddy reads, but we still need some nominations and if you guys are reading one of the nominations now...

message 13: by Diane S ☔ (last edited Nov 17, 2011 04:22PM) (new)

Diane S ☔ How about Dregs by Jorn Lier Horst. This is the first book in a new series.

message 14: by Mary (last edited Nov 18, 2011 08:22AM) (new)

Mary I'm reading The Boy in the Suitcase now so I will second the nomination for
Dregs by Jorn Lier Horst.

message 15: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments The poll for the December Book of the Month is available here - http://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/52...

message 16: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments if you voted for the write-in, can you please re-vote, as it was in the original list of books - thanks

message 17: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments and the winner is The Boy in the Suitcase (Nina Borg, #1) by Lene Kaaberbøl

message 18: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) Great! I just bought it for my Kindle. Yay!

message 19: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments Wow..I have it set to read in a couple of days!! Talk about timing! It has to be back to the library by Dec. 6th!!

message 20: by Susan (new)

Susan (susanthomas) I have it lined up on my Kindle with a couple of other books I'm looking forward to in December!