Cover 2 Cover discussion

Questions On BOOKS! > Do You Ever Pick Books From The Cover?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I sometimes do, but eventually I read the back and I hate it

For Example: Matched SORRY ALL YOU MATCHED FANS!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I do all the time...but the if they are bad i don't get them.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) Yes. The exact point of a cover is for you to judge it. I always read the back before picking it though. I'm not going to pick a book with a bright pink cover with hearts on it. :)

message 4: by King JT (new)

King JT (easymoneysniper) | 18 comments I always see the cover to make sure its good.And if its greek mythology.

message 5: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 172 comments When I pick out book for my daughter, children's books, I do. But when I pick out books for me I never do. Most of the time I really like a book but hate the cover. I don't like when a cover has an actual person on the cover.

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori | 74 comments covers are usually representative--and should be--of the book/story/genre; so i'd have to say the cover is what gets me to take a book off the shelf and look it over--flap copy, back cover copy, flip through and read here and there, and also, read the first paragraph, to be sure that i want to read that particular book.

message 7: by Lori (new)

Lori | 74 comments Sydney wrote: "I do all the time...but the if they are bad i don't get them."

point made and taken. :D

message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori | 74 comments Charlotte- insert an inside joke here- wrote: "Yes. The exact point of a cover is for you to judge it. I always read the back before picking it though. I'm not going to pick a book with a bright pink cover with hearts on it. :)"

i agree with you, charlotte, except...i *will* pick up that pink book with hearts on it--to see if it's something--after thorough examination--that i want to read. what can i say? pink's my fave color and i love hearts. so that cover might pique my interest. most often, however, pink-and-hearts is *not* going to be something most of us want to read anyway. ;P

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I definitely pick books for the cover, and the title as well. If it's a great cover and a great title, I will definitely try reading it. I love covers that have a lot of black and bold colors on them. I tried to keep the importance of covers in mind as I made the covers for my books. :)

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 14 comments I tend to lean away from books with shirtless people on them, just saying.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

lol !

message 12: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Same with me. It's just... weird.

I do pick books because of the cover.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah me too.

message 14: by Kat (new)

Kat (kaitlins16) The cover is the first thing I notice about a book, then I check the description, pricing, length, etc before deciding to read it. It doesn't hurt if the book has a beautiful cover, though.

message 15: by Yuman (new)

Yuman (yumnaep) I tend to go towards books with interesting covers...pix that i think might show what a character in the book will be like (i.e. fun, bouncy, cheery, serious, tomboy, strange, cool, etc.,)
or the cover has a good effect on me so i think the book might also have a good mood <---MAIN REASON
or I just pick a book with a cool vintage or victorian design so I think it might be about classical olden days (kings, queen, ever-frolicking princesses [who seem to always end up being rebellious!]) I like those stories so I'd probably pick that book.

message 16: by Yuman (new)

Yuman (yumnaep) cover is what attracts me to the book, then the title, then i check the description and what it'll be about

message 17: by Danyelle (new)

Danyelle (danisbooks) | 5 comments me 2

message 18: by Nataly (new)

Nataly (natalyreads) Yumn♣ wrote: "cover is what attracts me to the book, then the title, then i check the description and what it'll be about"

I agree completely, that's exactly what I do.

message 19: by Erika (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) I always look at the cover because if I don't like it I won't even pick the book up. If the covers good then I read the back and go from there

message 20: by Hukumdeen (new)

Hukumdeen D | 8 comments No! i dont judge a book by cover. i always judge it by genere