Teen Writers discussion

Your Book Covers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Many of you have book covers for your books, here you can post them.

message 2: by shady boots (new)

shady boots (shadyboots)

Those are some. :D

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Where do y'all get yor pictures from? Just Google? Or do you actually photograph them? I recognise the writing from picnik, i think.

message 4: by shady boots (new)

shady boots (shadyboots) Yeah I found them on Google and just edited them with Picnik.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I thought so... I was thinking of doing that, however I was a bit put off by copyright... perhaps I will.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Those r sweet! :)

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex I tried to use Picnik and it never works. Someone always ends up doing it for me. :P

message 8: by Alexa (new)

Alexa SO PRETTY!!!

message 9: by Alexa (new)

Alexa Those are really nice!

message 10: by McKenna (new)

McKenna My covers suck. I usually jut find a picture of how I imagine the main character would look and use picnik to add the title. Any advice for awesome book covers?

message 11: by ichigo_menthol (last edited Nov 28, 2011 11:06PM) (new)

ichigo_menthol xD that doesnt suck! lots of books have the main character and title on the cover! like Paranormalcy/Supernaturally, the marked series, vampire academy, the iron king. lots of the creative writing covers too like Soul Fire and Guardian Angel. haha lots XD.

Just make sure the pic isnt shabby. You can also experiment with the photo, crop, play around with the filters, edit over them, add those fancy swirls or whatever they are in the corners and stuff...and instead of using the pic of a main character, you could also use a picture of something signifigant in the story eg. necklace....if its important haha.
Or something that symbolizes something important in the story? it could be a frozen scene from the story or something from an important scene from the book...like if you met your long lost sister in the coffe shop if could be coffee! or maybe something that hints to the type of book the story is? like if its a love story...it could be two people kissing, a love heart, hands entwined <3
Just choose a photo you really think will fit with the story. It usually takes me hours to find the perfect picture, then edit over it and stuff >.< but sometimes its really easy, and you already have the perfect picture in your head so all you have to do is add the title. Titles are important! Make sure you can see them and that they match the photos/theme/story if that makes sense haha. and if you're too lazy to do all that, not sure if you can, or you know someone who makes fantastic covers, then you can always ask someone to make it for you. You can also ask other people for ideas for a cover if you're stuck. Remember that covers are Normally what the reader first sees, they catch the readers eye. ^-^ hope that helped!

message 12: by McKenna (new)

McKenna Thanks so much!!!

message 13: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) $คгคђ wrote: "Where do y'all get yor pictures from? Just Google? Or do you actually photograph them? I recognise the writing from picnik, i think."

I take pictures so if I can photograhp it I will

message 14: by shady boots (new)

shady boots (shadyboots) My newest cover:

message 15: by ichigo_menthol (new)

ichigo_menthol that's really pretty fauzie!

message 16: by maybelater (new)

maybelater maybelater That is so... Awesome! :D

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I love it! :)

message 18: by shady boots (last edited Dec 15, 2011 12:15AM) (new)

shady boots (shadyboots) Thanks guys. <3 I'm sucker for covers with girls in dresses. xD

message 19: by Al (new)

Al (alstone) The Book cover for my debut YA fantasy book, Talisman Of El:

message 20: by ichigo_menthol (new)

ichigo_menthol That's true Victoria~

And that cover 'Talisman of EL' is cool. I like how the background is black so your eyes are drawn to the colour which is in the middle, and the author's name is a bright white so you automatically see that after. XD

message 21: by Al (new)

Al (alstone) ﻉммel ɮlαq☼ wrote: "That's true Victoria~

And that cover 'Talisman of EL' is cool. I like how the background is black so your eyes are drawn to the colour which is in the middle, and the author's name is a bright whi..."

Thanks, Emmel. Glad you like it. I try not to judge a book by its cover, either, but sometimes you can't help it. There are some cool ones here :)

message 22: by ichigo_menthol (new)

ichigo_menthol Me wrote: "sorry for the what-will-probably-be-really-obvious question, but how do you attach a picture? I read the (some html is ok) thing, but it wasn't too clear."

yeah it isnt very clear, i had that problem too. okay so what you do is type this in:

[image error]

message 23: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Alexis wrote: "Many of you have book covers for your books, here you can post them."

What's picnik?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

A photo editing site.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah :(

message 26: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) oh. So I can't use it?

message 27: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) oh. So I can't use it?

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

You can. It's available until April.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol.

message 30: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) OK.
Wait a moment, I'm confused...
You know what, whatever. Could you just send it to me?
And how do you post a picture IN a comment?

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Send what to you? Ton!noT you can help him with the pic thing...

message 32: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Send me the site of course.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

message 34: by ichigo_menthol (new)

ichigo_menthol Its closing :( but all the premium stuff are free now!! :P

message 35: by Mai (new)

Mai I am so freaking upset it's closing,does anyone know why?! Or better yet another editing site for free?

[image error]" width="40" height="100" alt="description"/>

This is one but it isn't my best! If anybody wants a cover for their stories, I do them, I've done covers for about 5 stories before!

message 36: by ichigo_menthol (new)

ichigo_menthol Maybe piknik wasn't getting enough money or something :P. Sorry, I dunno any other editing sites but there is Picasa! You can download for free and edit pictures but it isn't as good as piknik. You can put titles on though!

And I can't see your cover :/

message 37: by Mai (new)

Mai *Sigh* I guess but I am really upset it's closing:(

I'll try to repost it sometime but it's basiclly the cover of 'Between Heaven and Earth'!

message 38: by ichigo_menthol (new)

ichigo_menthol I know ;_; . is it in your photos?

message 39: by Mai (new)

Mai Nope, I'll add it right now and post it here ^-^

message 40: by Mai (new)

Mai description

message 41: by Mai (new)

Mai Ugh!! It's not showing!:( But it's in my photos now.

message 42: by ichigo_menthol (last edited Jan 29, 2012 01:45AM) (new)

ichigo_menthol okay, I'll go look now.

This is a spontaneous cover I made :) I just saw the picture and was like "THIS HAS TO BE MADE INTO A COVER!!"

I don't have a story for it, and probably won't write one :P too lazy, haha

message 43: by Mai (new)

Mai Wow that's awesome!!! Her eyes are really creepy...
I do the same thing! I get a picture that's amazing and make it a cover for a non-exsisting story!

message 44: by ichigo_menthol (new)

ichigo_menthol Thanks!! But I think the colour of the title looks slightly out of place....hmm...oh well! Yeahh the eyes are creepy *shivers* Lol thats funny, it's supposed to be story first but I guess it can go either way because a story can be made from the cover. Liike writing songs. It doesn't matter if you make the lyrics or the music first, as long as you get the complete song in the end!

message 45: by Mai (new)

Mai It doesn't, it totally fits!:) Haha they so are! You're totally right!

message 46: by ichigo_menthol (new)

ichigo_menthol :) thanyou, hehe.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Does anyone make book covers? I would like to hire... For free. :)

message 48: by Mai (new)

Mai ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Can you make one for my Blondie Randomness? Please?

message 50: by Mai (new)

Mai Sure!:) I'll go check it out then do a cover so I know what's it about.

« previous 1