Q & A with Lawrence M. Schoen discussion

Lawrence's Stuff > Paper Golem releases!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lawrence (new)

Lawrence M. Schoen (lawrencemschoen) | 24 comments Mod
I have the great pleasure to be the publisher behind Paper Golem, a small press specializing in speculative fiction. This thread is for your questions, comments, praise, and other feedback of the various anthologies and short story collections I've published.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (mergekat) | 5 comments Hi,
I'm ordering Sweet Potato Pie : and Other Surrealities at the book store, which also includes "The Amulet of Winter" (personal favorite). I originally read this one in the library book, Magic in the Mirrorstone. I liked the concept of the thief stumbling on to a power source that seems to also manipulate time (a science fiction element blended well into fantasy). Did you ever think of expanding on that story?

message 3: by Lawrence (new)

Kate,

That story is actually a chapter from a larger book that tells the story of young Aleks. Alas, the project is on hold at the moment as I write light, humorous SF novels about the Amazing Conroy and Reggie.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate (mergekat) | 5 comments Cool!

I can't wait to read the rest of the short stories. :)

message 5: by Lawrence (new)

Kate wrote: "Cool! I can't wait to read the rest of the short stories. :)"

I hope you find them to your liking, the collection covers quite a range of flavors, including one of the rare dark stories I've done, "The Game of Leaf and Smile."

I see you're up in Wisconsin. Will you be coming to the World Science Fiction Convention in Chicago next summer?

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate (mergekat) | 5 comments Still up in the air about it.
I'm trying to get a small group of friends to go, but the prices and scheduling may be a problem. Also I'm a 1-2 day convention person, so this membership info is tricky. Seems like they expect you to be part of some group or affiliation there. Is that the case?

message 7: by Lawrence (new)

No, I don't know anything about group affiliation. Come by yourself and meet new people, or some with friends and make more friends. Go to panels, heckle authors, and drop by so I can sign your book. :)