Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

I Hate Twilight

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Makenzie First of all Vampires Don't Sparkle And Can't Be vegetarians
Second Bella is a Mary Sue
Third There are too many plot holes

Give Me More Reasons

Sarah More reasons... uh... I just hate Bella. She's the most depressing character ever.... really depressing. I don't really like Edward either.

Gerd Pick a number and get in line...

Sable Wait...They call themselves vegetarian vampires?

Sigh...My respect for SM just went down a notch..,

Anna Edward is so pale and ugly and weird looking. He WATCHES HER WHILE SHE SLEEPS, I WOULD HAVE A BAD NIGHT-SLEEP.

Glinda the Gallifreyan First off, the relationship between Bella and Edward isn't healthy. Bella doesn't love Edward; she's obsessed over him, and obsession is a completely different thing than love. Is obsession healthy? One word: NO. Besides, I mean: vegetarian vampires? Really? I could go on and on about it, but I'll just stop there.

Kynslee i think these books are not even close to how good the movies are, they take to long to get to the point and thats why i think there dumb, they remind me of harry potter books! the movies are good but the books dont really get to me!

புழுதி Kynslee wrote: "i think these books are not even close to how good the movies are, they take to long to get to the point and thats why i think there dumb, they remind me of harry potter books! the movies are good ..."

Hey Mr.Kynslee,what do you mean they remind you of Harry Potter books?

message 9: by புழுதி (last edited Nov 13, 2011 01:22PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

புழுதி For one,the characterization and the plot is very shallow.And then you are like,"Let me wait.It must get better at some time".But the truth is Twilight sucks,and the books that came after suck even more.And there you are sitting with a headache and losing your general faith in humanity itself.

And one last piece of advice.Stop wasting your time on hating this.This doesn't deserve your time.Stephenie Meyer sure did earn a lot of money wasting hers and many other readers' ,but it's not gonna change anything.If you really wanna get back at her for ruining literature in general, understand the English language, write books, become bigger than her and get more followers than her and then the world will really listen to what you say.

message 10: by Will (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV I have an idea, how about you make another thread about it since 30 other ones isn't enough.

Arushi yeah these books sucked. well i read the first three. breaking dawn was too much. its such a waste. and the hype leading up to the books and omfg the movies....dont get me started.

its all pointless.

Arushi yeah honestly.
edward--i watch you when you sleep
bella--*swooning* how romantic !

how incredibly DUMB.

Southern Flower I am not a fan of Twilight or Harry Potter, but I read a lot so I am aware that there is much better literature to be had. I think these have become so popular because they are mind numbing and you have something to talk about with other non "true" readers. Plus the publishers behind these books have made it so you can't get a way from the hype... It's like Heidi and Spencer Pratt...ahhhhh *shudder***

AlbertaJenn Will wrote: "I have an idea, how about you make another thread about it since 30 other ones isn't enough."

Just 30? ;-)

message 15: by Will (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV AlbertaJenn wrote: "Just 30? ;-)"

Gahh! I can't be the only one who is annoyed by them all, right?

AlbertaJenn Will wrote: "AlbertaJenn wrote: "Just 30? ;-)"

Gahh! I can't be the only one who is annoyed by them all, right?"

No, you aren't the only one.

message 17: by Will (last edited Nov 13, 2011 11:57PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV AlbertaJenn wrote: "No, you aren't the only one."

Good, now all we need to do is form a committee and put an end to all of them!

AlbertaJenn Will wrote: "AlbertaJenn wrote: "No, you aren't the only one."

Good, now all we need to do is form a committee and put an end to all of them!"

Sorry, we have to have a meeting to form a committee.

message 19: by Will (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV AlbertaJenn wrote: "Sorry, we have to have a meeting to form a committee."

Oh, darn. Well, maybe we can form a club so that we can have a meeting so that we can form a committee.

message 20: by Anna (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anna I could say what this is in a single word. D..U...M...B. Why is everyone obsessing over something that is so darn cheesy and may I use this word...pathetic. I mean Edward watches her every chance he gets which is quite often by the way and not only that but he watches her while she sleeps because he can't sleep. I mean if he had to stand in my bed-room and watch me while I sleep I would personally have him blind-folded because his creepy yellow eyes would haunt me all night. He's so pale, ugly and total weirdo. By the way if anyone wants to I am making a group so anyone who wants to join just ask me.

message 21: by Julia (new) - rated it 1 star

Julia Okay. Uhhh...... so many reasons, so little characters....
Bella.
Edward.
She's too emotional,
He's too creepy.
Boring book,
Worse movie.....
No. One. Messes. With. Cedric. Diggory's. Attractiveness.
Now it's gone.
Thanks......

AlbertaJenn Will wrote: "AlbertaJenn wrote: "Sorry, we have to have a meeting to form a committee."

Oh, darn. Well, maybe we can form a club so that we can have a meeting so that we can form a committee."

Hmmmm... I'm sure that there needs to be a petition in there somewhere.

message 23: by Will (last edited Nov 15, 2011 08:06PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV AlbertaJenn wrote: "Hmmmm... I'm sure that there needs to be a petition in there somewhere."

You're probably right. I may want to survey a portion of the population as well, just to get a gauge on how the rest of the denizens feel about this.

AlbertaJenn Will wrote: "AlbertaJenn wrote: "Hmmmm... I'm sure that there needs to be a petition in there somewhere."

You're probably right. I may want to survey a portion of the population as well, just to get a gauge on..."

You need volunteers for the taskforce to create the survey?

message 25: by Will (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV AlbertaJenn wrote: "You need volunteers for the taskforce to create the survey?"

Well, I think it might be best to use those volunteers to organize a draft first to fill the taskforce positions needed to create the survey.

Jezebel I agree completely,
Not only does it destroy the purpose of the exotic vampire and mortal love story. Like Queen of the Dammed portrayed, but shows a very simplistic plot and character development. I read the first book and thats all I needed the twilight 'saga' doesn't even have a correct title name. 4 books is a cycle and Stephine Meyer obviously didn't know that.
This book is corrupting the literature culture.

message 27: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie I wouldn't say its "corrupting the literature culture". People will read what they want to read. Crap or good stuff. Make your choice. There just seems to be more choice of crap lately with paranormal romance.

Aditi *the bookworm* Burman Anna wrote: "Edward is so pale and ugly and weird looking. He WATCHES HER WHILE SHE SLEEPS, I WOULD HAVE A BAD NIGHT-SLEEP."

he look like he is sick.

message 29: by Aditi *the bookworm* (last edited Nov 25, 2011 09:55AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Aditi *the bookworm* Burman Bella is stupid and coward. Oh!Edward is her main dialogue. It makes me sick everytime.

message 30: by Adam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Adam No, no. It's definitely corrupting the literature culture. I was at the book store and heard somebody trying to explain Jane Eyre in terms of Twilight.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

There's a discussion called 'Hating Twilight' and it's about breaking dawn

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Makenzie wrote: "First of all Vampires Don't Sparkle And Can't Be vegetarians

Give Me More Reasons"

you gave it 5 whole stars....... and you hate it? what?

message 33: by Erin (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erin Well when Stephanie made Vampires sparkle that was her own idea... she made a new myth...you dont always have to stick to the old ones.

message 34: by Anna (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anna In Dracula when Count Dracula is brought into the sunlight, he doesn't sparkle....all he does is turn to dust, why doesn't Edward do the same thing? only like sparkle for a little bit then turn to dust. Our world would be saved from him and their romance....hopefully.

message 35: by Natalie (last edited Nov 30, 2011 08:33PM) (new) - added it

Natalie Anna wrote: "In Dracula when Count Dracula is brought into the sunlight, he doesn't sparkle....all he does is turn to dust, why doesn't Edward do the same thing? only like sparkle for a little bit then turn to ..."

...but wouldn't it be really boring if writers always copied what was in lit before?

A lot of people compare Meyers version of vampires as 'stupid' and lame because they don't comform to the custom norms of a 'vampire'. Meyer took what was out there and created something new. Wheather or not you like it is up to you, but I don't particulary believe in playing it safe and sticking to what pepole have done in the past.

Sarah Twilight? As a book? Meh.

message 37: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Julia wrote: "Okay. Uhhh...... so many reasons, so little characters....
Bella.
Edward.
She's too emotional,
He's too creepy.
Boring book,
Worse movie.....
No. One. Messes. With. Cedric. Diggory's. Attractivenes..."

And Kristen Stewart.She just plain pisses me off.

message 38: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Natalie wrote: "Anna wrote: "In Dracula when Count Dracula is brought into the sunlight, he doesn't sparkle....all he does is turn to dust, why doesn't Edward do the same thing? only like sparkle for a little bit..."

In Bram Stokers Dracula,he was able to walk in the daylight, but didn't sparkle.

Cookiemonster454136 Alright vampires do not sparkle thanks and when Edward does it, he looks gay NO OFFENCE INTENDED BY THAT COMMENT!!!!!!! And Bella is just... the most pathetic actress I've ever seen! What's with her face? I mean come on, and when you see her and Robert in the magazine they both look like they've been on crack, sorry but they are so depressing and terrible actors the world has ever seen and God forbid the movies aren't hated.

message 40: by Erin (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erin The reason I know Edward is gay because he sparkles

message 41: by Carly (last edited Apr 05, 2012 10:54AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Carly Just as a note, I don't hate Twilight, I dislike it. I did like some parts, but the majority of it frustrated me.

-Abusive/Controlling/Manipulative Relationship (from Edward's side mostly, but hell even Bella a bit)
-Shallow Relationship (Bella mostly)
-Lack of transition (characters switching opinions, sometimes an entire personality quirk without explanation)
-Descriptions when nothing is happening, lack of descriptions when SOMETHING is happening
-Characters don't change much over the course of 4 large books
-Minor characters are more interesting and underdeveloped
-Pedophilia and poor explanation to reason past it (the imprinting thing, which is supposed to be "animal", but what animal in the animal kingdom really DOES that?)
-Anticlimactic

ANNNNDDDDDD
***SPOILER***

-Jacob falls for Bella's child at the drop of the hat and quickly drops feelings for Bella when that happens. All too convenient to end the conflict.

-Meyer could have made Bella's struggle with becoming a Vampire so awesome...but no, because she hated the sight of blood before she was FINE. REALLY STUPID.

Matthew S. Makenzie wrote: "First of all Vampires Don't Sparkle And Can't Be vegetarians

Give Me More Reasons"

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but what are you accomplishing with this post other than to draw more attention to Twilight and the phenomenon?

People said the same thing about ABBA during the 1970s, yet millions bought their records and now ABBA is in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame and artists from Pete Townshend of The Who, Bono from U2 and the Foo Fighters have all praised their work and cite them as influences.

We may not like a certain style of music, or a book, but we can appreciate that so many others do. And if others find worth in Twilight, for whatever reason, we should respect that.

Cheers!

message 43: by Carly (new) - rated it 1 star

Carly Amanda wrote: "Check out Alex Reads Twilight on YouTube. They're a series of videos of this very cute British guy reading Twilight and ranting about how awful it is at the same time. It's HILARIOUS. "

Wow, great suggestion. I like. XD

Ashley Amanda wrote: "More reasons...um...the grammatical errors in the prose? The cliches, clunky dialogue, cheesy romance, poorly developed characters? The horribly anti-feminist message?

Check out Alex Reads Twiligh..."

Thank you for suggesting Alex reads Twilight, i feel my life is better for having seen it :)

message 45: by D.L. (new) - rated it 1 star

D.L. Carter AH, Twilight, a scholarly examination of a young girl's difficult relationship decisions - between Necrophilia and Bestiality.

Makenzie wrote: "First of all Vampires Don't Sparkle And Can't Be vegetarians

Give Me More Reasons"

message 46: by Carly (new) - rated it 1 star

Carly Dianah Leana wrote: "AH, Twilight, a scholarly examination of a young girl's difficult relationship decisions - between Necrophilia and Bestiality.

Makenzie wrote: "First of all Vampires Don't Sparkle And Can't Be ve..."

I smiled. :)