Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia discussion

First of All > Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakari (new)

Zakari | 240 comments Mod
Post what roleplays, book discussions, or games you would like to do here! I will take them into consideration and help this group grow.

message 2: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 317 comments As always, I love a fantasy rp.

message 3: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 237 comments Seconded!

message 4: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 317 comments I like any kind of adventure/quest kind of thing.

message 5: by Zakari (new)

OOH! Quest roleplay, coomin' oop!

message 6: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 317 comments Yay!

message 7: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 237 comments Awesome!

message 8: by Zakari (new)

I'll also set up a topic for figuring out the plot.

Other roleplay ideas?

message 9: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 237 comments Spy, perhaps?

message 10: by Zakari (new)

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE!

message 11: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 237 comments :D oooh~ maybe Inquisition! It'll be freaky!

message 12: by Zakari (new)

Eh? What is this Inquisition?

message 13: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 237 comments The Roman Inquisition and the Spanish Inquisition were two major branches of the Catholic Church, in charge of rooting out heresy. By rooting out, I mean the burning of books, torturing and burning (and other way of death) of men, women and children.

message 14: by Zakari (new)

Whoa. That is pretty freaky, and a good idea!

message 15: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 237 comments :) I hate it as much as witch hunts. It'll be cool if we are like, Jews or Gypsies…

message 16: by Zakari (new)

Gypsies are probably the most fun... :3 I think Antisemitism would bring in an unwanted religious air.

message 17: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 237 comments Into the group?

message 18: by Zakari (new)

Indubitably.

message 19: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 237 comments Hmmm…

We could try the French Revolution, I suppose.

message 20: by Zakari (new)

I'll start a Gypsy roleplay and that as well. =D

message 21: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 317 comments Sounds like wonderful rps!!!!!!!!!

message 22: by Zakari (new)

Teehee :3

message 23: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 317 comments How about a rp involving ghosts?

message 24: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 237 comments Cool!

message 25: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 317 comments ^_^Thanks!

message 26: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 237 comments Welcome~ we could have one about what happen after the end of the world…

message 27: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 317 comments An apocalypse? With nothing after?

message 28: by Zakari (new)

What? What do you mean with nothing after? That would be... kind of pointless, right?

message 29: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 317 comments There are post-apocalyptic books...

message 30: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 237 comments Yeah, like Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre !

message 31: by Zakari (new)

I've seen that book around. I should try to read it sometime. ^^

message 32: by Zakari (new)

Ji Mei ^_^ wrote: "There are post-apocalyptic books..."

I know, but there would be no post-apocalyptic if ther was nothing after.

message 33: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 317 comments I know that.

message 34: by Zakari (new)

Of course, there could be an after-life... But what kind? A terrible one, a beautiful one, or a too-good-to-be-true one?

message 35: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 317 comments Depends on which myth you're following. Maybe it is like Greeks where there are different afterlifes. We could have characters that didn't finish business and have to make it up in some kind of way.

message 37: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 317 comments So cute!

message 38: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 317 comments I was thinking of suggesting something and again, I saw this and I wanted to laugh. ;)

So... um, going back to the ghosts. So what if there is an apocalypse, then the post-apocalyptic world is some kind of ghost world where people are stuck and they are trying to get back to the real world?

message 39: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 4 comments Heeyyy, (I know I haven't been active in this group, but I really like this ghost rp idea) I hope you all don't mind if I pitch this idea: The apocalypse happens, wiping out all life on earth. Because so many people's lives were cut short without warning, many souls can't accept their fate and so cannot be at peace. As a result, many people are stuck in limbo between life and death. These ghosts can either wander the wastelands for eternity, give in to despair and become monsters, or finally overcome their sorrows and regrets and move on. This would be the backdrop for the rp; from there it could take a lot of different directions. Whew, sorry I'm so long-winded! I'm just excited.

message 40: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 317 comments Hiya, Andrea!!! I really like your idea! I knew we could do something awesome, I just had no idea what to do that new. But that sounds like a great back story. We should figure out what the overcoming does for ghosts and what can they do as ghosts.

message 41: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 4 comments Thanks :) I was thinking we would leave the "moving on" open to interpretation. I was thinking of it as actual death (as opposed to the ghostly half-death), so whatever your beliefs are about that could be what your character believes in the story (or not, up to you). Also, do you mean "what can they do as ghosts" as in what kind of ghostly powers do they have?

message 42: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 317 comments I'm fine with leaving the end open. ^_^ Yeah, ghostly powers. You'd think that they won't be able to touch anything, but perhaps as ghosts they have telekinetic powers? Or is the world they are in actually Earth or perhaps a ghost world?

message 43: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 4 comments I do like the telekinetic powers idea. As you said, it could be that they can't touch anything (except perhaps the ground, so that they could just walk on it like normal. An idea I had for the world they occupy is that it's kind of a ghost world that simply looks like a post-apocalyptic Earth (ruined cities, vast deserts, etc). ((We need to get Zakari on here so we can see what they think!))

message 44: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 317 comments It would be fun to describe a post-apocalyptic world. What do you think would end the world? Another world war?

message 45: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 4 comments Humorously enough, I hadn't really thought about that. It would have to be something rather abrupt and of cataclysmic proportions for my "sudden death" idea to work. The world war/nuclear holocaust idea is a bit overdone, but it would work pretty well. Alternately, perhaps a gigantic asteroid could hit the Earth? I don't really know, even after searching "ways the world could end" on google, haha.

message 46: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 317 comments Not even google! Ah! :P I'm thinking that the war stuff is over done as well. Along with a pandemic. An asteroid sounds good. Or maybe just many meteor showers and the solar flares?

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Enclave (other topics)