Reading Along With Friends discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Sign-Up > Sign-Up(December)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (behindonreading) | 15 comments Mod
Since this group is started too late in November, I thought it would be best to just have people sign-up to choose a book for the group for December.

So, what you do is leave a comment with
- Your name
- The title of the book you'd like to lead a discussion for
- The author of that book
- And a summary of the book.

On Saturday, the 26th, I will set up a poll with all of the books and the top five will be the books discussed in December.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them. Thanks!

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Lignor (httpwwwgoodreadscomalignor) | 4 comments How about Stephen King's new one 11/22/63? Or, if too much, Eragon's fourth and final came out - Inheritance?

message 3: by Christiane (new)

Christiane (cbrossi) | 3 comments How about The Dreamer, by Pam Munoz Ryan? It is based on Pablo Neruda's life when he was a child. It is beautifully executed and very quick to read since it is a children's book. This book received awards as well.

message 4: by Monica (last edited Nov 13, 2011 09:09AM) (new)

Monica I would like to nominate The Pledge (The Pledge, #1) by Kimberly Derting by Kimberly Derting for December.

Summary: Words are the most dangerous weapon of all...

In the violent country of Ludania, the classes are strictly divided by the language they speak. The smallest transgression, like looking a member of a higher class in the eye while they are speaking their native tongue, results in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina has always been able to understand the languages of all classes, and she’s spent her life trying to hide her secret. The only place she can really be free is the drug-fueled underground clubs where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. It's there that she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy named Max who speaks a language she's never heard before . . . and her secret is almost exposed.

Charlie is intensely attracted to Max, even though she can’t be sure where his real loyalties lie. As the emergency drills give way to real crisis and the violence escalates, it becomes clear that Charlie is the key to something much bigger: her country’s only chance for freedom from the terrible power of a deadly regime.

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Amy wrote: "How about Stephen King's new one 11/22/63? Or, if too much, Eragon's fourth and final came out - Inheritance?"

11/22/63 would work best, I think. I know a lot of people who have read the Eragon series, but I would prefer having the group read the other 3 together before reading the 4th. Thanks!

message 6: by Dominique (new)

Dominique | 8 comments Hello! How about 'The Shadow Catcher' by Michelle Paver? It's the captivating story of Madeleine who lost her mother at seven and had to face the harsh and difficult life with her newborn sister in her hands..

message 7: by Hannah (new)

The four of you who posted will definitely be leading a book discussion for December. I will be leading the other book discussion with The Hollow by Jessica Verday. Thanks for signing up everyone! I will be sending out messages with more details on how this works! Thanks again!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Hollow (other topics)
The Pledge (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jessica Verday (other topics)