What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Mystery of the Witches' Bridge
This topic is about Mystery of the Witches' Bridge
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Children's, historical, witchcraft, east coast. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by just another bookworm (last edited Nov 12, 2011 09:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

just another bookworm (samantha_89) What I remember of the book is that it takes place in the present time (and by that I mean probably 1990s because it's a rather old book)and is about a girl/boy living in an old house for a time period (probably summer).

It was a mystery book, but I can't remember what the mystery was about. Maybe the attic was involved?

The most vivid thing I remember from the book was that it was where I first learned about the method of placing bricks on a person to torture them to do death. (Cheerful, I know.)

I always want to say it's The Witch of Blackbird Pond, but I know that's not it.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38265 comments Mod
Samantha, are you still looking for this book?

Cornelia Shields | 51 comments This is probably "Mystery of the Witches' Bridge" by Barbee Oliver Carleton. (My favorite book EVER.) Dan Pride's ancestor Samuel is pressed to death.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Link for Cornelia's suggestion: Mystery of the Witches' Bridge

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38265 comments Mod
Samantha shelved and rated "Mystery of the Witches' Bridge" on Nov. 12, 2011. Maybe she realized this was her book right after posting?

She has left the group; normally in that situation we would move this to Abandoned, but since she shelved the book the same day she started this thread and since Cornelia's mention of the pressing to death is so specific I think we should call this Solved.