Horse Whisperers discussion

Favourite

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeane (last edited Oct 30, 2008 02:53AM) (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
What is your favourite Nicholas Evans book?
For me it is The loop, but ever one of his books are for me one the most beautiful books ever.

The Loop

message 2: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Atishay | 229 comments Mod
Hey Jeane ! I haven't read the LOOP but i have read 'The Horse Whisperer' and his latest one 'The Divide'. Both of them were superb. But for me, "The Horse Whisperer" would certainly take the number one spot. I want to read "The Loop". I can safely say Nicholas Evans is the best at reflecting human emotions and sentiments in his novels. He comes as close to real life and real people as possible.

message 3: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Also try the Smoke jumper!!

message 4: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Yeah, I will. Is that one also based in Montana ?

message 5: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Don't remember but it could be.

message 6: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Hmmm.. can't wait to read it.. it has great reviews

message 7: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 136 comments I've only read The Horse Whisperer, but I loved it. I will have to read some more Evans, not sure which one next.

message 8: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (acountkel) | 11 comments Hands Down The Horse Whisperer!!

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 17 comments I think Im headed for the library soon. LOL

message 10: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Thanks everyone for pitching in.
Yeah, Kelly, Horse Whisperer would be the favorite. But his other ones are great too.

message 11: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Maybe most similar to the horse whisperer is the smoke jumper. My favorite is the loop!!!!

message 12: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 17 comments Yes Jeane. Atishay was telling me about that and his other books. His review was so moving that it left me wanting to experience it for myself.

message 13: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
:-) I think we are sometimes almost doing the pr for his books!

message 14: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Exactly.. that was what I was thinking when I read the review I had written. Sounded almost like I was his manager or something.

message 15: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
:-))))

message 16: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Yahoo!!!! Another one!!! Hope you like them Fiona.

message 17: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Yeah, me too.

message 18: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) The Horse Whisperer was my favorite!

message 19: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Cindy which other books of him did you read?

message 20: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) I have read The Loop and The Divide and really enjoyed those also.

message 21: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
What do you think about The loop, cindy? It is my favourite but many people seem to like this one less.

message 22: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) I was hesitant about The Loop at first because of the wolves and I was scared it would be too sad for me! I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. I think I need to re-read The Loop and The Horse Whisperer as it's been a while since I've read either one and can't remember all the details! :)

message 23: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

I'm reading The Loop now and its awesome, has that same essence of Evans's writing that touched me in Horse Whisperer.

message 24: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Cindy wrote: "I was hesitant about The Loop at first because of the wolves and I was scared it would be too sad for me! I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. I think I need to re-read The Loop and ..."

Do reread them Cindy, they are both great. For me The horse whisperer more relaxing. The loop completely blowing away book for me and of course my favourite...