Stephen King discussion

Which 3 King novels are you most anxious to read next?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (ShannonCinderz) | 8 comments Of the King novels I have not read, which ones do I want to read next?

King writes a novel about as fast as we might put together a short story. It's incredible the variety and the amount of choices! I have much to catch up on, trust.

I never read Silver Bullet.
I have never seen the novel anywhere...

I saw the movie, and I loved it!!!
But just like most King movies, the book is better. So, I think this would be a good place to start.
Has anyone read that one?

But I think I might start with Bag of Bones.
This is the one I wish to read most as a "next" King novel.

I am not actually interested in 11/22/63
which is coming out any minute, but look forward to the reviews on it.

I don't know a 3rd novel to choose.
I want one of his greatest horrors and I cannot choose, so I am open to suggestions, anything ghost-story related or truly scary. I just don't know where to begin other than Bag of Bones.

message 2: by Rohan (new)

Rohan | 9 comments The reviews for King's latest have actually got me very excited. I read most of King's stuff, upto and including Insomnia, when I was in my teens. Now for the purposes of GoodReads I want to reacquaint myself with those old friends like The Tommyknockers or Thinner. Will have to do so as I'm not putting any of the novels up on GoodReads that I can't remember inside out. First up for me might well be Needful Things, as I cannot for the life of me recall the ending.

message 3: by Shannon (last edited Nov 12, 2011 05:51PM) (new)

Shannon (ShannonCinderz) | 8 comments Yes, the endings. I have this new problem that has creped up on me in the last decade. I cannot remember the endings of movies or books. Not always, but randomly, for no seemingly good reason.

Needful Things is a good read, I do remember, but because I cannot remember it all, I don't dare rate it either. I am in that same boat with you, Rohan! Only my boat is maybe something to do with age, and never on the part of the author. lol

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the most anxiois to read are:
1: Insomnia - The concepts of this one interest me, and I think that I would enjoy this one even though I have heard that it is slow moving ( like my favorite book of all time Bag Of Bones)
2: 11/22/63 - it's the newest one out * shrug *
3: Carrie - it's his first novel and I haven't read it. It is also one of his shortest novels.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Shannon was looking for one to choose: Skeleton Crew or maybe Desperation

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Christine is good

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I also really want to read Cujo

message 8: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (lexiz90) The Ones I'm anxious to read are Cell, Duma Key and I'm really looking forward to read 11/22/63 :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

New decision:
Reading Cujo now:
3. Lisey's Story
2. Salems' Lot
1. Firestarter