Walker Papers discussion

Urban Shaman  (Walker Papers, #1)
This topic is about Urban Shaman
No Dominion

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eliel (new) - added it

Eliel | 6 comments Mod
In Urban Shaman the heroine of our series meets Gary. Over the span of these many books, some of us have come to love Gary as a character and wonder after his back story.

Our real life heroine CE Murphy is running a Kickstarter campaign which will fund her through the writing of stories about Gary.

Help fund the project here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1...

Jennifer | 7 comments Finished NO DOMINION last night. Wonderful, wonderful book. I hope CE Murphy is able to get it published for fans of the Walker Papers who didn't buy into the Kickstarter campaign. I cried toward the end. The relationship between Gary and Annie was so real you didn't want to see it end. You wanted her to make it, even knowing she couldn't because Gary wouldn't be who he is now.

The very end was a bit of a shock, not because it's bad, but because I didn't see it coming for some reason. I don't know how much I will be giving away with this so small spoiler alert.

The beginning of the story overlaps with Raven Calls in that you get the last scene before Gary takes off with the wild hunt from Gary's point of view and I guess I expected another similar overlap at the end. While we do get Gary's perspective as the hunt comes out of the sky, NO DOMINION, ends as Gary impales the banshee and the ending seemed abrupt, but only because I was so involved in the story. To be honest, it does end where you would expect it to, I just wanted it to keep going because I have the audio version of Raven Calls and I couldn't immediately pull out the book and finish the scene.

I look forward to the rest of the short stories to come, I'm hoping for a little more insight from Morison some day.

Michelle | 1 comments I was like you, I cried at the end with Gary and Annie as well. I think that is when CE Murphy said she cried while writing it. I was also thinking that I need to re-read the end of Raven Calls because I didn't get that part about Gary impales the banshee, or I have forgotten it. I loved this story! It was so heartwarming!
I really really want to learn more about Morrison too! More than what was in the short story during Xmas. But I guess he is private and may not like it!!!!! :)

Larisa (msgodiva1) | 14 comments I horded "No Dominion" until a couple days ago, kinda like saving the biggest, shiny present under the tree to open last. Cry? Yep. Adore Gary *even* more? Yep. Here's hoping there are more stories with them, like Pamplona and New Orleans, in the future!

Wolf (WolfSilverOak) | 1 comments LOVED the book. I have the KIckstarter Edition, so got the 'bonus' story not in the general release edition.

THe photos by Kyle Cassidy really capture exactly what I pictured Gary to look like.

It was awesome to get a glimpse of Gary's past and see how he became the man he is today.

I will miss this series when it's finished.}:(

Chris Brandstatter (cabrand) | 7 comments The Kickstarter Edition was great! And I really enjoyed Cate's updates! No Dominion was great and really enjoyed Gary's story. So what is next??

Kel (Faerie-bookworm) (faerie-bookworm) | 9 comments I wasn't able to get it and I'm so bummed. I would LOVE to read it!

message 8: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Murphy (ce_murphy) | 18 comments Mod
How come you're unable to get it, Kel? There's a print edition, if you don't have a Kindle or Nook...http://www.amazon.com/dp/1613170300

Kel (Faerie-bookworm) (faerie-bookworm) | 9 comments Last I knew it wasn't out. Yay, I can get it now!

message 10: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Doris (patrickdoris) | 4 comments I am reading No Dominion on my breaks at work and I just came to the Petite story where the author strongly recommend reading Sprint Dancer ... Now I have Sprint Dance at least twice but I have halted a my reading and will re read Sprint before going onwards . Because the Author rocks and rules

message 11: by C.E. (new)

Hah! <3, Patrick. :) If you've read it twice you don't /have/ to re-read it before reading "Petite", but it might make the story even better if you do! You'll have to let me know! :)

message 12: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Doris (patrickdoris) | 4 comments I do not know if the story could be made any better. s I read it two hours after finishing Spirit Dancer and it made me cry .

message 13: by C.E. (new)

Patrick wrote: "I do not know if the story could be made any better. s I read it two hours after finishing Spirit Dancer and it made me cry ."

<3 <3 <3! :)