What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Looking for children's cross-section illustration book

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brett (last edited Nov 30, 2011 01:44PM) (new)

Brett (brettrai) Hello, I'm looking for a book that comprises of a series of images of cross sections a boat/ship

The images looked a bit like the scene from the film Steve Zissou:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/helloyel...

These images would depict very detailed scenes in each section. I remember reading this from a children's section in my local library in the early 90's if that might help with a publishing time frame. I remember this may not of been a for very young children as I remember some of these images were quite dark and offbeat.

To be clear this was not a reference or school book of blue prints on structure diagrams that had various descriptions (Like Stephen Biesty's books) or full moon soup

This is all I can remember, does anyone know this book? I would be really grateful for helpful reply's.

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (liralin) | 197 comments Both Full Moon Soup and Full Moon Afloat: All Aboard for the Craziest Cruise of Your Life! by Alastair Graham feature cross-section style illustrations. Both of these were originally published in the early 90s.

Amazon allows you to preview some of the pages on each book, and there are a couple of images on the author's website here: Full Moon Picture Books mini site. Click on the cover of one of the books to see an image from that book.

Not sure if these are what you're looking for, but figured they were worth a mention. :)

message 3: by Brett (new)

Brett (brettrai) Hi, thanks for the reply, I do remember a full moon soup, this is similar, but not the book I was looking for, does anyone know something close to Alister Graham's books?

message 4: by Brett (new)

Brett (brettrai) Bump :)

message 5: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4880 comments Sounds like Stephen Biesty's cross section work. Stephen Biesty's Cross-Sections Man-Of-War Stephen Biesty's Cross-Sections Man-Of-War by Stephen Biesty

Other books by Stephen Biesty:
http://www.goodreads.com/search?utf8=...+

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Brett has left the group. Moving to Abandoned.