Wolf Packs, Unimaginable Discoveries.... discussion

Loners Grounds > Cave of Shadows

Comments Showing 1-50 of 141 (141 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

Ivyscar ~Echo~ (EREakins) | 386 comments Mod
A big cave. Looks like: http://image.shutterstock.com/display...

Amy: PROUD DIRECTIONER (ravinxx) | 551 comments Mod
((So this is a place for Loners?))

message 3: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

((Well kinda. Since Night and Jay are running away from Lion Pack, I made this for them to live in and so Night can have her pups.))

((Okay cool))

message 5: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

Night slowed to a stop in front of the cave. She gingerly, cauticiously stepped down, avoiding the sharpest rocks.
Looks like something collapsed in here since last time I was here... she thought. She padded into the back of the big cave and breathed deeply. There, under the strong old rock scent, was the faintest trace of her own scent.

message 6: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

"What?" Night asked, not looking back as she began to clear some rubble away.

message 7: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

"Oh." Night padded out of the cave, looking sympathetically at him.
"Then where shall we go?" she asked.

message 8: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

Night stepped towards him, pressing her forehead to his chest. "I stayed here when I ran away before. It's completely safe don't worry." she murmured. As she stepped back, a snap of pain clutched her stomach. She gasped and fell to the ground.
"No! Not now!" she panted, swallowing back a howl of pain.
It's too early!!

Dahlia( Prehistoric Nut) (ILoveAnimals) | 326 comments Swift Fire continued to run, eventually leaving Lion pack turf. The scent was getting stronger, and she could also smell something else..."blood". Swift Fire could scent that Jay and Night were close by.

message 10: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

Night panted and gripped the stick. Pain surged through her and she clamped down on the stick as her stomach heaved. She but back a shriek.

((Everyone needs to make the pups now))

((I made mine))

message 12: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (last edited Nov 23, 2011 04:12PM) (new)

Night panted, howling as her stomach heaved again and a small brown pup slid onto the ground. Then again, a silvery-white pup. Then another, a black pup. Then again, another brown one. Then another, a red and black pup. And finally, a silver and black tiny pup slid out.

Dahlia( Prehistoric Nut) (ILoveAnimals) | 326 comments Swift Fire could hear a commotion and charged toward it, teeth bared. She looked down a slope toward a cave where jay was pinned down by a black and white wolf. She charged down the slope with the sun behind her, making her look like a ball of flame. She leaped and raked her claws along the side of the wolf, knocking him off balance. Landing a few feet away, she turned and looked back, in a attack stance growling.

message 14: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

Night panted, almost unable to breath. She gasped and her head fell back, and she was unconsious.

message 15: by Dahlia( Prehistoric Nut) (last edited Nov 24, 2011 04:42AM) (new)

Dahlia( Prehistoric Nut) (ILoveAnimals) | 326 comments Swift Fire could tell that Night was probably in labor. She relaxed, and turned toward the cave "we'll settle this later, right now I gotta help a friend. Jay get over here before you start a fight". Swift Fire made a quick observation of the attacker, smaller than Jay, grayish with a black stripe, and in his prime. Entering the cave, she got a bad feeling, Night lay knocked out on the floor with many furry bundles next to her. She charged forward and started licking the pups, helping them breath, "Jay"!

message 16: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

Night groaned and awoke again, her breath slowing down comfortably. She looked gratefully down at her pups. Then she noticed all the other wolves. She drew her newborn pups back with her tail and shielded them, growling.

Dahlia( Prehistoric Nut) (ILoveAnimals) | 326 comments Swift Fire elbowed Jay in the ribs and pointed her muzzle toward Night. She lowered her ears, "sorry for awakening you".

Blizzard stalked past the mouth of a cave, then backed up again as she heard voices coming from inside. She gasped as she smelled blood, then sighed in relief as she realized the scent was mingled with milk and sweat. Pups must have been born here! She thought, excited. "Hello?" She called, walking into the cave.

Dahlia( Prehistoric Nut) (ILoveAnimals) | 326 comments Swift Fire turned her head toward the entrance with her ears perked. Wanting to make a friend, she walked out showing no signs of dominance or submission " shhh, they were just born, I'm gonna get some food for her, wanna come?"

message 20: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (last edited Nov 25, 2011 04:59AM) (new)

Night drew her pups closer to her, licking them each in turn to clean them. She was still shaking slightly.
"Jay, I have some names I already want to name them." she whispered so only her mate could hear. She touched her tail lightly to the light brown pup with golden streaks.
"I want this one to be Sparrow Spirit." she murmured. Then she touched her tail to the silvery-white pup.
"And this one, Fading Destiny." she murmured again. Then she touched her tail to the black pup.
"And this one, Dimming Courage." she decided.

Dahlia( Prehistoric Nut) (ILoveAnimals) | 326 comments Swift Fire turned her head to Night, " I'm here to help you, not to force you back, I can leave if you wish, I do want to be friends with you". She looked on with concern.

Blizzard followed Swift Fire into the cave. "You... you were pack wolves, weren't you?" She asked in astonishment. "Well... you three were. I was, too! I was in Falcon Pack until I was seven months old. I left, and haven't returned." She began to get excited, realizing she could make friends with them.

Dahlia( Prehistoric Nut) (ILoveAnimals) | 326 comments " They were, I still am, I'm in lion pack, although I do kinda disobey sometimes". Swift Fire backed away, this was to crowded for her.

message 24: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

Night nodded. "I want everyone gone but Jay." she whispered. Too many wolves were around her pups and it was making her uncomfortable.

Blizzards tail drooped. "Oh, okay," she said. Maybe I was wrong... she thought.

Dahlia( Prehistoric Nut) (ILoveAnimals) | 326 comments Swift Fire patted Blizzard with her tail in a friendly way, "let them enjoy their family, come on". Swift Fire gave a small nod to the parents as a silent goodbye and left.

Dahlia( Prehistoric Nut) (ILoveAnimals) | 326 comments " You can meet my pack tomorrow if you like, right now I gotta go" Swift Fire said to the white wolf. She exited the cave and started running toward home, already a blur.

message 28: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

Night smiled at her mate. "It was too uncomfortable with all them around." she explained. Then she gestured to the other brown pup. "Can he be Swaying Oak?"

Blizzard trailed after Swift Fire. "Will they accept me again? After... what I did as a pup?"

Dahlia( Prehistoric Nut) (ILoveAnimals) | 326 comments (( she's already back at camp))

((okay)

message 32: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

Then Night looked at the smallest pup. "What about her? She's a runt..." she murmured, licking the pup. "Starry Ivy." she decided.

message 33: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

((I wrote that she was teeny tiny, smaller than her littermates...I thought that made sense she was the runt....))

message 34: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

((You didn't write that he was the runt....You just said he was really sick))

message 35: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

((I didn't see it, but sure))

Night then looked at Courage, twitching her ears. "Two runts? How unusual…"

message 36: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (last edited Nov 28, 2011 01:26PM) (new)

Night smiled and nodded, nuzzling her pups close to her belly so they could nurse.

message 37: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

((Awesome idea!!!!))

message 38: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

"I don't know yet Jay. I think we just need to wait." Night sighed, paying her head down and falling asleep.

((Can we have a time skip for one month. Night and Jay could have befriended Ransom, Septa and all them and the pups have grown a bit and we know what wrong with them all.))

message 39: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

Sparrow awoke slowly, yawning hugely. He looked up at his sleeping mother, then to Septa. He quietly squeezed from the sleeping crowd of his family and scampered up to his father, tail wagging.

message 40: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

Sparrow batted her stomache lightly. "Whynwouldnt I be? I went to bed so early last night!" he excailmed, a huge grin on his face.

message 41: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

Night's eyes flew open and she jumped to her paws. She looked around the den, wary and fear in her eyes. Then she relaxed slightly and looked at the ground. A small whimper came from her.

"Okay!" Sparrow chirped. He darted over and jumped back when his mother jumped up. "Woah, Mom!" he exclaimed, but he didn't seem scared.

message 42: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

Night looked up, her eyes sad. "Yeah. Bad dream. Sorry." she mumbled.

message 43: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

Night nodded, breathing deeply. "Yeah let's go." she said, smiling at Septa and leading the way out of the cave.

message 44: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

Night stopped and sighed to herself so nobody could hear. Courage had been weak since he was born, and it was hard to take extra care of him when she had five other pups to take care of. She padded back over to Courage and nuzzled him.
"Hey sweetie. Mama's going out to hunt so you can have breakfast, alright?" she said gently.

Ivy raised her head too. She looked around, and put her head back on her paws, eyes still open.

Sparrow trotted over to Courage. "Don't worry! I'll take care of you while Mom hunts!" he barked kindly, wagging his tail.

Oak bounded over to Sparrow and Courage. "Me too!" He barked, stumbling over his own paws.

message 46: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

"I said it first!!" Sparrow yipped and jumped playfully on top of his brother, tackling him to the ground.

Oak rolled underneath Sparrow and growled playfully. "So?" He yipped. "I can protect Courage, too!"

message 48: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

Sparrow yipped too. "But I'm much better at it!!" he squeaked.

Night licked Courage across the head. "That's my boy." she murmured. Then she padded out of the cave with Septa.

Oak lifted his head high and puffed out his chest. "But I'm bigger than you!" He teased.

message 50: by Ivyscar ~Echo~ (new)

"Are not!!!" Sparrow objected, puffing out his own chest and standing tall while pushing his shoulders back.

« previous 1 3