Good YA Series discussion

Harry Potter > Favorite Book?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Charmaine (new)

Charmaine Inah | 1 comments Share your Favorite book the amazing 7 :)

message 2: by Dana (new)

Dana (dana-lisa) The Order of The Phoenix

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

goblet of fire

message 4: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) chamber of secrets

message 5: by Bookbitten1 (new)

Bookbitten1 | 2 comments Goblet of Fire for sure!

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) My favorite has the be The Sorcerer's Stone just because that was the introduction to everything, to Harry, his friends, and the world of Hogwarts. Harry Potter was the first major series I read after that I was hooked on reading series.

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 41 comments I think my favorite is order of the Phoenex

message 8: by Amber (new)

Amber | 3 comments The last one was the best one when it comes to her writing. It was so visual. But my favorite for storyline was the third book because it introduces us to Sirius Black, and I loved the traveling back in time thing. Also, you've got to love it when Hermonie hits Malfoy in the nose.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Bookbitten1 wrote: "Goblet of Fire for sure!"

yeah goblet of fire fans

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Amber wrote: "The last one was the best one when it comes to her writing. It was so visual. But my favorite for storyline was the third book because it introduces us to Sirius Black, and I loved the traveling ..."

hahahaha malfoy so deserved it don't ya think

message 11: by Eilish (new)

Eilish (eilishization) Amber wrote: "The last one was the best one when it comes to her writing.

Yeah the seventh book was the most compelling because of the whole fugitive thing. I loved all of them, but for me, the best was probably order of the pheonix. I cried my eyes out when Sirius died though, he was a fantastic character!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Eilish wrote: "Amber wrote: "The last one was the best one when it comes to her writing.

Yeah the seventh book was the most compelling because of the whole fugitive thing. I loved all of them, but for me, the be..."

I cried my eyes out as well in the theater it was so embarasing I also cried when dumbldore died-couldn't help myself

message 13: by Eilish (new)

Eilish (eilishization) Aw Dumbledore and Dobby dying were awful, also Fred Weasley's death was terrible! the movie adaptions were fantastic though i loved them almost as much as the books even though they changed alot

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah know what ya mean I mean same here with dobby and fred it was so sad

message 15: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalways) | 305 comments Mod
i'd say my favorite was deathly hallows because i thought it each book got better and better as the series progressed. this book got the most emotion out of me; it was mostly tearful emotion though.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorites are the Deathly Hollows and the Half-Blood Prince!

message 17: by Eilish (new)

Eilish (eilishization) They're such an amazing series in general! has anyone read the His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman? there on par with how good Harry Potter is.

message 18: by Claire (new)

Claire | 9 comments Prisoner of Azkaban - it's more about Harry. i even have to fav chapters

Cat, Rat and Dog and Moony,Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs!

message 19: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 1 comments I really liked the first one, seeing as how all of the characters were young and innocent and you were still getting used to Hogwarts and everything. (Norbert!! ...a)

The second was fairly good as well, I liked the premise and the writing was excellent.

As for the third, I only kind of liked it because Sirius was in it. I don't know, personal preference.

The fourth was the epic of the epic. I think I liked this one the most because it had the most action, it wasn't too dark yet, and come on...who doesn't love dragons?

The fifth was...eh...I don't understand what's so great about it.

The sixth...eh...okay, I guess...

The seventh was a really good conclusion and one of my favorites. It's too bad so many people died. (Fred...Dobby...Tonks...Lupin...) I'm angry Sirius didn't die HERE. I knew he was going to die, but, Rowling should've made it here. He died to early. //tear

Yeah, so that's that.

message 20: by Sayyeda (new)

Sayyeda (literaryhues) | 9 comments The Goblet of Fire :D
I think it was the last year where there was a happy tone to the books, and the movies as well.
And really, you've got to love the part where Malfoy turns into a ferret :D

message 21: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Rebecca wrote: "I really liked the first one, seeing as how all of the characters were young and innocent and you were still getting used to Hogwarts and everything. (Norbert!! ...a)

The second was fairly good as..."

It broke my heart when Sirius died. I didn't want him to die at all. I can't help it I am a major sucker for happy endings. Sirius is one of my favorite characters.

message 22: by Shaina (new)

Shaina | 42 comments The half-blood Prince was my favorite book, I'm not even sure why, I just have that stuck in my mind.
But the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was the most amazing movie I have ever seen, and the best HP movie BY FAR!

message 23: by Cyrille (new)

Cyrille Goblet of Fire!!! The plot is VERY VERY strong in this one! It shows the true genius of J.K. Rowling.

Sara (♥ hearts Alec Lightwood♥) | 28 comments I like The Order of Phoenix

message 25: by Erin (new)

Erin Ashby | 2 comments Order of the Phoenix because I like my fantasy/sci-fi dark and depressing! Although Prisoner of Azkaban was incredibly fun to read. I remember staying up til 4am white knuckling that book... Good times.

message 27: by Astoria (new)

Astoria  (astoriamalfoy) | 5 comments Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows just because reading and watching Molly scream "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU B*TCH" to Bellatrix was pretty epic and amazing.

message 28: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1 comments Book 6 I think. I used to say book 5 as well but I think I've read it almost TOO often. Almost. ;)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

2# Chamber of secrets was the most entertaining for me :D

message 30: by Liz (new)

Liz (dizzy8izzy) | 3 comments first prisoner of azkaban cause it was just awesome and then deathly hallows, sad it ended but damn what a great ending!

message 31: by Minouschka (new)

Minouschka (minous) | 7 comments Prisoner of azkaban and goblet of fire .....but I have to be honest .....even order of the phoenix, half blood prince and deatlhy hallows are amazing, it was just too bad some good charaters died. I stayed up all night to read the books. but as a true harry potter fan, all the books are amazing.

message 32: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Spencer | 1 comments Order of the Pheonix is definitely my favorite, but loved them all.

message 33: by Aɴɴᴇ (new)

Aɴɴᴇ Oɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴅɢᴇ ᴏғ ᴍʏ sᴇᴀᴛ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ғᴀʟʟ ɪɴᴛᴏIan Kabra (litch02717) | 2 comments Goblet of Fire.. poor Cedric :'( Deathly Hallows is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!

message 34: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Lin | 2 comments Goblet of Fire. So amazing!

message 35: by Aneta (new)

Aneta Bak Prizoner of Azkaban or Deathly Hallows

message 36: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesskingxoxo) I only read the first book and I didn't love it so I stopped but by the sounds of it I'd probaly like Goblet of Fire because Edward off Twilight is in it! LOL!!!

message 37: by Rhiannon (new)

Rhiannon (mcrhi) | 1 comments I think It's Goblet of fire for me x

message 38: by Erika (new)

Erika | 4 comments Goblet of fire

message 39: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelsea2436) I really enjoyed the first one, it was the start of something amazing. It's were everything begins, just reading about hogwarts for the first time is so special. I have only read the first three books in the series (i'm a sad excuse for a harry potter fan, i know) but i would still have to say the first one is my favourtire.

message 40: by Christen (new)

Christen | 7 comments Deathly Hallows and Goblet of Fire :)

message 41: by C.C. (new)

C.C. | 29 comments Still Vampire Academy Series, The Hunger Games and The Immortal Instruments (Just until the 3rd book).

I crossed Dark Elite Series out of my list because the 3rd book fell flatter than a board.

message 42: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Mae | 6 comments The Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling Deathly Hallows definitely! I love it because it is the end and the war is so epic. When Harry fought with Voldemort and revealed about his mistake, kept me reading it again and again. I cried when Severus Snape revealed his secrets, super sad. And when the teachers placed spells on the school was awesome I had goosebumps reading it! :D Ahhh..need to read this book again! :D

message 43: by Varsha (new)

Varsha Goblet of Fire was pretty good...
But, Deathly Hallows was amazing!!
Deathly Hallows for me!

message 44: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiejh) | 5 comments Goblet of Fire, especially the ending was my no.1 favourite, and the Order of the Pheonix was probably my second favourite.
But I also really loved the Deathly Hallows as well, so I'll make that my third!

message 45: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 3 comments They are all amazing reads, but I have always been partial to the firsts in series. The books that introduced you to the worlds and caught your attention to begin with :)

message 46: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisapfeffer) Harry Potter
and the Sorcerer's stone

Jess (AKA shortstuff) (shortstuff83) Either Harry Potter and the philosophers stone (the English title) or Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets

message 48: by Käte-marie (new)

Käte-marie | 9 comments Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, even though the movie was like the worst thing I have ever seen in my life and I wanted to rip my eyes out.

message 49: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilybannister) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows or Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I felt they just had a great plot and ending!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Deathly Hallows, Goblet of Fire, Prisoner of Azkaban, Order of the Phoenix

« previous 1