Q&A with Rhi Etzweiler discussion

Blacker than Black
This topic is about Blacker than Black
Book Discussions > BTB Discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 154 (154 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Rhi (last edited Nov 12, 2011 06:38AM) (new) - added it

Rhi Etzweiler (rhianonetzweiler) | 255 comments Mod
This thread is for questions and discussion about BTB.

message 2: by Rhi (new) - added it

=)

I'm hoping we'll have an excerpt soon, so everyone can get a little taste of it.

message 3: by Rhi (new) - added it

I'm over at Ebook Addicts today with a guest post titled, "You're Doing It Wrong... Right?" about the "chicks with dicks" analogy, and trans* characters in BTB.
Check it out!

message 4: by Rhi (new) - added it

First scene excerpt up on my blog: http://rhianonetzweiler.blogspot.com/...

message 5: by Aiko (new)

Aiko I'm not the biggest fan of vampires. I don't know why, but there are exceptions, and I liked the excerpt. Looking forward to your book :)

message 6: by Rhi (new) - added it

My vampires do not:
Sparkle
Suck blood
Die in sunlight
Sparkle in sunlight
Have damned souls
Scream when sprinkled with holy water
Stalk under-aged girls 300 years younger than them
Shape-change into bats
Have fangs
Sparkle
Have the ability to "change" anyone into a vampire
Like the name "vampire"

I hope this helps.
Or at least makes you laugh.

message 7: by Aiko (new)

Aiko *snicker* Good thing you mentioned sparkle three times. It's worth underlining ;D Good God...sparkling....

message 8: by Rhi (new) - added it

Aiko wrote: "*snicker* Good thing you mentioned sparkle three times. It's worth underlining ;D Good God...sparkling...."

The sunlight! It does not kill me, it makes me PRETTY.

*insert eyeroll here* Yeah. Like fool's gold in the summer sun.

message 9: by Aiko (last edited Nov 20, 2011 08:18AM) (new)

Aiko I agree with my sister about that series. The whole thing would be so much better if they all died in that final battle :p (and still I've read them all....)

message 10: by Rhi (new) - added it

Aiko wrote: "I agree with my sister about that series. The whole thing would be so much better if they all died in that final battle :p (and still I've read them all....)"

I got squicked at the idea that a 300 some odd year old man would find anything attractive in a teenager. I can't wrap my brain around it. Someone mentioned that it's because he's attracted to her reincarnated soul, but I still struggle with the suspension of disbelief. Also, the angst. LOL. It's unending! There are other concepts of the series and story line that are compelling, but I'm of the firm opinion that Bella is getting in the way of the Awesomeness that would be the Edward/Jacob bromance...

message 11: by Aiko (new)

Aiko Rhi wrote: Bella is getting in the way of the Awesomeness that would be the Edward/Jacob bromance... "

This! ;D That's a version I'd enjoy. But then again, I've already read a vamp/wolf story I actually enjoyed. (Blacque/Bleu)

message 12: by Aiko (new)

Aiko Morg wrote: "But.. but. Buffy/Spike? I love Buffy/Spike. :("

I've never managed to watch more than 1st season of Buffy. And I completely ADORE Josh Whedon.

message 13: by Aiko (new)

Aiko Morg wrote: "Aiko. I'm withdrawing my proposal. Now this is too much off-topic again haha."

hehe, how do we always manage to do this? Sorry Rhi >.<

Sarasaya I LOVE Buffy and Spike!

umh...

sorry.

*slowly backs away, turns and walks out of sight*

message 15: by Rhi (last edited Nov 20, 2011 09:29AM) (new) - added it

Aiko wrote: "Rhi wrote: Bella is getting in the way of the Awesomeness that would be the Edward/Jacob bromance... "

This! ;D That's a version I'd enjoy. But then again, I've already read a vamp/wolf story I ac..."

Oooh, I loved Blacque and Bleu... *laughs* And I promise I discovered that book after I had chosen Black, Blue & Red for my character nicknames.

Spike is hawt. He and Angel would be perfect together...

Sarasaya Morg wrote: "Rhi, they practically are in Angels own show."

Yup, they hate/love each other. In "Angel" they are sooo cute.

message 17: by Aiko (new)

Aiko Morg wrote: "Rhi, they practically are in Angels own show."

what have I missed out on now??

message 18: by Rhi (new) - added it

Aiko wrote: "Morg wrote: "Rhi, they practically are in Angels own show."

what have I missed out on now??"

I know, right? Same here. *huffs* I gotta buy that series in season sets or something. I am missing out on all the love/hate emo drama...

message 19: by Aiko (new)

Aiko Do I have to watch Buffy to enjoy Angel?

Sarasaya Mmmm, you'll understand a lot of things better (especially during the 5th season of Angel) but no, you don't need to, they are two separate things.

message 21: by Rhi (new) - added it

Sarasaya wrote: "Mmmm, you'll understand a lot of things better (especially during the 5th season of Angel) but no, you don't need to, they are two separate things."

Oh, that's good. Because the original Buffy movie with Luke Perry will always be "Buffy" in my mind. Not that... whatever the hell that is.

Sarasaya Nooo Rhi..that movie is horrible XD
The first 3 seasons of Buffy are stupid and for kids. The last 4 are more dark, deep and complicated. Like "a lot" more dark.
I have...umh..all the dvd..*cough*

Sarasaya Me neither. ;)

message 24: by Rhi (new) - added it

The original movie was hilariously AWESOME.

"The rest... is silence."

=D
I'm dating myself horribly. But without it, none of those series would've ever been born. So... neener neener.

message 25: by Aiko (new)

Aiko Morg wrote: I'm not addicted. :)"

Sarasaya wrote: "Me neither. ;)"

Yea I totally believe you both..mhm..

Sarasaya Rhi wrote: "The original movie was hilariously AWESOME.

"The rest... is silence."

=D
I'm dating myself horribly. But without it, none of those series would've ever been born. So... neener neener."

LOL you're right.

message 27: by Rhi (last edited Nov 20, 2011 09:58AM) (new) - added it

Morg wrote: "Rhi, horrible movies are best movies. All my favourite movies are total shit haha."

I know exactly what you mean. I love my favorites for a reason, and that's all that matters... frankly I think the Fast & Furious movies make a better gay-for-you love story than Brokeback Mountain... LOLOL.

Horribly off-topic. Yet again. *sighs* I give up. *laughs*

message 28: by Aiko (new)

Aiko I'm just happy the blame aint put solely on me ^^ Scatterbrains all around!

message 29: by Aiko (new)

Aiko Morg wrote: .. Do we even have a general off-topic thread here?

Every topic is a general off-topic thread here ^^
And Brokeback Mountain was just freaking tragic...>.<

message 30: by Rhi (last edited Nov 20, 2011 10:21AM) (new) - added it

Aiko wrote: "Morg wrote: .. Do we even have a general off-topic thread here?

Every topic is a general off-topic thread here ^^
And Brokeback Mountain was just freaking tragic...>.<"

There were a thousand different screenplays, surely, all yammering to be The First Brave Gay Love Story. And yet that one is the one that got the label. Even top billing actors couldn't save it. They just got it noticed...

And yeah, every thread is off-topic around here. Mostly because conversation is organic, and I'm not the subject police =D

(Discussion thread titles are just... ideas. Conversation starters. LOL.)

Sarasaya I watched Shelter! Really nice and almost fluffy.
I was shocked.

message 32: by Rhi (new) - added it

Morg wrote: "They're merely suggestions, Rhi ;)

And yeah. Sure. Take the one story where gay cowboys cheat on their preggie wives and die. Sorry, spoiling. But yeah, very good, positive choice. While as an act..."

I have a few friends in the film industry.
I'm thinking I might try to finagle Black onto the screen. Somehow. Bribery and wheedling and blackmail and such might need to enter into the equation, but I think it would be perfect...

message 33: by Aiko (new)

Aiko Rhi wrote: I'm thinking I might try to finagle Black onto the screen. Somehow. Bribery and wheedling and blackmail and such might need to enter into the equation, but I think it would be perfect... "

If all that fails, you can always use brute force.

message 34: by Rhi (new) - added it

Aiko wrote: "If all that fails, you can always use brute force. "

Me. Brute force. LOL.

Sarasaya Aiko wrote: "Rhi wrote: I'm thinking I might try to finagle Black onto the screen. Somehow. Bribery and wheedling and blackmail and such might need to enter into the equation, but I think it would be perfect......"

I'm with you.

message 36: by Aiko (new)

Aiko Rhi wrote: "Aiko wrote: "If all that fails, you can always use brute force. "

Me. Brute force. LOL."

Me, Sara and Morg can be your intimidating muscle. Sara has a whip. True story.

message 37: by Rhi (new) - added it

I scorn whips. I prefer the four 7' leather straps. They're more versatile. Make great restraints. Although the 550 cord is great for that also...

Sarasaya Awwwww Rhi...*_*

message 39: by Aiko (new)

Aiko Rhi wrote: "I scorn whips. I prefer the four 7' leather straps. They're more versatile. Make great restraints. Although the 550 cord is great for that also..."

See...you won't have problems convincing some movie people to do your will. Easypeasy!

message 40: by Rhi (new) - added it

Almost! *tries to stop bouncing and focus on writing*

message 41: by Aiko (new)

Aiko Rhi wrote: "Almost! *tries to stop bouncing and focus on writing*"

*take away coffee* There...that should fix the problem (see! I come in handy!)

message 42: by Rhi (new) - added it

Noooo.

Step.Away.From.The.Coffee.
[image error]

message 43: by Aiko (new)

Aiko oh-oh....*run away screaming*

message 44: by Rhi (new) - added it

Official announcement's over in Riptide's group thread. Release date's shifted to the 24th of December for BTB.
...Uh, happy holidays? =D

(I do apologize.)

message 45: by Aiko (new)

Aiko ooohh! That'll be like waking up to a long awaited book in my Christmas stocking. I can live with that. Dad usually fills it with booze and fruit and random puzzles (yea...) so all in all an improvement in my opinion :)

message 46: by Rhi (new) - added it

*lol* Well consider this my way of filling it with Reese's Pieces, candy cane Kisses, and King Size Kit Kats. =D

message 47: by Aiko (new)

Aiko Right now I love you most of all ;p

message 48: by Rhi (new) - added it

Heh. ;) It's okay, I promise not to tell.

message 49: by Rhi (new) - added it

Lisa wrote: "I unfortunately felt nothing but sadness about this news. At least it is still coming out in December. "

I am very, very sorry. :( I have a number of family members who were also very excited about seeing this one come out as well, and they're not thrilled about the delay. C'est la vie, that's the publishing industry... Sometimes schedules have to be tweaked.

BTB is -huge- though. A full-length novel, over 100k. The process of getting it from manuscript to publication-ready and print-quality format is arduous.

The long read will hopefully make it worth the wait!

message 50: by Rhi (new) - added it

Ha! Well, you could go read about Cinnamon & Nutmeg if you haven't already... ;) Pass the time and all.

« previous 1 3 4