Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) Beyond the Highland Mist discussion


174 views
Fantastic series

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patricia If you are looking for an author who will wow you with her stories, Karen Marie Moning will absolutely captivate you. The highlander series, how should I say this, "HOT", way too hot, well, that sums it up for thousands of people who became Karen's followers to her next series the Fever series. Check out Karen Marie's facebook page and you'll see the proof of just how many people have been captivated. Her stories are totally awesome.


Mary Great books.


Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!) Thanks for the suggestion....gonna check out some of her stuff now :)


Jill I have read all her fever series and they were awesome, looking forward to reading the Highlander series.


Elayne The Highlander series should really be read before the Fevers as you will find out as you meet the characters Jill..but nevertheless you will definately enjoy these "big handsome guys"....I certainly did!


message 6: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee i liked the later ones in the series - once the mackelter's were introduced, the first ones were ok but not great, but Phil Gigante did the narration for the audiobooks, which his female voices aren't so great, his male ones are awesome


Jill Elayne wrote: "The Highlander series should really be read before the Fevers as you will find out as you meet the characters Jill..but nevertheless you will definately enjoy these "big handsome guys"....I certain..."

Yeah when I read the fever series I picked up that I was missing something, but now I have books to fill in the time between now and when the new series about Christian Dan I and ryodan comes out. Love Christian mckeltar:-)


Kimi I would definitely say that it is true that the Highlander series is great. Because of the way that each book seems to focus on a couple people, it reminds me of BDB but they are completely different. I've only read the first two Highlander books but I'm completely loving it. I actually read Fever first but I didn't like Fever very much at all. Once I started reading it, I mostly just had to know what would happen despite my annoyance with the characters and plot. I can't say the same for Highlander. I absolutely love the first two books and I can't wait to finish the series. I suppose I should take it slow because I always hate when a series is over.


Kimi Dee wrote: "i liked the later ones in the series - once the mackelter's were introduced, the first ones were ok but not great, but Phil Gigante did the narration for the audiobooks, which his female voices are..."

I agree about the voices but I'm used to Phil now. I wouldn't be able to read if it wasn't for the audiobooks. I'm way too tired at night during the week. I listen to the books at work all day. It's great! LOL


Patricia Everyone who enjoyed the Highlander series by Karen will also enjoy Monica McCarty's Highlander series which starts with book The Chief. Monica is getting great reviews from this series as well (not paranormal but still excellent with hunky highlander ops).


Ashley-Anne Dee wrote: " Phil Gigante did the narration for the audiobooks, which his female voices are..."

I dont know why, when they record for audio books, they dont have two readers: one for the women and one for the men


message 12: by Kimi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kimi Ashley wrote: "Dee wrote: " Phil Gigante did the narration for the audiobooks, which his female voices are..."

I dont know why, when they record for audio books, they dont have two readers: one for the women a..."


Lol yeah! I wish they would do that with Night Huntress because the woman killed Bones voice! Also with Vampire Academy. She messed up Adrian's voice. British accents have to be perfect for me.


Carole I loved The Fever series and the Highlander series. I also read Melissa Mayhue highlander series which was great. Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband (Daughters of the Glen, #1) by Melissa Mayhue


Patricia A suggestion....if anyone likes reading Suspense Romance, you should check out Pamela Clare's I-Team series. Absolutely phenominal reads!!! (not historical nor is it about hunky Scottish lads) Brilliant none the less!!


Patricia Everything
Monica McCarty writes are wonderful stories and you'll drool over the hunkiest of highlanders ever!


message 16: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee sometimes they do - the later audiobooks in Christine feehan's Dark series are duel narration, ditto with the later ones in Suzanne Brockmann's Trouble-shooters series - i'm seeing it more and more now, but not so much with older books

Kimi wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Dee wrote: " Phil Gigante did the narration for the audiobooks, which his female voices are..."

I dont know why, when they record for audio books, they dont have two readers: one fo..."


Ashley wrote: "Dee wrote: " Phil Gigante did the narration for the audiobooks, which his female voices are..."

I dont know why, when they record for audio books, they dont have two readers: one for the women and..."



Gabe's Mom I found the book boring and trite. I gave it ten chapters and then tossed it aside.


Marilyn I have read the book 3 times and fine the book a fun read that enjoy the carters.


message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Patricia wrote: "If you are looking for an author who will wow you with her stories, Karen Marie Moning will absolutely captivate you. The highlander series, how should I say this, "HOT", way too hot, well, that s..."

I first started reading KMM books while browsing the library shelf for something...interesting. I came across the cover of Dark Fever and from there I read her Highlander series and believe me, they are scorchers!

Enjoyed them all :)


message 20: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn I have read the whole highlander series and fever series and she is my favorite author. I just love those Kelter highlanders too and Adam Black. I have read the highlander series at least 4 times so far


message 21: by Pam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam I have the whole Karen Marie Moning highlander series and its great. I found the first book by accident. I also have the whole McCarty highlander series too.Its also great. You can't miss with either one.


Marilyn Carole wrote: "I loved The Fever series and the Highlander series. I also read Melissa Mayhue highlander series which was great.Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband (Daughters of the Glen, #1) by Melissa Mayhue"
I agree with you on the Melissa Mayhue series!!


Marilyn I love the Highlander series to. Another fantastic series is Lynsay Sands Argeneau Vampire series.


message 24: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Marilyn wrote: "I love the Highlander series to. Another fantastic series is Lynsay Sands Argeneau Vampire series."

I have the Argeneau Vampire Series also. I love those books too! Have you tried Kerrelyn Sparks' Love at Stake Vampire series? That's another great one!


back to top