Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Wicked 2 Watch > Hunger Games

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Who else is stupid excited for this in March????

message 2: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 143 comments Me..me.. I'm stupid excited.

message 3: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I can't wait! I'm getting my tee shirt so I can wear it to the midnight showing. :)

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan | 135 comments I just saw the trailer and am excited to see it. I think I can wait til March :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) March is so close! I'm used to books taking forever to come to screen, but they only started filming a few months ago, and that was immediately after casting. The entire process went so fast.

message 6: by Leea (new)

Leea Loved the tailer and it got me really excited. I devoured these books and I can't wait to experience them on the big screen.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I guess I should share it here, for those who hadn't seen it.

Full length preview :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-5ANq...

message 8: by Leea (new)

Leea I can't stop watching it... haha!!

message 9: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) Me, either! It's going to be amazing! I can tell!

message 10: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I know! I just watched it twice on Good Morning America with my husband.

message 11: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i finally just finished up Mockingjay - can't wait to see this...and it comes out right after my birthday

message 12: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I could watch the trailer again. It just made me shiver!

message 13: by Courtney (new)

Courtney  | 337 comments It somehow gave me shivers, too, Wendy, and I haven't even read the book!

message 14: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Nov 14, 2011 11:22PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) This one is so worth the read, especially if you have any intention of seeing the movie. I think knowing the story before seeing the movie will make it even more emotional. I already know which scenes are going to make me cry.

message 15: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I highly recommend reading the book.

message 16: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

It looks BLOODY amazing, and it looks as though they are sticking really close to the books as well.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) The author co-wrote the screenplay, so I think it's going to be pretty close.

message 18: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) she was pretty involved in the casting too IIRC - so they are obviously how she imagined the characters...so all the ppl saying that Jennifer Lawrence doesn't look like Katniss...hmmm

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I don't think Jennifer Lawrence looks like how Katniss was described, because even with the spray tan, her skin isn't olive. Also, she's not emaciated or starving in appearance.

BUT...the movie did a kick butt job with shaping her into the character. At least they did dye her hair and style her to look like Katniss, so I am willing to accept her in the role.

I was skeptical about Josh for Peeta at first, but he really does fit the body frame for Peeta to a t. He's such an awesome and humble person too, that it's making me love him even more.

Gale...whatever. He's not how I pictured Gale, but I'm okay with it. I'm okay with all of it by now. The rest of the casting - Haymitch, Prim, Snow, Effie, Rue, etc. was all pretty good actually! Cinna threw me, but again, whatever. The movie is going to be great and by the time I'm done watching, I'm sure everyone will have convinced me.

message 20: by Courtney (new)

Courtney  | 337 comments I've been trying to get a hold of The Hunger Games but haven't tried too hard. I do plan to read the book before I watch the movie, though.

message 21: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Nov 15, 2011 03:29PM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) Stacia ~ far from home wrote: "I don't think Jennifer Lawrence looks like how Katniss was described, because even with the spray tan, her skin isn't olive. Also, she's not emaciated or starving in appearance.

BUT...the movie d..."

My only beef is that I always pictured Katniss a little shorter in stature. That's about it. I can buy into her as the part as long as she's a convincing actress.

I knew from watching Josh in Bridge to Terabithia that he'd have the emotional capacity for Peeta's role. Love him!

Gale, meh, I don't care b/c I am not a Gale fan in the books. lol

I am excited to see Lenny Kravitz as Cinna just b/c he's a sexy beast. He doesn't fit the profile in the book, but I think he'll be great.

I think the supporting cast will be great!

message 22: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Am I the only one that thinks Gale is perfect??? Lol, I think Chris Hemsworth.. (it is Chris, right?) is the perfect Gale... I hate how in the pictures, it looks like Peeta and Kat are the same height, as I didin't get that impression from the books.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Liam is Gale. Chris is Thor. They're brothers.

message 24: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Nov 15, 2011 03:44PM) (new)

Oh... Lol. I did know that.. Really!!

message 25: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Nov 15, 2011 03:44PM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) You can see the similarities, but I'm more of a Chris fan! :)

message 26: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Chris is definatly Hotter, no doubt... But I like Liam too... Much better looking In The Hunger Games, than he was in The Last Song, IMO... And Chris to me is Jamie Fraser.. Lol... Damn, but he would make a great Jamie

message 27: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) Shell wrote: "Chris is definatly Hotter, no doubt... But I like Liam too... Much better looking In The Hunger Games, than he was in The Last Song, IMO... And Chris to me is Jamie Fraser.. Lol... Damn, but he wou..."

I think so, too, Shell! Dye that man's hair various shades of red, auburn, orange and let's see how he looks! lol

message 28: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Chris is DEFINITELY the best Jamie.

message 29: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn I haven't read the books, yet *ducks*. But watching the trailer definately made me excited to read them.

message 30: by Leea (new)

Leea Woot Woot!! Agreed ladies :)

I find it funny that no matter what we talk about... it all comes back to Jamie. I'm so excited to reread the series in Jan. Yay!

message 31: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I know right, It never fails.

message 32: by Leea (new)

Leea It's because he's the perfect man... without being perfect :)

message 33: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

which is exactly what makes him perfect...

message 34: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 13 comments My 16 yr old girl is wanting to read this series is it O.K for her or should I put her off for awhile.
She has not read any book with steamy love in them yet, What do you all think? Please give your honest op.

message 35: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

It would be fine... there are NO steamy love scenes in any of the books... So she would be okay... There is alot of sadness, but then there is triumph as well.. it invokes deep feelings for sure.

I have encouraged my 14 year old to read the series..

message 36: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 13 comments Shell,
Thank You so much for letting me know, I think I'll let her read it.

message 37: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I think 16 is a find age to read this book. 14 too, depending on the maturity.

I'll say that the only thing to warn people about is that it is a violent story.

message 38: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) Leea {Expressive and Feisty} wrote: "It's because he's the perfect man... without being perfect :)"

Couldn't have said it better myself, Leea!

message 39: by Jackie (new)

Jackie I just teared up a little watching the trailer. LOL Definitely excited for March!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Victoria wrote: "My 16 yr old girl is wanting to read this series is it O.K for her or should I put her off for awhile.
She has not read any book with steamy love in them yet, What do you all think? Please give yo..."

My son read them at 15 and I had no worries about letting him read the books.

Best thing to do if you're not sure is to read them first yourself. Look at all of us adults gushing over the books. I read them and loved them, then my son read them and loved them, then we managed to bully my husband into reading them and he loved them too.

These books appeal to all ages and both sexes I think.

message 41: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

100% Agree Stacia... See this is why your rock the khasba.

message 42: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) read them together - or something like that - my mom used to do that with me when I wanted to read something she wasn't sure about

message 43: by Xia (new)

Xia (xiat) | 24 comments AlbertaJenn wrote: "I haven't read the books, yet *ducks*. But watching the trailer definately made me excited to read them."

Same here

message 44: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) I only just read/listened to the books in the last month

message 45: by Holly (new)

Holly | 1 comments Stacia ~ Waiting in Vain wrote: "The author co-wrote the screenplay, so I think it's going to be pretty close."

That is good to know! I love it when the authors are really involved in the making of the movie. I think it makes a big difference in the final outcome.

message 46: by Leea (new)

Leea [image error]

I can't wait for this movie :)

message 47: by Wan (last edited Dec 03, 2011 10:53AM) (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 143 comments Gale looks so yummy in this picture. (Don't kill me Wendy -- I think I prefer him to his brother, Chris.:-))

message 48: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) LOL!! No killing here, promise.

He's attractive, but I think that there's something about his face that I just don't like. I'm definitely a Chris girl.

And look how cute Peeta is... that movie's going to be awwwwesome!

message 49: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 143 comments OMG! I didn't realize.. Peeta's the kid from Zathura and Bridge to Terabithia. All grown up.

message 50: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Yep, that's who it is! It always shocks me when kids grow up. I feel like it wasn't that long ago that I watched Bridge to Terabithia with my daughter and he was so young.

« previous 1