The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1) The Secret Hour discussion

Too many swears........?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ziyue I think that there were too many swear words in here. What do you think?

Ziyue Yeah they were well written. I liked them a lot:)

Ziyue Yeah

Rebecca i didn't really think so, but then again, catcher in the rye is my favorite book ever and Holden doesn't have the cleanest of mouths. lol.

Either way they were great fun. I Have 13 little thumb tacks lining the window in my room. ~_^

Ziyue Rebecca wrote: "i didn't really think so, but then again, catcher in the rye is my favorite book ever and Holden doesn't have the cleanest of mouths. lol.

Either way they were great fun. I Have 13 little thumb t..."

Haha, that's cool ^.^ my favorite number is 13 =D

Nicole I've read worse.

Emily Well read Sarah Dessen and you will not like it if you don't like swearing because there is a TON of it.

Christi Too many?? I only read like 5 in the whole series!! (Most got crossed out by the dude who had the book before me...I was mad and happy at once.)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ I hate books with a lot of swearing, I usually put them down. But I didn't even notice in this book!!

message 10: by Sage (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sage Given that the main characters are teenagers, the swearing makes the book more realistic. Anyway I didn't notice the swears.

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 08, 2012 03:32PM) (new)

I didn't read any swears in this book??!!

Even if there was, it seems appropriate, as its a young adult book about young adults and young adults swear.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ Fantastic writing is right! (no pun intended)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ I am going to start the second one when I finish the book in reading now

Ziyue Charlie I luv Gale Hawthorne wrote: "I am going to start the second one when I finish the book in reading now"

read them!!

Ziyue I'm on team gale too! really random

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ Awesome! Bonjour fellow team gale member

Ziyue Hola chica team game member/ fan! And I'm so half on team finnick too but mostly on gale's side. (view spoiler)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ So sad. I don't hate Finnick, but I don't love him either

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ So sad. I don't hate Finnick, but I don't love him either

Ziyue +.+ *and the funeral song starts

Gerchia It's a really good series, I'm just peeved that my library doesn't have the 2nd and 3rd books. I would love to read them.

Ziyue Gerchia wrote: "It's a really good series, I'm just peeved that my library doesn't have the 2nd and 3rd books. I would love to read them."

Can you buy them?

Rahel Abraham whats the big deal lots of people swear and in relation to this book particulary their teenagers and teenagers swear much worse than these kids

Gerchia Mimi wrote: "Gerchia wrote: "It's a really good series, I'm just peeved that my library doesn't have the 2nd and 3rd books. I would love to read them."

Can you buy them?"

I would but my bookstore doesn't have the series in stock anymore, bummer.

Pandora I found strange that someone is complaining about the swearing. I don't remember the swearing in the whole triolgy. I guess I was too busy wondering if there going to be one decent adult or I would even settle for adult role model. Never found one. Even SE Hinton as a teenager manage to fit in one adult role model in The Outsiders - the older brother Darryl. Beside her point was that a lack of adult guidance is a pretty awful thing. The lack of a decent adult for me was pretty big because I am adult.

I didn't like any of books in the series. I had other problems but, the lack of adults headed the list. I explained the rest in my review.

Kirsten I didnt read that many swears.

Ziyue Gerchia wrote: "Mimi wrote: "Gerchia wrote: "It's a really good series, I'm just peeved that my library doesn't have the 2nd and 3rd books. I would love to read them."

Can you buy them?"

I would but my bookstor..."

Have you tried borrowing the books from other libraries? I forgot what it's called but you can do this thing where you ask your library to ask for the book(s) that you want from other libraries.

Aurora This? This book series is minimal compared to some other books I've read.

Angela I didn't even notice the bad words. Maybe a couple, but nothing to notice. Strange Angels had way too many.