Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Janet Tronstad
This topic is about Janet Tronstad
Special Celebration for the Weekend! Free book and/or free song!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 167 (167 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by JanetTronstad (last edited Nov 11, 2011 04:31PM) (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
I'm feeling particularly blessed right now (hopeful signs on my sister's cancer) so I am throwing a giveaway weekend party for my friends (even the ones I haven't met yet).

Here's the deal. I'm giving away free copies of the Mail-Order Bride book I wrote with my good buddy, Jillian Hart. I know Jillian gave away some copies here, so this is for the people who didn't get one from her (between the two of us, we should be able to cover all our friends here in the LIH group).

I am also giving away free MP3 copies of the full song I wrote (the You Tube I did and showcased here only has part of the song). The song, called Denim Sky, is now up on Amazon as an MP3. You can find it by looking searching the 'all products' in Amazon with my name. You'll have to scroll through a couple of pages of book listings to get to it. (edited -- I went back and found the link for the YouTube so here it is) --

Montana Quilting Song http://youtu.be/CUHryjL-pug

I will need your email to send you the song and your address to send you the book (just send me a message here on Goodreads with the information on how to get either of these to you).

Both are free, but I'd love it if you could post a review of them where you can. And I'm hoping you have a wonderful weekend!!

message 2: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (mitzi_wanham) | 64 comments i would love one of your books, Janet. Thanks for asking.
address is

Marianne Barkman
R.R. #1
Wanham, Alberta
T0H 3P0

message 3: by JanetTronstad (new)

I'm happy to send you a copy of Mail-Order Bride, Marianne!

message 4: by Vickie (new)

Vickie McDonough | 7 comments Janet,

I love mail-order brides books. That's awesome that you're a songwriter too.

I'd be happy to post a review. Please contact me at fictionfan1@me.com as I prefer not to list my address here.

Vickie McDonough

message 5: by Lorie (last edited Nov 11, 2011 03:57PM) (new)

Lorie | 3 comments I'd love a copy of the book too Janet. I love Mail order bride stories! My e-mail is laiadams@tds.net.

message 6: by JanetTronstad (new)

Vickie and all -- no need to post your information here. Send me a message through Goodreads (click on my photo and you will come to a screen -- it says 'send a message' - click on that and you will send a private message to me).

message 7: by Michele (new)

Michele Minor (mminor1985) | 35 comments I would love to receive one of your books.

message 8: by JanetTronstad (new)

Thanks, Michele, send me a message with your address through Goodreads (click on my photo and that will take you to the page where you can send me a message privately).

message 9: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 35 comments I'd love a copy too! camille(dot)buffenmeyer(at)gmail(dot)com

message 10: by JanetTronstad (new)

I realized I needed to put up some balloons and throw some confetti around so it feels like a party!!

message 11: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wfnren) | 15 comments I would love to have the book. Thank you for doing the giveaway.

message 12: by JanetTronstad (new)

Thanks, Wendy!

And, I went back and put in the link to the You Tube so you can all hear part of the song (with some cool depression era photos)!

message 13: by Angela (new)

Angela Holland (bookaunt) Janet - I just sent you a pm. Thank you for this offer

message 14: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3 comments Janet, what a generous offer. I just sent you a private message. Prayers going up for your sister. Have a blessed weekend!

message 15: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wfnren) | 15 comments Janet, I watched the you tube when you first put it up, liked and posted it on my Facebook page.

message 16: by JanetTronstad (new)

Brenda -- thanks for the prayers for my sister (she needs surgery again and is scheduled for Dec 5 this time -- her third surgery and I'm grateful she is still eligible for the surgery)!

Wendy, thanks for posting my YouTube on your Facebook. I am just tickled pink with the song (my friend did the heavy lifting on it, but I never thought I could write a song so I'm proud as can be).

message 17: by Judy (last edited Nov 11, 2011 05:28PM) (new)

Judy (sweetpeajudy) Janet, I'd love to have a copy of your book. Praying for your Sister. Please keep us posted. I will send you a private message for my address.

Blessings!

message 18: by Kate (new)

Kate (liahonagirl) Thanks so much, Janet! Sending you a PM right away! :)

message 19: by JanetTronstad (new)

Great, Judy and Kate. I hope you all know how much we authors like to make contact with you here on Goodreads. It's a real treat for us to get to know our readers.

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (welachild) | 66 comments Janet, I'm glad things are looking good for your sister. I'd love to read your new book! I'll send you my info. I looked on Amazon and if you pick Mp3 in the pull down menu of the search bar, your song will come up right away without having to search through pages. I will post it on my Facebook too (great idea Wendy!).

message 21: by JanetTronstad (new)

Thanks, especially for the prayers for my sister. Although your tip on Amazon is great, too. And thanks for posting the song on your Facebook. I am so proud of the song (mostly because I never knew I could write a song!) --

message 22: by Tifferz (new)

Tifferz | 5 comments Janet-
I would love a copy of Mail-Order Bride! Congrats on another book!!!

Cheers,
Tiffany

I have moved so please email me tifferzbookreview@gmail.com for my current address!

message 23: by Paula (new)

Paula Hi Janet!
Thanks so much for the giveaway party! I love your Dry Creek books and I'd love a copy of your Mail-Order Christmas Brides book. I'm sending you a PM now.

Love the song, too! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

message 24: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 147 comments Janet, my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. She came through surgery and radiation treatments successfully. Now I see that you have many blessings to celebrate. :)

message 25: by JanetTronstad (new)

SF -- How wonderful that your sister is doing so well. My sister is marching forward with all of her treatments like a brave soldier, but we are only able to take it one step at a time. Thank you for your concern. I am so happy that my sister has treatment options.

message 26: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4947 comments I won this on the holiday forum for guessing golden delicious Apple. looking forward to getting read this book.

message 27: by JanetTronstad (new)

That's right, Ausjenny -- and I know Jill gave out a few more here. I'm just trying to gather up the readers who haven't already been promised one.

message 28: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 18 comments Janet - just sent you a pm :)
Thanks for the opportunity! I'm hoping I'm not too late, but I understand if I am...I'm always so late getting to these parties! Will be praying for your sister - and the family. I know this isn't an easy time for you all. Now I'm off to check out this famous song!

message 29: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 18 comments Okay- I'm back. That was a really great way to gain attention for your books! Catchy lyrics and upbeat tempo...I'm impressed! Great job, Janet!

message 30: by JanetTronstad (new)

Thanks, Amanda. And I'll be sending a book to you. Again, thanks for the prayers for my sister.

message 31: by Melody (last edited Nov 11, 2011 10:27PM) (new)

Melody | 2493 comments I'd love a copy, didn't get one from Jillian, though she usually sends me hers. :) You two are so the best! :)

message 32: by JanetTronstad (new)

Happy to send you one, Melody. Just send me a message through Goodreads with your full name and address. I know you've sent it before, but I don't keep addresses. Just click on my photo and there will be a link that says 'send message' == that keeps it private.

message 33: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Ah thanks much!!! :) That's fine you don't keep them, not a big deal at all. I sent ya a message. :)

message 34: by Carol (last edited Nov 12, 2011 12:54AM) (new)

Carol (lucky47) | 11 comments Hi Janet,
Thanks for this giveaway party.I'd love your book. Mail Order Brides and the old West are reads I enjoy. Thanks for the generosity. :) Will send a message with my info. Thank you.
Carol L.
Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

message 35: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Hi Janet, so glad to hear there are good reports for your sister, I have read your book and dont know much about MP3 music, not up on tech stuff but just wanted to let you know you are thought of and wished a happy celebration for the weekend with friends. Friends make life happier and easier at times.

message 36: by Leah (new)

Leah (goodreadscomleahd) | 4 comments Hey Janet. Thanks for the giveaway!
I would like the book. I'll send you a message with my address.

message 37: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 138 comments Sounds like a great party, Janet!

message 38: by JanetTronstad (new)

Great to see everyone here already this morning. Since it is a party, I'm going to pass around some pastries and coffee (or tea or orange juice -- whatever you prefer).

message 39: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (goodreadscomdeborahduran) | 10 comments Having a beautiful morning and I know my day will only get better. I've had the orange juice and am enjoying a little coffee. Pray each of you are having a wonderful day too.

message 40: by JanetTronstad (new)

Thanks for stopping by, Deborah! There's nothing like a beautiful morning, is there?

message 41: by Susan F (last edited Nov 12, 2011 11:47AM) (new)

Susan F | 147 comments My cup of tea is piping hot. And I do have weakness for pastries. :) Janet, am I correct that you have a new Christmas in Dry Creek book out now? Edit: I just went back and looked, of course you do, Sleigh Bells in Dry Creek.

message 42: by Martha (new)

Martha (bookmark_it) Sending prayers of thanks for your sister, Janet, that she will continue to have hopeful news. I would love to read your Mail-Order Brides book. I'll send you a message with my address. (I also need to post my review for Sleigh Bells for Dry Creek; I loved it!)

message 43: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (goodreadscomdeborahduran) | 10 comments Each day i have is blessed but it seems I am having woderfuldays more often lately. Throw in a good book and it gets even better. I truely enjoy everyone's conversations.

message 44: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (goodreadscomdeborahduran) | 10 comments Seems I still cannot spell lol

message 45: by JanetTronstad (new)

LOL, Deborah -- no one can spell anymore!

Martha -- thanks for the prayers for my sister.

message 46: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4947 comments Think we need a big chocolate cake with a pic of the cover on the top.

message 47: by JanetTronstad (last edited Nov 12, 2011 04:26PM) (new)

Now you're thinking, Ausjenny! And I love chocolate -- cake, cookies, candy. Chocolate is the king! And they do those photo cakes so it wouldn't be that hard to have a cake with a photo of the cover on it. Very nice thinking.

message 48: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 147 comments Ausjenny, that sounds awesome. I can arrange flowers to go on the table. ;)

Janet Marie Dowell | 153 comments I would love a copy of Mail Order Bride.......I will send you my address
Thanks Janet!

message 50: by Melissa (last edited Nov 12, 2011 03:42PM) (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 305 comments Janet, Im sending prayers for your sister.

I would love to read and review your Mail Order Brides book! =)
Im almost finished with Sleigh Bells for Dry Creek (Love Inspired and Im going to post a review on goodreads and my reading blog..just as soon as Ive finished reading it. =)
its great!! thanks!
I will send you a goodreads message with my mailing address.

« previous 1 3 4