The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion


222 views
Which book has a better love triangle, The Hunger Games or Twilight? Why?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 130 (130 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

AnnieB I personally think that Hunger Games has a better love triangle. All the way.


Jennifer Dupriest Yeah... I agree. For some reason I liked The Hunger Games love Triangle better.


Danielle Hunger Games only because the triangle is not what the whole book is about.


ღIsabellaღ the hunger games because in twilight it, in my opinion, wasnt really a love triangle because bella didnt really debate over who was she going to chose. and the hunger games love triangle was really intense kind of:)


Alpha Hunger Games Love Triangle was more of a love triangle in retrospect but the Twilight Saga's love triangle was more intricate since the entire saga is primarily teen romance while the Hunger Games Trilogy is not.

I however loved the Hunger Games Trilogy Love Triangle more since Katniss isn't all lovey-dovey and confused over her feelings for who she wants or needs to be with. On a personal sidenote, every love triangle takes a backseat to the one in Fight Club.


Danielle The Alpha Jan wrote: "Hunger Games Love Triangle was more of a love triangle in retrospect but the Twilight Saga's love triangle was more intricate since the entire saga is primarily teen romance while the Hunger Games ..."

Well said! I agree with all except the part about the fight club but that is only because I haven't read or seen the movie, so I don't know anything about the triangle.


Mochaspresso Neither one of them are geniune love triangles, in my opinion. In Twilight, Bella knows all along that she wants to be with Edward. The conflict isn't over which boy to choose. It's more about finding a way to be with that chosen boy. In the Hunger Games, the conflict has nothing to do with which boy to choose either.


AnnieB I disagree. THG love triangle is one of the best love triangle I have ever read...personal opinion.


Rosa Deleon I agree with all those who said that The Hunger Games love triangle was better because in my honest opinion it was but,as we all know there is no correct answer because this is all based on our feelings and interpretation of the story. Now the reason I liked it better was because the Hunger Games love triangle was intense and unpredictable while in Twilight I believe it is more of an obsession that Jacob has towards Bella and Bella is just an indecisive hormonal teenage girl who wants the best of both worlds and can not decide. As I said before this is just my opinion and am glad that we all hold different views to this topic. :)


Molly Hunger Games because it was a real love triangle. In Twilight, everyone knew that Bella was going to end up with Edward. Edward wouldn't have been painted as so utterly dependent on her, and she wouldn't have worshipped the ground he walked on if that wasn't the case. Not to mention, the first guy seems to win in a lot of these books lately. Even in the Hunger Games, the first guy Katniss dated/had a romantic relationship with was the one she ended up with.


AnnieB Rosa wrote: "I agree with all those who said that The Hunger Games love triangle was better because in my honest opinion it was but,as we all know there is no correct answer because this is all based on our fee..."

HIGH FIVE!!!!!!!!


Andrea The Alpha Jan wrote: "I however loved the Hunger Games Trilogy Love Triangle more since Katniss isn't all lovey-dovey and confused over her feelings for who she wants or needs to be with. On a personal sidenote, every love triangle takes a backseat to the one in Fight Club. "

^YES. Fight Club has the best...and most awkward love triangle in the history of love triangles.

However, for this discussion, I'd have to go with THG. It's a true love triangle because Katniss has conflicting feelings for both Gale and Peeta, and she honestly can't choose. Hell, I couldn't either.


AnnieB i have never read Fight Club. what is it about?


Andrea *GASP* You've never read Fight Club?! Perhaps you've seen the movie with Brad Pitt? It's an amazing book written by Chuck Palahniuk.

"The first rule of Fight Club. You never talk about Fight Club."


Andrea *GASP* You've never read Fight Club?! Perhaps you've seen the movie with Brad Pitt? It's an amazing book written by Chuck Palahniuk.

"The first rule of Fight Club. You never talk about Fight Club."


AnnieB ok? ill look it up on the internet. it sounds good! :)


Cassidy The Hunger Games, deffinatley. In my opinion Twilight was very... predictable I guess. In The Hunger Games you never know what's going to happen. And I absolutley LOVE PEETA(:


AnnieB DITTO


Kirby whoa, whoa, now...I think anne is 12- is that right, anne? even though you seem like a very mature young person, I definitely do not think you should watch or read fight club for at least a couple more years!


AnnieB *sighs* fine


message 21: by Sami (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sami I like the Hunger Games love triangle better- it was sweeter...


Kirby Anne wrote: "*sighs* fine"

aw, now I feel like such a kill-joy...but, hey, gives you something to look forward to, right? :)


AnnieB haha! dont feel bad! im putting up Christmas decorations right now. AHHHH. im really excited! so...wats up?


AnnieB I'm glad to have another side to the discussion!


Andrea Kirby wrote: "whoa, whoa, now...I think anne is 12- is that right, anne? even though you seem like a very mature young person, I definitely do not think you should watch or read fight club for at least a couple..."

Oh! I feel like a schmuck now! Anne, yes, wait at least a couple of years before reading or watching Fight Club. It's not that you wouldn't grasp it, it's just...a seriously intense story. I read it when I was seventeen and I was a little shocked.


Kirby Andrea wrote: "Kirby wrote: "whoa, whoa, now...I think anne is 12- is that right, anne? even though you seem like a very mature young person, I definitely do not think you should watch or read fight club for at ..."

I only knew how old she was b/c it came up in a different discussion...I'm usually kinda bad for forgetting that a lot of people on here (esp. on twilight and hunger games threads) are younger.

I read palahniuk's short story guts not too long ago- somebody else gave it to me like, "ahhh, this is so horrible, you've gotta read it!" and it was one of the most disturbing things I've ever read...and now I seem to be just as guilty as that other guy!


Kirby I think I agree that the twilight love triangle was better but hunger games was the better book. though I may still prefer the love triangle (square?) from the host b/c it was so different...


AnnieB haha...schmuch....i like that word...schmuch


AnnieB am i the only 12 year old here? i feel so small compared to you guys.


Kirby I actually feel kinda silly, being a not-so-young-adult in love w/ not one, but two, young adult series.

and even if you are the only 12 year old, I think you should feel proud, not small...


Aurian I have to go with The Hunger Games because I liked that book better to begin with xD But which result did you like better? (I know that a lot of people didn't like how the Hunger Games ended)


AnnieB haha kirby!


Kirby *hangs head in shame*

no, wait! what I meant to say is that I am also 12! that's right, 12...I was just confused earlier :)


Aurian Anne wrote: "am i the only 12 year old here? i feel so small compared to you guys."

Hey, 12 is the new 20 (: (Zombieland? Anyone? xD) I wish I knew about this website when I was twelve....


AnnieB Kirby wrote: "*hangs head in shame*

no, wait! what I meant to say is that I am also 12! that's right, 12...I was just confused earlier :)"


haha! oh really? what grade are you in then....hmmm....


Kirby Anne wrote: "Kirby wrote: "*hangs head in shame*

no, wait! what I meant to say is that I am also 12! that's right, 12...I was just confused earlier :)"

haha! oh really? what grade are you in then....hmmm...."


oh, uh, um...7th? 6th? definitely one of those two, just can't remember right now- haven't had my coffee...or, no, wait, my orange juice, haven't had my orange juice.


message 37: by AnnieB (last edited Nov 26, 2011 02:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

AnnieB haha. i literally laughed out loud. well I'm in 7th grade, so ill be 13 sometime within the next half a year. not to brag or anything, but i take 8th grade math. i have 108% in that class...so HA! shhhh...dont tell anyone. i dont want some creeper person to come and start stalking me...because i wouldn't like that...it would make me flip.

and i dont like orange juice...but i do like coffee. it makes me really hipper. give me coffee and step back...

ya. I'm a strange soul aren't I?


AnnieB how old are you anyway kirby? if you really think that you are 12 then i think you need to get your head checked out...JK.


Kirby Anne wrote: "how old are you anyway kirby? if you really think that you are 12 then i think you need to get your head checked out...JK."

well, I'll fess up, but no pointing and laughing! I'm 26, soon to be 27...definitely don't look forward to birthdays anymore, so be sure and savor yours while you still can! *shakes cane for emphasis*


AnnieB HAHA! at least your not middle aged yet!


AnnieB at least you dont have to sit through my science class. there are these kids that keep on throwing ninja stars at everyone. they REALLY hurt. and our teacher is old and unaware.


AnnieB and i dont think that 27 is old at all. still a young adult. :)


Isabel I liked the Hunger Games love triangle better. Bella kind of annoys me and the books were too centered on it. Plus, it was inevitable who Bella would choose. With the Hunger Games, there was still uncertainty about who Katniss would choose, and I liked her character better. She's less mopey (like when Edward left and Bella spent forever crying about him instead of trying to move on) and she's a stronger character, in my opinion.


Kirby yeah, I'm mostly okay w/ 26, but 27 really freaks me out for some reason...and I may panic when I hit 30. time just really snowballs, it goes by soooo much faster than when I was younger. like my mom says, no wonder old people are confused! so I'm trying not to blink much so I don't miss the rest of my 20s.

I do have science classes to sit through (still trying to get my college degree), but at least nobody's throwing stuff at me, much less deadly stuff- that's not cool! protect your eyes!


message 45: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin I liked the Hunger Games love triangle better, but Twilight seems to be more popular and more important!


Isabel Random statement: I love the age range in goodreads. :) And how even with that, everyone still talks to each other.


Alpha Going over the last message posts here, I feel like a total schmuck since I was the one who brought up Fight Club. Anyways, Guts is a disgusting short story and its the first story in Chuck's novel Haunted just in case you wanted to read more Kirby. (Insert Ironic Goofy Face HERE!)

And I agree with Isabel. I love the age range here on Bookreads and how most of us get along unlike Myspace, Facebook, and dear lord EditRed. It's like age doesn't matter which may be a good and bad thing as we talk about YA series like the Hunger Games Trilogy then suddenly talk about a transgressional fiction.


AnnieB ya! group hug!


Cassidy cool, I'm only thirteen! I thought everyone else was grown!!(:


message 50: by Edward (last edited Nov 26, 2011 04:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Edward Lazellari This one is a no brainer... Hunger Games by a mile. I like Katniss. I'd date Katniss (If I were 16). I don't care much for mopey Bella. Katniss's triangle is complex... it's life and death and happiness. It's a choice between two men. Bella's choices are the warm-blooded passionate rock-hard and sensitive Jacob, and the cold sparkly dreary mopey been-in-high-school for a hundred years Edward. And she picks Edward. Really? I just dated a 34-year-old "Bella" earlier this year. The sparkly guys can have her. lol.


« previous 1 3
back to top